There are 217 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
oh man..... how did you miss the tangent rant random went on? instead of the INT being criticized, it was that f**king Kittle drop of all things. absolutely ludicrous, man. lol.

It was funny. Annoying, but funny.
Jimmy haters mad that we are in the nfc championship.

Thw bashing seriously needs to stop. We get it. He's not Allen or mahommes. But he's a damn fighter.

Why can't everyone acknowledge

1. Jimmy is a great leader and is loved by his teammates. He's a presence that helps the entire team with their poise and resiliency.
2. He isnt the most talented qb.
3. He doesn't play great consistently, but plays great when he needs to and is able to produce when the game is on the line
4. His injury is likely hampering him and has not been playing great during the playoffs
5. The offensive line has not helped him.
6. He has made multiple mental errors that scare everyone.
7. He is part of the reason the team is in the championship game, along with the other 51 teammates.
8. He was more clutch than Rodgers in the cold, with an injury, with a right tackle who was constantly getting smashed.
Jimbo..u bess get your sexy beauty rest and play some good ball:).
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Let's talk... Anser my question above please.

What am I complaining about? I agreed with a statement that Jimmy has objectively played bad in the playoffs because he has.

Now this is deflecting. I specifically asked you a question.

Do not deflect please. Answer the questions please.

Rodgers had a chance with 4:00 left to win his team the game...

True or false?

Jimmy had a chance with 3:20 left to win his team the game...

True of false?

Who succeeded and who failed?

Good point. After all that happened in the game, mistakes and all, it came down to the questions you posed. One QB came through and one didn't. Gould and Deebo were clutch AF as well. Anyone that has trouble recognizing as much should not be taken seriously when discussing Jimmy.

This isn't to say Jimmy was perfect all game. He had some bad throws (INT and two close calls) but he also had some good throws early on that were dropped. One that would have gone for a touchdown.

Lets not forget some critical flags that negated some good drives. If not for the holding call on TW, the INT most likely doesn't happen. And most certainly, punch it in for a TD. Also, the face mask on Mitchell (don't blame him, ticky-tacky) negated another possible TD.

Point being, there were mistakes all around by both teams, in a tough weather environment.

And after all that, it came down to the questions you pose.
Originally posted by eastie:
NY and African, is there something stopping you from starting the JG hater club thread? Go for it, then you can sit around in your circle jerk group and admire everybody's irrational hate for some guy you've never met who's doing a job you're incapable of performing. Should be fun.

What's funny is, that is what you think will happen. But, imo, that wouldn't be the case.

Now if all the folks who were critical left this thread... now that... that would be a circle jerk. Which I have zero problem with, if I don't have to come across it when I want to discuss our Starting QB and our situation in the playoffs.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 24, 2022 at 2:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by thl408:
nah

Folks yall want to see a real hater, here you go!

Thl, do you get a tickle or *something* else out of the craziness in this thread?

This thread moves so fast because it's the same thing over and over. No legit discussions.

It's sad because I'm going to have to block a bunch of people in here then. No more losing brain cells.

AND THAT IS YOUR PUNISHMENT Thl... I get to block people... where as you can't! You're forced to continue to read the craziness.

The alternative is you could drop your ego and pride, and just root for the team, Jimmy included.

You're talking out of your ass.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Jimmy haters mad that we are in the nfc championship.

Thw bashing seriously needs to stop. We get it. He's not Allen or mahommes. But he's a damn fighter.

Why can't everyone acknowledge

1. Jimmy is a great leader and is loved by his teammates. He's a presence that helps the entire team with their poise and resiliency.
2. He isnt the most talented qb.
3. He doesn't play great consistently, but plays great when he needs to and is able to produce when the game is on the line
4. His injury is likely hampering him and has not been playing great during the playoffs
5. The offensive line has not helped him.
6. He has made multiple mental errors that scare everyone.
7. He is part of the reason the team is in the championship game, along with the other 51 teammates.
8. He was more clutch than Rodgers in the cold, with an injury, with a right tackle who was constantly getting smashed.

No 49er fan is mad that we are in the NFCCG. NOT ONE!
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 24, 2022 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Tim K. sums Jimmy up pretty well here. Jimmy is a limited, but tough QB that fits in well with Kyle's current offense and the culture of the team.

Of course there are people arguing in the replies that he can make every throw that Allen and Mahomes can.

No, NY will tell you that you can plug in any more talented qb and he will automatically be more successful.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Jan 24, 2022 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
There's a difference between being critical (i.e. talking about how Jimmy is not able to make off-schedule throws and it led to a horrendous pick) versus straight up hate (i.e. trying to put blame on Jimmy for Kittle dropping a pass that hit him right between the numbers)

Who's blaming Jimmy for the Kittle drop? I mean that's dumb if so.

oh man..... how did you miss the tangent rant random went on? instead of the INT being criticized, it was that f**king Kittle drop of all things. absolutely ludicrous, man. lol.

Again… you can't say Jimmy caused Kittle to drop the pass with his ball placement.

There is a correlation though between drops and ball placement.

Putting blame on Jimmy for that pass is reaching.

Signed,

Perceived Jimmy "Hater"
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I love the new IDGAF Jimmy....

Throw it well, catch it well, defend well...we win. My deep thought analysis
Originally posted by jcs:
I love the new IDGAF Jimmy....

That's right, winning trumps all.
Lol they used to dislike him due to air yards for months and once he started doing ok at that they found another reason.

If a running back had a fumbling issue which he corrected, would you still harp on the fumbling issue?
  • dj43
Originally posted by eastie:
NY and African, is there something stopping you from starting the JG hater club thread? Go for it, then you can sit around in your circle jerk group and admire everybody's irrational hate for some guy you've never met who's doing a job you're incapable of performing. Should be fun.

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by Franchise408:
I'm not saying Jimmy is so awful and have never stated that once....I'm saying SF wins games despite their QB play more than the QB just balling out and winning if for the team (I'm not saying Jimmy has never won it for SF either) Like great QBs do.

I'm sorry I'm not gonna compare a 21 yr old QB that will be starting his first season as a NFL QB and hasn't played but a handful of snaps since 2019 to a 8 yr vet that's been with this team for 4 years. Holding the same standards, without context is ignorant IMO.

Also like I said next yr is next yr, we deal with a rash of injuries and can't resign upgrade the way they need to...then it's not the same team as this yr. You're comparing two situations that haven't even happened yet.

Lies.

You exposed yourself in the GameDay thread. I believe your post was "Kyle has been polishing a turd for 4 years"

You thought that would just have been missed?

You gotta take things said in the Gameday Thread with a grain of salt. Hot takes upon hot takes. I still think they're dumb, but so many people say regrettable things in the heat of the moment, especially with how anemic our offense was for the majority of the game.

I'm pretty sure it's been said outside of game day thread and most of the off-season lol
Share 49ersWebzone