There are 92 users in the forums

QB Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
My point is why even post that play?. Yes there are other plays to highlight. But that play in particular? It's reaching on another level.
because some are trying to rewrite history. o rmaybe just forgot how jimmy really played

Nobody has forgotten. 99% of fans here know who Jimmy is. He is a limited passer who makes mistakes at important times. Hes not josh allen. Mahommes, or any other top tier talent. He is also a leader who brought the the team together and solidified the qb position, helping the team reach the nfc championship game and superbowl in 3 years. The stuff you keep posting is what you see on the screen amd on the field. You can't post what he's doing in the huddle and in the locker room. There's a reason everyone keeps vouching for him. As much as most hate to admit it, he was important to the team in terms of leadership and chemistry. Deebo, armstead, kittle etc have all come out and stated how much they appreciate what Jimmy brought to the team. There's no changing that.

I continually say he's a good QB, sometimes great, other times down right infuriating. He's around the Cousins, Tannehills and Matt Ryan's. Decent but not great.

Good enough to win but not good enough to constantly put the team on his back. Just like Kap and Alex. Like those two i see no reason to hate the guy so much but it's just what our fanbase does. Jimmy has given us good years while healthy. More than most QBs have given their fans.

Most of the hate is, as far as I can tell, directed at people who say Jimmy is top 10 and Lance is a bust.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Jimmy may be one beautiful sob, but it seems he lacks in the brains department, i guess nobody can have both. Postponing his surgery has created more problems for the Niners and Jimmy than necessary

How so?

If he needed the surgery he needed it... so he could wait and get traded to a new fan base then get the surgery to make him sit out even longer and turn the fan base against him from the get go. Or he gets it now while he is still guaranteed 25 mil. It sucks but its not dumb, what if the niners traded a 2nd or 3rd for JG just to undergo surgery and not be ready for TC... this place would revolt.

Does his decision hurt the niners? yeah no sh*t. But in terms of the player he probably did the best thing he could do. Does any QB want to go to a new team for draft picks and cant even participate because he waited on a trade? The fanbase would crucify him before he even threw a pass.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
My point is why even post that play?. Yes there are other plays to highlight. But that play in particular? It's reaching on another level.
because some are trying to rewrite history. o rmaybe just forgot how jimmy really played

Nobody has forgotten. 99% of fans here know who Jimmy is. He is a limited passer who makes mistakes at important times. Hes not josh allen. Mahommes, or any other top tier talent. He is also a leader who brought the the team together and solidified the qb position, helping the team reach the nfc championship game and superbowl in 3 years. The stuff you keep posting is what you see on the screen amd on the field. You can't post what he's doing in the huddle and in the locker room. There's a reason everyone keeps vouching for him. As much as most hate to admit it, he was important to the team in terms of leadership and chemistry. Deebo, armstead, kittle etc have all come out and stated how much they appreciate what Jimmy brought to the team. There's no changing that.

I continually say he's a good QB, sometimes great, other times down right infuriating. He's around the Cousins, Tannehills and Matt Ryan's. Decent but not great.

Good enough to win but not good enough to constantly put the team on his back. Just like Kap and Alex. Like those two i see no reason to hate the guy so much but it's just what our fanbase does. Jimmy has given us good years while healthy. More than most QBs have given their fans.

Most of the hate is, as far as I can tell, directed at people who say Jimmy is top 10 and Lance is a bust.
some posters can't comprehend a counter post and just write it off as hate.. when there is nothing hateful about it
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 23, 2022 at 2:41 PM ]
Place your bets where does he end up? NFL answers only.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

If he's cut, SEA

If it's a trade, Panthers or Giants

Seattle. And they'll end up first place in the division. And then immediately get bounced.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

If he's cut, SEA

Lol. Exactly this.
Originally posted by NCommand:

If he's cut, SEA

Lol. Exactly this.
Seattle sorry ass is why we're not releasing him before camp. Don't give seattle any of jimmy's knowledge of our system this early

9ers, unless traded, then most likely a panther.

Seattle. And they'll end up first place in the division. And then immediately get bounced.

Cross out the first part, keep the second and we've got a deal

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:

9ers, unless traded, then most likely a panther.

Yeah, I agree - he'll be a Panther.

If he's cut, SEA

Lol. Exactly this.

The mouthpiece of the Niners according to you

Texans or panthers………..or competing with Mac Jones for the starting job

[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 23, 2022 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Competition between with mckorkle? Bill wouldn't allow it
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Competition between with mckorkle? Bill wouldn't allow it

Supposedly Mac has shown up fit

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33972622/qb-mac-jones-offseason-conditioning-evident-new-england-patriots-practice-best-shape-life
Share 49ersWebzone