There are 296 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pelos21:
So we're just waiting for a 5th round pick for this dude? Or is it just that we're that desperate for more cap space and HAVE to trade him?

JL has diamond hands.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by WildBill:
If we release Jimmy, Seadderall picks him up same day and then he will play with a vengeance. Suddenly they go from Geno Smith and Drew Lock to a guy who knows our defense better than anyone. Not to mention all the intel he gives up to PED Carroll.

We can't release him. If the Browns don't end up trading for him, better to keep him on the roster as the most expensive backup in history and eat his salary than to make Seadderall a contender.

That is the biggest concern is Seattle getting intel on our Offense and Defense. Inter division games are always tough, this will make it tougher whatever people think of Jimmy.

Jimmy is a lot better than most people give him credit for. Ironically, some of the big games we lost last year and in the past were in large part due to the failure of the defense. Against Green Bay at Levi's, after Jimmy took the lead, Fred Warner was not playing deep enough to prevent a pass to Davante Adams that got the Packers into field goal range.

Jimmy seems to get all the criticism for a poor game in Green Bay and the 1st half against the Rams (Week #18) and Cowboys, but Rodgers also had a very substandard game in those weather conditions and our defense. In the 4th quarter, he made the crucial clutch passes to Kittle and Deebo to get them into field goal range and a TD strike to Jennings.

The defense, specifically the secondary in the 4th quarter against the Rams in the the NFC Championship last year and the Super Bowl in 2019 were getting abused when it mattered most. In both games we had a lead of about 10 points. Our secondary could not stop them on 3rd and very long or even 4th and 10+.

One thing I noticed from the very first play by the Rams was that they were throwing on Ambry Thomas on the first 3 or 4 passes. He had a 5-7 yard cushion, playing so far off that all they had to do was keep getting easy completions to extend the drive. I specifically recall the Rams had a big time of possession advantage, and I think the inability of the secondary to break up passes and getting gashed for a lot of run yardage by Cam Akers really hurt the Niners. Despite all this, Jimmy and Deebo kept them in the game, even taking the lead despite having fewer opportunities. Down the stretch our secondary could not defend Kupp or get any pass rush going. Probably due to them being tired because they couldn't get the Rams off the field on 3rd down.

Jimmy almost always kept us in games at the end when it mattered most. And more often than not we won. In the biggest games he gave us the lead, but the defense couldn't close them out with a sack or INT. People still talk about the failed overthrown pass to Sanders in the Super Bowl. Well even if they scored there, you think our secondary would've stopped Mahomes and Tyreek Hill again? I seriously doubt it. They couldn't even stop 3rd and 19. Would've been even more heart breaking.

Jimmy is going to make Seadderall a tough out. They still have Metcalf and Lockett. His quick delivery (2nd quickest in the league behind Brady) beats the pass rush most of the time. I'd rather not have to see him twice next year, especially if he has them winning games and competing with us for playoff contention. People forget how bad we were before Jimmy rolled into town. 2016 Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert. We went 2-14. 2017 we were 1-10 with Brian Hoyer and CJ Beathard before Jimmy won 5 straight games with the same roster.

No one blamed Jimmy for that loss against GB in week 3.

We had to rely on a rookie and a washed up has been in the secondary due to injuries.

Jimmy isn't a bad QB. He is an often injured QB who hasn't had time to develop and work on his weaknesses due to missing so much time.
just cause we scored late, doesn't mean he's free of blame

Typical 2021 J & H jimmy..trying to lose and win games in every game

I stand corrected. There is one person who blames Jimmy for that GB loss.
stop.. this was by far from a good jimmy game. the records are here if you would like to look at the game day or jimmy pages of that game

And despite this play, with a near free rusher coming straight up the middle, Jimmy came back in the clutch to take the lead back. Everyone knew Rodgers was going to Adams yet they couldn't stop him. Contrast that game with the bracket coverage between Hufanga and another defender near the end of the game on a deep Rodgers throw. They finally figured out how to defend him and force Rodgers to look for someone else. Jimmy makes plenty of mistakes but so do most other QB's.

The Webzone and the fanbase is going to have a meltdown if Trey doesn't lead the team to a better record than Jimmy. And there's no telling whether or not Trey can lead 4th quarter comebacks or handle adversity such as playing on the road down by a score with the game on the line. He's mostly played in blowout games at ND State. There's so much we don't know about Trey, but we will find out this upcoming year. Hopefully his injured finger had a bigger effect on his throwing than he let on. Would like to see his accuracy in the 65-70% range instead of barely reaching 60%.
If we release Jimmy, Seadderall picks him up same day and then he will play with a vengeance. Suddenly they go from Geno Smith and Drew Lock to a guy who knows our defense better than anyone. Not to mention all the intel he gives up to PED Carroll.

We can't release him. If the Browns don't end up trading for him, better to keep him on the roster as the most expensive backup in history and eat his salary than to make Seadderall a contender.

That is the biggest concern is Seattle getting intel on our Offense and Defense. Inter division games are always tough, this will make it tougher whatever people think of Jimmy.

Jimmy is a lot better than most people give him credit for. Ironically, some of the big games we lost last year and in the past were in large part due to the failure of the defense. Against Green Bay at Levi's, after Jimmy took the lead, Fred Warner was not playing deep enough to prevent a pass to Davante Adams that got the Packers into field goal range.

Jimmy seems to get all the criticism for a poor game in Green Bay and the 1st half against the Rams (Week #18) and Cowboys, but Rodgers also had a very substandard game in those weather conditions and our defense. In the 4th quarter, he made the crucial clutch passes to Kittle and Deebo to get them into field goal range and a TD strike to Jennings.

The defense, specifically the secondary in the 4th quarter against the Rams in the the NFC Championship last year and the Super Bowl in 2019 were getting abused when it mattered most. In both games we had a lead of about 10 points. Our secondary could not stop them on 3rd and very long or even 4th and 10+.

One thing I noticed from the very first play by the Rams was that they were throwing on Ambry Thomas on the first 3 or 4 passes. He had a 5-7 yard cushion, playing so far off that all they had to do was keep getting easy completions to extend the drive. I specifically recall the Rams had a big time of possession advantage, and I think the inability of the secondary to break up passes and getting gashed for a lot of run yardage by Cam Akers really hurt the Niners. Despite all this, Jimmy and Deebo kept them in the game, even taking the lead despite having fewer opportunities. Down the stretch our secondary could not defend Kupp or get any pass rush going. Probably due to them being tired because they couldn't get the Rams off the field on 3rd down.

Jimmy almost always kept us in games at the end when it mattered most. And more often than not we won. In the biggest games he gave us the lead, but the defense couldn't close them out with a sack or INT. People still talk about the failed overthrown pass to Sanders in the Super Bowl. Well even if they scored there, you think our secondary would've stopped Mahomes and Tyreek Hill again? I seriously doubt it. They couldn't even stop 3rd and 19. Would've been even more heart breaking.

Jimmy is going to make Seadderall a tough out. They still have Metcalf and Lockett. His quick delivery (2nd quickest in the league behind Brady) beats the pass rush most of the time. I'd rather not have to see him twice next year, especially if he has them winning games and competing with us for playoff contention. People forget how bad we were before Jimmy rolled into town. 2016 Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert. We went 2-14. 2017 we were 1-10 with Brian Hoyer and CJ Beathard before Jimmy won 5 straight games with the same roster.

We had to rely on a rookie and a washed up has been in the secondary due to injuries.

Jimmy isn't a bad QB. He is an often injured QB who hasn't had time to develop and work on his weaknesses due to missing so much time.

stop.. this was by far from a good jimmy game. the records are here if you would like to look at the game day or jimmy pages of that game

Stop what? I said that I stand corrected.
stop, that i'm the only one. but not stopping you of being corrected
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Just cut the dude eat the dead cap and move on.

They will in due time

This. We waited this long now lmao...Let's see what happens here soon and if not he will be cut. What's the rush?

And despite this play, with a near free rusher coming straight up the middle, Jimmy came back in the clutch to take the lead back. Everyone knew Rodgers was going to Adams yet they couldn't stop him. Contrast that game with the bracket coverage between Hufanga and another defender near the end of the game on a deep Rodgers throw. They finally figured out how to defend him and force Rodgers to look for someone else. Jimmy makes plenty of mistakes but so do most other QB's.

The Webzone and the fanbase is going to have a meltdown if Trey doesn't lead the team to a better record than Jimmy. And there's no telling whether or not Trey can lead 4th quarter comebacks or handle adversity such as playing on the road down by a score with the game on the line. He's mostly played in blowout games at ND State. There's so much we don't know about Trey, but we will find out this upcoming year. Hopefully his injured finger had a bigger effect on his throwing than he let on. Would like to see his accuracy in the 65-70% range instead of barely reaching 60%.
only twitter and WZ would melt down.. the fanbase not so much.. majority knows he's still a kid with only two starts
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

They will in due time

This. We waited this long now lmao...Let's see what happens here soon and if not he will be cut. What's the rush?

Patience, grasshoppers.
Jimmy to the Bucs for the pirate ship. Who says no.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TownNiner:

lol

Stop what? I said that I stand corrected.
stop, that i'm the only one. but not stopping you of being corrected

You are the only one to come out and correct me.

And rightfully so.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Jul 8, 2022 at 10:39 AM ]

Originally posted by TownNiner:

I'm down
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Jimmy will get a new contract before deebo.

I will root for Jimmy in the XFL for sure

HA…also does taking a pay cut equal getting a new contract?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 8, 2022 at 10:41 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

They will in due time

Patience, grasshoppers.

the longer this goes.. the longer it will go on.. they keep moving the goal post or coming up with excuses to make a case for him staying... the old saying is if you got something good. that just means someone else wants it....... that is not the case for jimmy....
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by mayo49:

They will in due time

Patience, grasshoppers.

the longer this goes.. the longer it will go on.. they keep moving the goal post or coming up with excuses to make a case for him staying... the old saying is if you got something good. that just means someone else wants it....... that is not the case for jimmy....

It's like the hot chick who waited to get married cause the guys she was with weren't absolutely perfect and now she's in her 40s and is the desperate chick no guy wants.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

And rightfully so.

Share 49ersWebzone