There are 188 users in the forums

QB Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

stop comparing top tier QBs to jimmy.. maybe use 2nd and 3rd tier QBs to make a point

Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Jimmy threw 12 interceptions, his 12 are no worse than Mahomes 13 or Josh Allens 15. Now both of those guys are top tier an QBs, I'm not saying Jimmy is on their level so I ask that people like Steve not to make up lies that I'm comparing talent,
I should've added you with Steve. Why you guys gotta lie is beyond me.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on May 22, 2022 at 7:55 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
What happened to the Jimmy trade value thread? Was that question answered?

It disappeared like his trade value

stop comparing top tier QBs to jimmy.. maybe use 2nd and 3rd tier QBs to make a point

Jimmy threw 12 interceptions, his 12 are no worse than Mahomes 13 or Josh Allens 15. Now both of those guys are top tier an QBs, I'm not saying Jimmy is on their level so I ask that people like Steve not to make up lies that I'm comparing talent,

All QBs throw INTs. The really good ones make up for it with big plays somewhere else. That's what Jimmy lacks.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

All QBs throw INTs. The really good ones make up for it with big plays somewhere else. That's what Jimmy lacks.

Exactly... That's what started this conversation is guys trying to make Jimmy look like he's the only one that throws bad interceptions.

And I agree Jimmy could've done better.
I agree he needed to throw more tds though we moved the ball and scored points decently as an offense.
Almost all int's are either bad reads or bad passes. Int's happen, Its just part of the game. You would expect a QB who throws a lot more passes to throw more TD's. You would also expect a QB who throws a lot less passes to throw less int's. Its just the law of averages. Yet Jimmy throws the ball a lot less therefor he throws less TD's but he still throws around the same amount of int's.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on May 22, 2022 at 8:06 AM ]

Thats not the conversation though... This is what started the conversation and I said "every QB throws interceptions like this". I said nothing about ratio. People were trying to make Jimmy look bad because he throws bad interceptions. I made the point and maintained the point that a vast majority of interceptions are usually terrible. I agree Jimmy needed more tds.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on May 22, 2022 at 8:20 AM ]

There isn't any lies, but pure denial.

1-1 TD Ratio is not a good QB no matter what you think

Ya but he's a really nice guy!

Thats not the conversation though... This is what started the conversation and I said "every QB throws interceptions like this". I said nothing about ratio. People were trying to make Jimmy look bad because he throws bad interceptions. I made the point and maintained the point that a vast majority of interceptions are usually terrible. I agree Jimmy needed more tds.

Sure. It would be nice for him to throw more TD's but it is understandable that he doesn't because he throws a lot less passes. What he needs to do is throw less int's.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on May 22, 2022 at 8:34 AM ]

Thats has nothing to do with the conversation. You are all over the place.

You said stop comparing QBs, I specifically said I wasn't. Like 100% said "I'm not saying Jimmy is on their level so I ask that people like Steve not to make up lies that I'm comparing talent,"

You said "stop comparing top tier QBs to jimmy"

Focus

Thats has nothing to do with the conversation. You are all over the place.

You said stop comparing QBs, I specifically said I wasn't. Like 100% said "I'm not saying Jimmy is on their level so I ask that people like Steve not to make up lies that I'm comparing talent,"

You said "stop comparing top tier QBs to jimmy"

Focus
When you have to add another QB to any conversation or to make a point, that is a comparison
Why are you guys still talking about the worst playoff QB ever in franchise history?
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Sure. It would be nice for him to throw more TD's but it is understandable that he doesn't because he throws a lot less passes. What he needs to do is throw less int's.
Can't argue with that. His 2019 year is more what I'd like to see but I think with his injury history it's tough for him to get into any true rhythm.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Why are you guys still talking about the worst playoff QB ever in franchise history?
I enjoy trying to lead the blind away from the freeway
Share 49ersWebzone