There are 117 users in the forums

QB Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The DSM-VI is going to have a "Jimmy Garoppolo" d/o
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Jimmy was never very composed when under immediate pressure. Very Nick Mullens-esque on this play.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on May 22, 2022 at 10:29 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

This and a similar mistake, NOT the Sanders miss, is why we lost. He predetermines his reads most the time. Trey doesn't, and that is the true reason he will be an upgrade.

The FIRST one. And the others. But the LAST one, that was on the WR. I'm 95% certain that's a route where the WR runs the corner if it's man (which it was).

LOOK how bad his foot work was... and how shallow he drops back?? no way he can see a deeper route when he's dropping shollow in the pocket and rushers getting closer and closer...

I remember people saying Kap was the only QB that made those type of mistakes.

KAEP was a pitcher playing QB and once the D figured him out, he couldn't do anything else... I gave up on the guy the moment he walked around w/t a Dolphin matching cap...

He a PUNK !!
Originally posted by 9moon:
HOW did the Atlanta ended the season??

" ALMOST " - as in... they almost won the Super Bowl...

is ALMOST good enough ?

Shows he has what takes. You should be grateful and not bash Shanahan we could be the Texans or Lions dysfunction want long ago we had Tomsula and Chip Kelly running the show
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Jimmy was never very composed when under immediate pressure. Very Nick Mullens-esque on this play.

Sometimes I wonder if people have blinders on.

Yes Jimmy makes mistakes.
Yes he's immobile.
Yes hes been bad in the playoffs.

But to use THAT play as proof just goes to show that people have lost their mind. Dsm IV is right.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on May 23, 2022 at 7:10 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Yes he's immobile.

But to use THAT play as proof just goes to show that people have lost their mind. Dsm IV is right.
you really believe that is the only play?

Yes he's immobile.

you really believe that is the only play?

My point is why even post that play?. Yes there are other plays to highlight. But that play in particular? It's reaching on another level.
bumping for jose
bumping for jose

My point is why even post that play?. Yes there are other plays to highlight. But that play in particular? It's reaching on another level.
because some are trying to rewrite history. o rmaybe just forgot how jimmy really played
because some are trying to rewrite history. o rmaybe just forgot how jimmy really played

Nobody has forgotten. 99% of fans here know who Jimmy is. He is a limited passer who makes mistakes at important times. Hes not josh allen. Mahommes, or any other top tier talent. He is also a leader who brought the the team together and solidified the qb position, helping the team reach the nfc championship game and superbowl in 3 years. The stuff you keep posting is what you see on the screen amd on the field. You can't post what he's doing in the huddle and in the locker room. There's a reason everyone keeps vouching for him. As much as most hate to admit it, he was important to the team in terms of leadership and chemistry. Deebo, armstead, kittle etc have all come out and stated how much they appreciate what Jimmy brought to the team. There's no changing that.

been saying this for months.....

The 49ers still plan to trade quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo before Week 1 of the 2022 season, according to The MMQB's Albert Breer.

Sources told Breer that while the 49ers have been patient, they've had an open line of communication with Garoppolo's camp over the last few months, with both sides being willing to be flexible to find the best situation for the 30-year-old quarterback.

This includes potentially renegotiating the final year of his contract worth $24.8 million to facilitate a deal.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 23, 2022 at 10:10 AM ]

Nobody has forgotten. 99% of fans here know who Jimmy is. He is a limited passer who makes mistakes at important times. Hes not josh allen. Mahommes, or any other top tier talent. He is also a leader who brought the the team together and solidified the qb position, helping the team reach the nfc championship game and superbowl in 3 years. The stuff you keep posting is what you see on the screen amd on the field. You can't post what he's doing in the huddle and in the locker room. There's a reason everyone keeps vouching for him. As much as most hate to admit it, he was important to the team in terms of leadership and chemistry. Deebo, armstead, kittle etc have all come out and stated how much they appreciate what Jimmy brought to the team. There's no changing that.

I continually say he's a good QB, sometimes great, other times down right infuriating. He's around the Cousins, Tannehills and Matt Ryan's. Decent but not great.

Good enough to win but not good enough to constantly put the team on his back. Just like Kap and Alex. Like those two i see no reason to hate the guy so much but it's just what our fanbase does. Jimmy has given us good years while healthy. More than most QBs have given their fans.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:

been saying this for months.....

The 49ers still plan to trade quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo before Week 1 of the 2022 season, according to The MMQB's Albert Breer.

Sources told Breer that while the 49ers have been patient, they've had an open line of communication with Garoppolo's camp over the last few months, with both sides being willing to be flexible to find the best situation for the 30-year-old quarterback.

This includes potentially renegotiating the final year of his contract worth $24.8 million to facilitate a deal.

If Jimmy is going to start for another team, it's important he attends OTAs/training camp for his new team so he can digest the playbook.
Share 49ersWebzone