There are 150 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by TheStalker49er:
Waaah waaah waaah

Get of the forums if you need a safe space so badly.

Nah

Lol now I'm a stalker? You get clowned by so many here I guess we are all stalkers. Or maybe you're just on a forum where your awful posts are public.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I have been saying this exact thing for years. There is this fascination with defending an underperforming QB, but no one will go to bat Solomon Thomas, Dante Pettis, the offensive line, etc. Weird.

Comparing JG to a WR who caught 38 balls or a DE with 6 sacks.. really?

He threw for over 11,000 yards with a 98 rating in SF. You think Pettis and Thomas have production on par with this.. or an impact here as meaningful.. really?

Nope. Comparing a QB to another position.

Not sure what exactly you are saying.. are you surprised that starting QB has more engagement...both detractors and supporters.. than O-linemen?

There are posters who feel like they need to defend every criticism directed at the QB. But those posters are no where to be found when there is criticism towards other players at different positions. Has nothing to do with frequency of posts or amount of detractors/supporters. Some posters act as if someone spat on their mother when they see someone criticize the QB. Its just fascinating to me that you never see those defensive posters attempting to defend other positions.
Anyways, back to football Alex, Kap, and Jimmy.

Statistically Jimmy is by far the best throwing QB we've had since Garcia and statistically it's not even close. Kap and Jimmy would have to fight over who made the biggest impact overall as Kaps run game made him extremely dynamic coupled with his ability to make a 30 yard pass look like a 5 yard throw he was explosive. Huge Alex fan but he was straight up a master at game management. Alex was tough because it took many years for him to finally get comfortable. All 3 were awesome in their own right compared to guys like Ken Dorsey, Tim Rattay(who had some flashes), Cody Pickett, Troy Smith, Shaun Hill(who I appreciated), Dilfer and such.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Jun 8, 2022 at 3:51 PM ]
Here's my question. If Jimmy is all but gone, why do you guys care so damn much about him? In other words what exactly are you trying to prove anymore? What's your endgame besides to victimize Jimmy's very existence? Me? I'm a fan... I like Jimmy. I'm thankful for him and what he's done for this team. That's why I'm here. What about you? Be honest. I mean... like dig deep down and be really honest why you continue to come in and trash him if he's gone anyways.

How am I victimizing him at this point? Stop acting like you know anyone in here or how they feel about a player.

Again cut the s**t and stop playing the victim with anything. You've been in here less then a year. No one is buying your trash and at some point you're gonna be complaining to yourself.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Waaah waaah waaah

This. How dare we not love every hair on Jimmy's head. Dude is too emotional to be here
I have been saying this exact thing for years. There is this fascination with defending an underperforming QB, but no one will go to bat Solomon Thomas, Dante Pettis, the offensive line, etc. Weird.

Comparing JG to a WR who caught 38 balls or a DE with 6 sacks.. really?

He threw for over 11,000 yards with a 98 rating in SF. You think Pettis and Thomas have production on par with this.. or an impact here as meaningful.. really?

Nope. Comparing a QB to another position.

Not sure what exactly you are saying.. are you surprised that starting QB has more engagement...both detractors and supporters.. than O-linemen?

There are posters who feel like they need to defend every criticism directed at the QB. But those posters are no where to be found when there is criticism towards other players at different positions. Has nothing to do with frequency of posts or amount of detractors/supporters. Some posters act as if someone spat on their mother when they see someone criticize the QB. Its just fascinating to me that you never see those defensive posters attempting to defend other positions.

Can't speak for anyone but you will find me in the o-line thread defending our linemen and in the Sermon thread defending Sermon.. this isn't blind homerism either.. I happen to see we have a very good line and I don't write a rookie off just cuz he got hurt his first snap..

When ppl say JG sucks or JG is underperforming.. not sure what that even means.. he's certainly outperforming with this 98 rating and his record as starter.. those items are better than say the average QB.. 9th in rating in 2021.. that's outperforming.. I guess he's underperforming compared to Josh Allen.. sure. Is he a FQB.. nope.. he's too unreliable as a starter with the injuries.. I am the first to admit he's got the durability of a Ming vase in a 3 stooges skit. He also has no idea what he is doing when the play is off schedule or he has a free rusher. Doesn't really push the ball downfield with confidence either.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Waaah waaah waaah

This. How dare we not love every hair on Jimmy's head. Dude is too emotional to be here

Show me your last genuinely positive Jimmy post and I will take a week off l(I know you have a couple)of this place after tomorrow and OTAs. Two weeks if you find a single one from Gore within the last 6 months.

Petty, I agree but point being you guys give him credit for pretty much nothing despite his success. I understand he's flawed. I understand he's not a top 10 QB, he was lackluster in the playoffs, I get it. I get why we got Trey. I've said it 100 times he's good, sometimes great, other right downright terrible. I just focus on the good and his winning pretty much 2 out of 3 games, 2 NFCC'S, and a SB appearance while understanding the bad. You guys do everything in your power to diminish him.

Yes I will die on this hill. You're one sided and extremely bias. Which is fine but at least admit it. I do.. I unlike you guys tend to be thankful for his time here despite not being Joe Montana like the faction of fans that I've dealt with for 30+ years(that's who I was talking about not you you little victims) who just won't accept our QBs like Alex, Kap, and Jimmy because they are not Joe...and Steve kind of though I maintain you guys would've hated Steve.

Ps I've defended plenty of guys, including Trey from these idiotic no name Twitter dick bags. I wasn't here for Pettis and Thomas so....
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Jun 8, 2022 at 4:46 PM ]
"Before you judge me take a look at you
Can't you find something better to do
Point the finger, slow to understand
Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

It's not who you are it's who you know
Others lives are the basis of your own
Burn your bridges build them back with wealth
Judge not lest ye be judged yourself

Holier than thou
You are
Holier than thou
You are

You know not

Yeah
Who the hell are you?"
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Holier than thou
You are
Holier than thou
You are

You know not

Yeah
Who the hell are you?"

Wow... This has opened my eyes...I have changed my mind. Jimmy is just garbage. Air yards are not just a fantasy football stat, Jimmy was faking that thumb injury, that pass that hit Deebo square in the hands was the worst throw in NFL history and was worth the 2 week discussion. Him being 3rd in winning percentage despite the team being one of the 3 worst teams in the league without him has nothing to do with Jimmy.

He is just terrible.

Holier than thou
You are
Holier than thou
You are

You know not

Yeah
Who the hell are you?"

Wow... This has opened my eyes...I have changed my mind. Jimmy is just garbage. Air yards are not just a fantasy football stat, Jimmy was faking that thumb injury, that pass that hit Deebo square in the hands was the worst throw in NFL history and was worth the 2 week discussion. Him being 3rd in winning percentage despite the team being one of the 3 worst teams in the league without him has nothing to do with Jimmy.

He is just terrible.

Honestly, I am most thankful for your great entertainment value. I hope you never leave.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jun 8, 2022 at 5:08 PM ]

Here's my question. If Jimmy is all but gone, why do you guys care so damn much about him? In other words what exactly are you trying to prove anymore? What's your endgame besides to victimize Jimmy's very existence? Me? I'm a fan... I like Jimmy. I'm thankful for him and what he's done for this team. That's why I'm here. What about you? Be honest. I mean... like dig deep down and be really honest why you continue to come in and trash him if he's gone anyways.

How am I victimizing him at this point? Stop acting like you know anyone in here or how they feel about a player.

Again cut the s**t and stop playing the victim with anything. You've been in here less then a year. No one is buying your trash and at some point you're gonna be complaining to yourself.

8000+ Jimmy bashing post between you 3. I'm guessing less than .5% are actually positive, while the rest are trashing the guy and I'm not exaggerating at that guess. Clear bias.

like 1400 post of those guys combined

Lol at trying to act like it's the same thing. If you guys had 8000 post whining about Soloman we could talk.

Again, if there are 8000+ post by you guys and more than 99% are negative, that's not criticism....

Oh would you pipe down already...you've been here for less then a year and you think everyone hates your man. I was one of the first people here calling to trade for Jimmy and supported paying him and letting him get his time here. Not until this past off season did I say it was time to find the guy via the draft or trade. THIS TEAM felt the same way!

Only one that been bias from DAY 1 is you and your other account.

all you do is cry about Jimmy not getting his fair shake, like you know people here and what has been said for years. Get over it. You only read what you want to hear, post half comments and screen shots to show a narrative. LOL you're not the first guy to pull that shtick in here and I'm sure you won't be the last. At some point you'll just be complaining to yourself because everyone will have you blocked or just ignore you.

To be fair, it's hard to be positive about a QB who sucks and is always hurt.

But here's a positive: He has nice teeth.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
To be fair, it's hard to be positive about a QB who sucks and is always hurt.

But here's a positive: He has nice teeth.

I can get behind this.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I am saying that you take everything personal. Not everyone who dislikes these players dislike them for personal reasons. The NFL is a entertainment business. These guys get paid millions to play a child's game. Boohoo if a fanbase is relentless when it comes to under performing players. I am sure Jimmy, Alex and Kaep are all living a lot better than me and a majority of the fanbase.

Where's Rac with defending guys like Solomon Thomas? You can be a good human and not live up to the expectations as a football player....people can criticize your play on the field after 3 or 4 yrs have passed.

True. lol. Its football. Imo, all on field stuff is fair game. Don't like the criticism, too bad.

Yup, I'm cool with criticism if there's a large enough sample size.

8000+ Jimmy bashing post between you 3. I'm guessing less than .5% are actually positive, while the rest are trashing the guy and I'm not exaggerating at that guess. Clear bias.

like 1400 post of those guys combined

Lol at trying to act like it's the same thing. If you guys had 8000 post whining about Soloman we could talk.

Again, if there are 8000+ post by you guys and more than 99% are negative, that's not criticism....

LOL. You just love to make stuff up.

The difference between him and other so-called "9ers" is that his make-believe is factual.
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 9, 2022 at 1:11 AM ]
I don't have anything bad to say about Jimmy other than he didn't stay healthy enough and he had a gunslinger mentality with a game managers talent and because of this he would try to make plays he shouldn't have and it led to injury and untimely turnovers

I feel Jimmy is a good QB in every way that counts but he's just not the playmaker we need at the position in this team construct we have in order to get us to that sixth championship

Jimmy is generally accurate on time a great leader clutch at times experienced and he's a great representative of a franchise

He is a starter and he should get another opportunity somewhere
Share 49ersWebzone