There are 233 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Now that the TREY ERA HAS OFFICALLY BEGUN, the title of Jimmy G Era will be call "Close, but no cigar." Aka not good enough lmao..

The Kraperchoke Era: "Fool's Gold, Karma."
Alex Smith Era: "Dysfunctional FO DUMPSTERFIRE." Aka karmic lessons.
Joe Montana Era: "Golden Era, aka Gold Rush"
Steve Young Era: "Well Earned through hardship, 94"

You forgot the OG JG.. Jeff Garcia..

Can I nominate 'Yorks screw the Mooch' for that era..

The Mooch Era was forgettable... "The Forgotten years" aka unmemorable.

It wasn't forgettable man you had prime TO and the NYG Wild Card game feat Trey Junkin.. he established a long history of Trey's helping this franchise..

It wasn't forgettable man you had prime TO and the NYG Wild Card game feat Trey Junkin.. he established a long history of Trey's helping this franchise..

Mooch was above average HC at best lmao.. aka unmemorable.
Now that the TREY ERA HAS OFFICALLY BEGUN, the title of Jimmy G Era will be call "Close, but no cigar." Aka not good enough lmao..

Alex Smith Era: "Dysfunctional FO DUMPSTERFIRE." Aka karmic lessons for young ownership.

9moon hack your account?

My favorite moment at candlestick, besides the catch3, was TO bouncing off the defender and running for the TD in that wildcard game vs NYG.

I actually sat behind the family of the player who missed the tackle on TO. They were so salty after that play and kept taunting the 49ers fans all game because we were losing... little did they know what was to come.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

My favorite moment at candlestick, besides the catch3, was TO bouncing off the defender and running for the TD in that wildcard game vs NYG.

I actually sat behind the family of the player who missed the tackle on TO. They were so salty after that play and kept taunting the 49ers fans all game because we were losing... little did they know what was to come.

Yessir. Dude was like a tank. WR with speed and BUILT.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Alex Smith Era: "Dysfunctional FO DUMPSTERFIRE." Aka karmic lessons for young ownership.

9moon hack your account?

Nah he has been consistent throughout his time here. He led the charge in ruining Alex Smith threads and he is doing it again here in the Jimmy thread. The funny thing about it is that his takes are the exact opposite here that they were in the Alex thread, in spite of Jimmy being a substantially better QB than Alex could ever dream of being for us.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

9moon hack your account?

Nah he has been consistent throughout his time here. He led the charge in ruining Alex Smith threads and he is doing it again here in the Jimmy thread. The funny thing about it is that his takes are the exact opposite here that they were in the Alex thread, in spite of Jimmy being a substantially better QB than Alex could ever dream of being for us.

Man… my Jimmie Ward is your Alex Smith. Lol

9moon hack your account?

Haha. I dont think its much of a hot take to say Jimmy has been markedly better as a 49er than Alex Smith was.
Jimmy is substantially better than a QB that had a 16 year career where he was a starter for most of it all while going 61.7% of his passes for 1,745 yards with 14 touchdowns to two interceptions in the playoffs?

That's pretty good to me, being substantially better than that. Crazy that supposed fans think that's terrible.

Edit: didn't see the "for us". Point still stands as I'm guessing SWH had thousands of post dogging Alex. I wouldn't know but probably.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Jun 7, 2022 at 3:49 PM ]

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Jimmy flat foot needs to be cut once he passes his physical.

good god,, this is the truth.,.,..

I've slightly cooled off my idea about Jimmy needing to be cut immediately rather than after he can pass a physical.

However, if there is a player that our team wants in free agency that would not be possible with Jimmy on the books, then yes, he needs to be cut immediately. If our front office decides there isnt any free agent help out there, then there is no harm in waiting to cut him.

Cutting him now would mean that Jimmy would have to sign at least a $7M contract for 2022 for us to get everything back. While the homers probably think that he would get that easily, I am not so sure....so I understand waiting for him to pass his physical. I just really dont want to lose out on someone that could make our team better because of this blind hope that we would be able to trade him for a draft pick once he passes his physical.

Not to mention, I just want this drama to be over with. Time to move on.

He needs to be cut to continue to build relationships with players. Give him time to sign with someone. I don't care if he screwed the team by delaying the surgery, take the high road. Spend a week or two trying to trade him, and if nothing happens, let him go.

9moon hack your account?

Alex in 2012 was very, very good. Alex's 65.1 Total QBR was better than Jimmy has ever had in a full season, and not by a small amount.

In other words, 2012 Alex was better than anything Jimmy has done for us except the five games in 2017.

But yeah, overall—as in the total time as a 49er—Jimmy has been better.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Jun 7, 2022 at 4:12 PM ]

9moon hack your account?

Haha. I dont think its much of a hot take to say Jimmy has been markedly better as a 49er than Alex Smith was.

Pre 2011? Absolutely, Jimmy outperformed Alex.

Jimmy is/was the more natural thrower of the football than Alex no question. But his footwork and pocket mobility was way worse than Alex's IMO.

But you know as well as I do that Alex had a new offensive coordinator every single year. Jimmy had Kyle Shanahan... kinda unfair to compare with that fact alone.

I think Alex performed better in the playoffs, was traded for 2 second rounders (Jimmy released?), and his post 49ers career without question will be better than Jimmy's.

I'm not confident Jimmy will start a full season for the rest of his career, whether that's due to opportunity or injuries. I hope he does get a chance elsewhere so this debate can continue.

In the end... Jimmy is more of a gunslinger than Alex. Alex was a game manager. If Jimmy didn't tear his ACL I think I would agree with you that Jimmy is clearly superior. But at this moment I don't think he's proved that yet.

Jimmy is/was the more natural thrower of the football than Alex no question. But his footwork and pocket mobility was way worse than Alex's IMO.

But you know as well as I do that Alex had a new offensive coordinator every single year. Jimmy had Kyle Shanahan... kinda unfair to compare with that fact alone.

I think Alex performed better in the playoffs, was traded for 2 second rounders (Jimmy released?), and his post 49ers career without question will be better than Jimmy's.

I'm not confident Jimmy will start a full season for the rest of his career, whether that's due to opportunity or injuries. I hope he does get a chance elsewhere so this debate can continue.

In the end... Jimmy is more of a gunslinger than Alex. Alex was a game manager. If Jimmy didn't tear his ACL I think I would agree with you that Jimmy is clearly superior. But at this moment I don't think he's proved that yet.

Jimmy accomplished more in 2019 and 2021 alone than Alex did in 7 years as a 49er. I know there could be reasons for that, but reasons aside, Jimmy accomplished more. Personally, what Alex did as a Chief is irrelevant to me....as will what Jimmy does in his next stop. All that matters to me is what was accomplished here. And Alex overall was a massive disappointment, where as Jimmy was only a slight one. Just my 2 cents.

Jimmy accomplished more in 2019 and 2021 alone than Alex did in 7 years as a 49er. I know there could be reasons for that, but reasons aside, Jimmy accomplished more. Personally, what Alex did as a Chief is irrelevant to me....as will what Jimmy does in his next stop. All that matters to me is what was accomplished here. And Alex overall was a massive disappointment, where as Jimmy was only a slight one. Just my 2 cents.

We got Jimmy for a 2nd. I'd say he outperformed what we paid in draft capital, although perhaps not what we paid in money.
Share 49ersWebzone