There are 174 users in the forums

QB Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by random49er:
Help me out with this list from the same exact website then.

And I'll caution onlookers early that it is highlighted and truncated to show clearly where Jimmy Garoppolo ranked at and behind.

They had the league MVP @ 1st with 0.8% and Jimmy @ 23rd best (not worst,...perhaps a Freudian slip earlier is the possible cause for confusion?)

But yea given the limited TD production, I gotta see these #s as below average.

Perhaps some others feel that all of the YAC yards from Deebo and others make up for it, and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

the higher the INT% the more you turn the ball over.

LMAO cmon NY. You are better than this.
Originally posted by thl408:

been saying this for months.....

The 49ers still plan to trade quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo before Week 1 of the 2022 season, according to The MMQB's Albert Breer.

Sources told Breer that while the 49ers have been patient, they've had an open line of communication with Garoppolo's camp over the last few months, with both sides being willing to be flexible to find the best situation for the 30-year-old quarterback.

This includes potentially renegotiating the final year of his contract worth $24.8 million to facilitate a deal.

If Jimmy is going to start for another team, it's important he attends OTAs/training camp for his new team so he can digest the playbook.

Yeah I would think TC would be the deadline with all of that....IMO if they can renegotiate that cash, he could be sent to someone like the Panthers/Texans. I don't see them getting anything substantial for him, probably a future conditional pick or whatever
Originally posted by thl408:

been saying this for months.....

The 49ers still plan to trade quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo before Week 1 of the 2022 season, according to The MMQB's Albert Breer.

Sources told Breer that while the 49ers have been patient, they've had an open line of communication with Garoppolo's camp over the last few months, with both sides being willing to be flexible to find the best situation for the 30-year-old quarterback.

This includes potentially renegotiating the final year of his contract worth $24.8 million to facilitate a deal.

If Jimmy is going to start for another team, it's important he attends OTAs/training camp for his new team so he can digest the playbook.

True.

And then King recently said this:

"But if Lance had shown all the signs Shanahan needed to see by now, we wouldn't be having this discussion," wrote King. "The Niners would have granted Garoppolo his freedom if they couldn't trade him."

"My guess: Samuel will be a Niner this year," King predicted. "Lance will start opening day. Garoppolo will hang around because Shanahan and GM John Lynch know the defense is so good they could win with Garoppolo if Lance spits the bit."

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

What do you mean? He was tied for 10th overall in the highest INT%...that's not good.
Originally posted by NCommand:
True.

"But if Lance had shown all the signs Shanahan needed to see by now, we wouldn't be having this discussion," wrote King. "The Niners would have granted Garoppolo his freedom if they couldn't trade him."

"My guess: Samuel will be a Niner this year," King predicted. "Lance will start opening day. Garoppolo will hang around because Shanahan and GM John Lynch know the defense is so good they could win with Garoppolo if Lance spits the bit."

Again one guy is actually reporting this and the other guy is tossing out his opinion. Like Kyle said in the owners meeting...they are gonna wait until he's healthy because that's what the holdup was in trading him. They have no reason to cut him until then....It's like people don't listen to the HC.

What do you mean? He was tied for 10th overall in the highest INT%...that's not good.

Right. The dude posted the list saying Jimmy was 23rd in INT% (with the lowest percentage ranked 1st), and you posted the exact same list flipped the other direction and called him 10th. LOL
True.

Again one guy is actually reporting this and the other guy is tossing out his opinion. Like Kyle said in the owners meeting...they are gonna wait until he's healthy because that's what the holdup was in trading him. They have no reason to cut him until then....It's like people don't listen to the HC.

So which opinion do you believe?

Personally, they both seem accurate to me. They do plan on trading him (no s**t) but if they can't (even with eating some of that contract) and Kyle wants the added competition and security, could just keep him on the roster until a playoff team loses its QB.

Cut him outright? Hmm. Doubt it.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 23, 2022 at 10:59 AM ]
Right. The dude posted the list saying Jimmy was 23rd in INT% (with the lowest percentage ranked 1st), and you posted the exact same list flipped the other direction and called him 10th. LOL

Yeah saying he's 23rd in INT% is incorrect overall...it makes it sound like having a high INT% is good IMO. But yes overall it's the same info just backwards

Yeah saying he's 23rd in INT% is incorrect overall...it makes it sound like having a high INT% is good IMO. But yes overall it's the same info just backwards

Funny, because I think the way that YOU phrased it makes it sound like having a high INT% is good haha.

Anyway, most of us understand that Jimmy throws way too many INTs, when comparing him to other QBs who have way more attempts and better production.

Personally, they both seem accurate to me. They do plan on trading him (no s**t) but if they can't (even with eating some of that contract) and Kyle wants the added competition and security, could just keep him on the roster until a playoff teams loses its QB.

Well for one Breer said sources have told him. Peter is going off his opinion (like he does a lot now). He's connecting the dots in that little blurb you posted. He didn't say he spoke with the 49ers or sources on the matter (at least from what I saw).

The new info that really wasn't discussed outside of people's opinions on what they should do is...Breer saying renegotiating the final year of his contract worth $24.8 million to facilitate a deal is a possible option now. As far as cutting him, no one has to tell King/Breer etc about it because that's not a road they have to go down until like late August. There's no reason why that can't be a legit option by that time.

Funny, because I think the way that YOU phrased it makes it sound like having a high INT% is good haha.

Anyway, most of us understand that Jimmy throws way too many INTs, when comparing him to other QBs who have way more attempts and better production.

Lol I guess The passing attempts vs INT% doesn't really bother me, IMO that's all relative...it's the low IAY with the high INT% that's poop. Either way Jimmy isn't the best with not turning the ball over. He's a gun slinger without a legit gun lol.

Personally, they both seem accurate to me. They do plan on trading him (no s**t) but if they can't (even with eating some of that contract) and Kyle wants the added competition and security, could just keep him on the roster until a playoff teams loses its QB.

Well for one Breer said sources have told him. Peter is going off his opinion (like he does a lot now). He's connecting the dots in that little blurb you posted. He didn't say he spoke with the 49ers or sources on the matter (at least from what I saw).

The new info that really wasn't discussed outside of people's opinions on what they should do is...Breer saying renegotiating the final year of his contract worth $24.8 million to facilitate a deal is a possible option now. As far as cutting him, no one has to tell King/Breer etc about it because that's not a road they have to go down until like late August. There's no reason why that can't be a legit option by that time.

Let's hope it never gets to that. I don't think one would need to talk to anybody inside the organization to know we're trying to trade him (still) and if it got to it, would consider eating some of his contract to get rid of him to get something in return. Naturally.

I don't want to get to King's point because that would only exist if all the aforementioned failed first.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 23, 2022 at 11:36 AM ]
Let's hope it never gets to that. I don't think one would need to talk to anybody inside the organization to know we're trying to trade him (still) and if it got to it, would consider eating some of his contract to get rid of him to get something in return. Naturally.

I don't want to get to King's point because that would only exist if all the aforementioned failed first.

Yeah I just think one is more of a report and the other is just an educated guess....we will see where it all goes in a couple months. Good thing is there doesn't need to be a resolution right now anyway.
Jimmy may be one beautiful sob, but it seems he lacks in the brains department, i guess nobody can have both. Postponing his surgery has created more problems for the Niners and Jimmy than necessary

I wouldn't. Clearly, there is not going to be teams competing for Jimmy, and therefore, he can't bring more than a very low draft pick. Wherever he goes, it will be at a negotiated lower number. Keep the money and get a leg up on paying Deebo and Bosa. We have talent. The money is more important to us than a drafted backup.
Share 49ersWebzone