There are 164 users in the forums

QB Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Oh ok. Guess ~130 yards no TDs and an interception is an acceptable stat line for the 5th highest paid QB in the league with ridiculous talent around him.

have you ever been in those elements much less play football in that climate?

Um... last week in a Dome, Jimmy had 170yards with 0 TDs and 1INT.

Did we win that game?

Dak Prescott is sitting at home. Same with Aaron Rodgers. We are still playing.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Oh ok. Guess ~130 yards no TDs and an interception is an acceptable stat line for the 5th highest paid QB in the league with ridiculous talent around him.

Did we win that game?

So is Josh Allen? Maybe we just have a better overall team. Reason y jimmy doesn't wanna leave is he knows damn well this roster is full of straight up bad ass dudes and he knows no other team is gonna be able to support his poor play and decisions.
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:

Did we win that game?

So is Josh Allen? Maybe we just have a better overall team. Reason y jimmy doesn't wanna leave is he knows damn well this roster is full of straight up bad ass dudes and he knows no other team is gonna be able to support his poor play and decisions.

Record with Jimmy G.

Record without Jimmy G.

Proves you wrong.
Originally posted by random49er:
Smh....Don't know whether to laugh or to cry for some of you... I'm split.

It's really gotten that bad, huh? You don't even recognize what legit/consistent throws look like anymore, do you?

Did you just watch the Bills/KC game? That's what we're up against the next 10+ years and I'm more sure of what I said now than I was then after watching them duel.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Did you ever see Calvin Johnson (i.e., Megatron) on Sports Science?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5lNMFhlPWk

He has a catch radius of 4009 cubic feet (a 2 car garage)

But Kittle needs it perfectly placed mid chest...hahahaha

No....doesn't have to be perfect,...and cool Megatron story bro,...but what does catch radius have to do with running one way FULL SPEED and needing to reach up & back in an odd position?

Again,...this is a timing/precision route. When the pass catcher turns around, he doesn't need the pass up high behind his trailing shoulder pad.

Here are 2 similar throws by LEGIT QBs that led to KC and the Bills going to overtime:

Lean forward/reach forward.

Look @ that. Dropped right in the bucket. Could've been more forward for arm extension,...that's fine. But if he turns and the ball is up by his shoulder pad,....you see it as accurate because you're home watching and probably never played @ a high level! Kelce could catch it, but it's a much more difficult catch!

Then Josh Allen...

Led him to the football with open space. Not right on him up high and a little behind,... he was able to position his hands and make the easy snag. Running one way and reaching backward instead of forward for a catch isin't as easy as it looks.

Your momentum's carrying you forward,...your hands and arms naturally want to continue forward. That's why we're required to wear seatbelts but don't really understand it or respect it until we're in the hospital.

Like I said, I kinda understand, though. We've had a great team 2 out of the last 3 yrs but for the most part, the throws we've seen with wide open guys can be downright painful. If it's around the pass catcher you're happy and satisfied.

But ball placement on timing routes matters. Sorry I can't turn into a sheep and follow the herd. Told you the same a couple yrs ago.

Not good enough.

Your whole point of obsessing on a meaningless drop all day after a massive road playoff win during an epic NFCC run is to try to prove it show Jimmy is not a "LEGIT QB"?

Wow, lol

Did we win that game?

Record with Jimmy G.

Record without Jimmy G.

Proves you wrong.

Yup cuz mullens and beathard are lighting it up rn. Real quality starters.

Did we win that game?

Record with Jimmy G.

Record without Jimmy G.

Proves you wrong.

Look at the record with Jimmy G starting. Look at it without him. I will clue you in. It's a drastic difference.

Did we win that game?

Record with Jimmy G.

Record without Jimmy G.

Proves you wrong.

Look at the record with Jimmy G starting. Look at it without him. I will clue you in. It's a drastic difference.

I will clue you in even further. Mullens and beathard will never win another game in their careers. I wonder what other teams records are with their 3rd sting qbs 🤔
[ Edited by RidetheHyde on Jan 23, 2022 at 10:14 PM ]
You guys with the anti-Garoppolo complex need to just chill TF out. He's starting the rest of the games for the year, if you hate that so much, you just turn off the TV when the game is on. I swear, if some of you guys had been around in Joe Montana's time you'd have been trying to run him out of town too. At most, two more games is all your delicate little feels have to endure. Might as well try to enjoy it instead of being miserable about how your team wins, cause the facts are what they are. I guess some folks are only happy when they have something to b***h about.

Did we win that game?

Record with Jimmy G.

Record without Jimmy G.

Proves you wrong.

I will clue you in even further. Mullens and beathard will never win another game in their careers. I wonder what other teams records are with their 3rd sting qbs 🤔

They didn't even start on this team. I have no idea how they are in this argument. Makes no sense.
What was that stat Nick Wrong brought up on First Things First last week? Something like Jimmy G has a 19.4 passer rating in the 4th quarter of the playoffs or something like that?

Jimmy was 5 for 6 for 55 yards in the 4th quarter last night. That's about a 104 passer rating on its own. That's gotta shoot that cherry-picked stat way up.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Jan 23, 2022 at 10:37 PM ]

Did we win that game?

Record with Jimmy G.

Record without Jimmy G.

Proves you wrong.

They didn't even start on this team. I have no idea how they are in this argument. Makes no sense.

They are the entirety of your argument lmfao. Obviously our record without jimmy is bad considering the guys who had to play can barley make a nfl roster lmfao.
Lol the guys saying Jimmy needs to play better are the "sensitive" ones…yea ooook 😂😂
Lol the guys saying Jimmy needs to play better are the "sensitive" ones…yea ooook 😂😂

For real. Never seen such cry babies

Did we win that game?

Record with Jimmy G.

Record without Jimmy G.

Proves you wrong.

They are the entirety of your argument lmfao. Obviously our record without jimmy is bad considering the guys who had to play can barley make a nfl roster lmfao.

Those players are long gone. They have no relevance to this team. Jimmy G wins. Like it or not.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
What was that stat Chris Wrong brought up on Speak For Yourself last week? Something like Jimmy G has a 19.4 passer rating in the 4th quarter of the playoffs or something like that?

Jimmy was 5 for 6 for 55 yards in the 4th quarter last night. That's about a 104 passer rating on its own. That's gotta shoot that cherry-picked stat way up.

It's up to 38.62. Still the worst over the last 30 years, but definitely an improvement. Though his overall playoff QB rating dropped to 70.3.
Share 49ersWebzone