There are 69 users in the forums

QB Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guess Patrick Willis is jealous of Jimmy and his amazing jaw line. Why else would he be critical of Jimmy's play?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Jimmy has played like shiiiit the last 3 games.. we're due for a good Jimmy game. I'd still rather see Lance

Everybody wants to see Trey - just going to have to wait until next year. Unless, Jimmy's arm falls off or something.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 23, 2022 at 9:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by dioworld:
Why does another QB playing s**tty excuse our QB for looking like ass?

Packers fans are s**tting hard on Rodgers right now and rightfully so.

Are we supposed to be like, whelp A Aron played terrible so it's ok Jimmy, you get a pass…???

Jimmy played like s**t yesterday. Aaron played like s**t yesterday. Difference is one plays for the niners, the other doesn't, and I'm a niners fan so why would I be criticizing Rodgers?

Most quarterback will play like shxt in this type of wheather,

Oh ok. Guess ~130 yards no TDs and an interception is an acceptable stat line for the 5th highest paid QB in the league with ridiculous talent around him.

When it's 5 degrees out and you lead the winning drive that Rodgers couldn't? Acceptable.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
LOL

Are we supposed to be like, whelp A Aron played terrible so it's ok Jimmy, you get a pass…???

Jimmy played like s**t yesterday. Aaron played like s**t yesterday. Difference is one plays for the niners, the other doesn't, and I'm a niners fan so why would I be criticizing Rodgers?

Well its one thing to criticize a QB for bad play in bad weather if one QB completely outperforms the other. See the Colts game. Its another thing to criticize a QB when both QB's play in bad weather and neither performs well. In this case we can conclude that weather really did have an affect in the performance of both QB's.

It was also not just the QB's that had a tough time in this game but also the receivers (dropped passes) and the running backs (footing). It trully was a game won in the trenches. Just so happens that not only did our defensive line dominate, as did the packers d line, but also our trenches on special teams.

I cannot wait for the all 22 breakdowns to come out so we can see how much the field had an affect on route running.

The decision making is what got me. I can care less about the off target throws. The INT, and the 2 floaters to the flat were inexcusable. Very fortunate GB's defenders were not paying attention other wise those were pick 6's and everyone is singing a different tune. The weather had no impact on those decisions. You can't make those mistakes again.

I'll give you the int. in the redzone. It was a poor decision. However, are you absolutely sure that the near int's outside were poor decisions? I think Jimmy was throwing them before the receivers made their cuts and because of poor field conditions they couldn't get the separation that they're used to getting.
Also I blame Shanahan a little. Sometimes you just need to get the ball into the hands of your play makers in open space. Those screen passes worked the couple times that we ran them.
Also I blame Shanahan a little. Sometimes you just need to get the ball into the hands of your play makers in open space. Those screen passes worked the couple times that we ran them.
Yea Kyle totally didn't get the ball into his play makers hands as evidenced by Deebo literally putting the whole offense on his back as our returner, receiver, and running back.
The decision making is what got me. I can care less about the off target throws. The INT, and the 2 floaters to the flat were inexcusable. Very fortunate GB's defenders were not paying attention other wise those were pick 6's and everyone is singing a different tune. The weather had no impact on those decisions. You can't make those mistakes again.

There wasnt much time in the pocket (if one even developed on most plays) and it appears that Jimmy believes he can shoot it out quick enough that the defender wont have time to "pay attention". What happened in other games isnt the point. It was brutal conditions, and we got a W. Dont get it twisted that I think he is the best QB in the league, but to say he tried to give the game away, etc etc is just ludicrous.
Yea Kyle totally didn't get the ball into his play makers hands as evidenced by Deebo literally putting the whole offense on his back as our returner, receiver, and running back.

I am guessing this is a bit of sarcasm. I am a big Shanahan fan. However, we have other play makers besides Deebo. Kittle has proven to be a big play maker with the ball in his hands as well. All I am saying is that he could have called a few more easy completions to help the offense out is all.
Originally posted by ubaisore:

There wasnt much time in the pocket (if one even developed on most plays) and it appears that Jimmy believes he can shoot it out quick enough that the defender wont have time to "pay attention". What happened in other games isnt the point. It was brutal conditions, and we got a W. Dont get it twisted that I think he is the best QB in the league, but to say he tried to give the game away, etc etc is just ludicrous.

Forget the INT... those late passes to the flat were all potential pick sixes if the defender played the ball... there was like 3 of them in the second half.

So obviously Jimmy didn't purposely try to give the game away... but his play almost did.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
imagine hating jimmy that much

Yeah it's ridiculous. Those throws were right on target.

Joe Buck called them both "dimes..." but then what does he know.

• dj43

Oh ok. Guess ~130 yards no TDs and an interception is an acceptable stat line for the 5th highest paid QB in the league with ridiculous talent around him.
Actually, he is the 14th highest-paid QB APY, not that it matters.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame

have you ever been in similar extreme elements much less play football in it?
[ Edited by boast on Jan 23, 2022 at 9:59 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:

have you ever been in those elements much less play football in that climate?

Um... last week in a Dome, Jimmy had 170yards with 0 TDs and 1INT.
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

The W is. Not your fantasy football numbers.

He has a long list of ty notes to write for that W

Ypu gave up and called the game a loss in the 4th quarter.

You have taken Ls here foe three straight weeks and are salty about it.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Forget the INT... those late passes to the flat were all potential pick sixes if the defender played the ball... there was like 3 of them in the second half.

So obviously Jimmy didn't purposely try to give the game away... but his play almost did.

Literally entire world was mouthing "wtf" as those balls were in the air
Share 49ersWebzone