There are 115 users in the forums

QB Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Not a Jimmy hater but my god he looks like he is running in mud. FForgot how slow he was
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
^every single 49er fan should be signing up for this. The Rams going from Matt Stafford to Jimmy G is a substantial downgrade and aid our chances to win the division.

Kyle Shanahan: 49ers playbook not changing for Trey Lance

you two wanna gift wrap the playbook and send it to McVay too? because that's the knowledge Jimmy's bringing with him if he ends up on the Rams.
Originally posted by Brucey72:

Not a Jimmy hater but my god he looks like he is running in mud. FForgot how slow he was

Yeah, let's see how drew brees, Tom Brady or big ben runs.

Can we stop requiring qbs to he athletes? I really want my qb to be, well, a qb.

To be fair, he is strapped to that sprint resistance machine
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Yeah, let's see how drew brees, Tom Brady or big ben runs.

Can we stop requiring qbs to he athletes? I really want my qb to be, well, a qb.

Where did I say that I wanted a running QB? Simply stating that I forgot how slow he was. Not in a bashing kind of way. Peyton Manning is probably the slowest QB of all time and is a hall of famer. Not every post about Jimmy is hating on him
[ Edited by Brucey72 on Aug 6, 2022 at 10:32 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erguy:

I didn't even notice that. Wondering why he was barely moving
Originally posted by boast:

you two wanna gift wrap the playbook and send it to McVay too? because that's the knowledge Jimmy's bringing with him if he ends up on the Rams.

It's possible Jimmy didnt even see this season's playbook. Who cares ? We loved Goff on the Rams, why would should the Niners fans care about another Goff if not for sentimental reasons ?
^every single 49er fan should be signing up for this. The Rams going from Matt Stafford to Jimmy G is a substantial downgrade and aid our chances to win the division.

No thanks

Nice catch 9G
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

No thanks

Absolutely not. If Stafford gets injured why in the world would we just give our biggest rival and reigning super bowl champion a QB?

I see this touted a lot. Given ALL THE RESOURCES available in this day and age, and with players, including QBs, changing teams all the time, why do you feel like if JG goes elsewhere he is some sort of key inside KS's mind? I certainly concede JG will bring some, perhaps a substantial amount, of information with him. But if said knowledge was so significant, you would see opposing teams snagging other teams' cast-offs for the stated advantage, followed up by significant victories in the months / years that follow. But this does not happen with any consistency. For instance, Seattle has snagged ex 49ers' players for years. Yet, have their victories really been because of inside knowledge? I'm willing to bet if you took away RW, the Seahawks would have lost the majority of the last dozen or so games against the 49ers, and Russ has never been a 49er.

No doubt, wherever JG lands, he will bring some inside information. No I do not want him going to a rival, no much how much I joke about Fred Warner enjoying all the interceptions. And no I do not want JG cut today just to cut him. But if he goes to an NFCW team, I'm not losing sleep over it. I'd rather face a JG led team than a Stafford, Kyler, or Russ (I know he's not in Seattle anymore) led team.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Nice catch 9G
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Polkadots:

I see this touted a lot. Given ALL THE RESOURCES available in this day and age, and with players, including QBs, changing teams all the time, why do you feel like if JG goes elsewhere he is some sort of key inside KS's mind? I certainly concede JG will bring some, perhaps a substantial amount, of information with him. But if said knowledge was so significant, you would see opposing teams snagging other teams' cast-offs for the stated advantage, followed up by significant victories in the months / years that follow. But this does not happen with any consistency. For instance, Seattle has snagged ex 49ers' players for years. Yet, have their victories really been because of inside knowledge? I'm willing to bet if you took away RW, the Seahawks would have lost the majority of the last dozen or so games against the 49ers, and Russ has never been a 49er.

No doubt, wherever JG lands, he will bring some inside information. No I do not want him going to a rival, no much how much I joke about Fred Warner enjoying all the interceptions. And no I do not want JG cut today just to cut him. But if he goes to an NFCW team, I'm not losing sleep over it. I'd rather face a JG led team than a Stafford, Kyler, or Russ (I know he's not in Seattle anymore) led team.

lol we see SEA constantly signing our cast-offs. how's our record been against them?

even the smallest bit of info can create a competitive advantage. identifying one play in a certain situation during a game is enough to change the outcome. some fans saying we should all hope JG joins the Rams is ridiculous.

100%
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

You really believe that?
Share 49ersWebzone