There are 138 users in the forums

QB Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
imagine hating jimmy that much

These guys must hate that their wives and gfs find him more attractive than them. What a joke
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

These guys must hate that their wives and gfs find him more attractive than them. What a joke
Can't believe it's adults that come up with insults like this. We still in middle school or something?
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Why does another QB playing s**tty excuse our QB for looking like ass?

Packers fans are s**tting hard on Rodgers right now and rightfully so.

Are we supposed to be like, whelp A Aron played terrible so it's ok Jimmy, you get a pass…???

Jimmy played like s**t yesterday. Aaron played like s**t yesterday. Difference is one plays for the niners, the other doesn't, and I'm a niners fan so why would I be criticizing Rodgers?

Most quarterback will play like shxt in this type of wheather,

Can't believe it's adults that come up with insults like this. We still in middle school or something?

Well, there's gotta be some reason for such hate against the guy.

Like, this isn't being critical of Jimmy G. They're going out of their way to find bad plays by Jimmy when it's not even that hard to find bad plays from him. There's gotta be some reason they're so fascinated with him that they've got to nitpick the stupidest sh*t I've ever seen and then blame Jimmy for it.

Perfect pass right on the numbers, in stride, and Kittle drops it. But it's Jimmy's fault? Gtfoh.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by random49er:
Smh....Don't know whether to laugh or to cry for some of you... I'm split.

It's really gotten that bad, huh? You don't even recognize what legit/consistent throws look like anymore, do you?

Did you just watch the Bills/KC game? That's what we're up against the next 10+ years and I'm more sure of what I said now than I was then after watching them duel.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Did you ever see Calvin Johnson (i.e., Megatron) on Sports Science?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5lNMFhlPWk

He has a catch radius of 4009 cubic feet (a 2 car garage)

But Kittle needs it perfectly placed mid chest...hahahaha

No....doesn't have to be perfect,...and cool Megatron story bro,...but what does catch radius have to do with running one way FULL SPEED and needing to reach up & back in an odd position?

Again,...this is a timing/precision route. When the pass catcher turns around, he doesn't need the pass up high behind his trailing shoulder pad.

Here are 2 similar throws by LEGIT QBs that led to KC and the Bills going to overtime:

Lean forward/reach forward.

Look @ that. Dropped right in the bucket. Could've been more forward for arm extension,...that's fine. But if he turns and the ball is up by his shoulder pad,....you see it as accurate because you're home watching and probably never played @ a high level! Kelce could catch it, but it's a much more difficult catch!

Then Josh Allen...

Led him to the football with open space. Not right on him up high and a little behind,... he was able to position his hands and make the easy snag. Running one way and reaching backward instead of forward for a catch isin't as easy as it looks.

Your momentum's carrying you forward,...your hands and arms naturally want to continue forward. That's why we're required to wear seatbelts but don't really understand it or respect it until we're in the hospital.

Like I said, I kinda understand, though. We've had a great team 2 out of the last 3 yrs but for the most part, the throws we've seen with wide open guys can be downright painful. If it's around the pass catcher you're happy and satisfied.

But ball placement on timing routes matters. Sorry I can't turn into a sheep and follow the herd. Told you the same a couple yrs ago.

Not good enough.

Dude it was 0 degrees out with wind?

Are you serious? And I want Jimmy gone yesterday and have been outspoken in criticizing him.

This is a bad take.

It was catchable but it was a typical Jimmy special. Thrown late and behind. At least it wasn't three feet over his head.

Yeah kittle should have caught it.

A majority of Jimmy's passes are like this though. He tends to throw behind and late.

He can miss anywhere from the right number to arms length in front of him and it's an ideal pass.

Jimmy rarely throws those though.

The post is spot on as far as assessment goes.

Yeah maybe you give him a pass because the weather was garbage and it was a catchable pass but Jimmy does throw late and behind or high a majority of his passes. Rarely does he just drop it in.
Originally posted by dioworld:

Are we supposed to be like, whelp A Aron played terrible so it's ok Jimmy, you get a pass…???

Jimmy played like s**t yesterday. Aaron played like s**t yesterday. Difference is one plays for the niners, the other doesn't, and I'm a niners fan so why would I be criticizing Rodgers?

Oh ok. Guess ~130 yards no TDs and an interception is an acceptable stat line for the 5th highest paid QB in the league with ridiculous talent around him.

Oh ok. Guess ~130 yards no TDs and an interception is an acceptable stat line for the 5th highest paid QB in the league with ridiculous talent around him.

The W is. Not your fantasy football numbers.

Getting worse with every game he plays.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

Well, there's gotta be some reason for such hate against the guy.

Like, this isn't being critical of Jimmy G. They're going out of their way to find bad plays by Jimmy when it's not even that hard to find bad plays from him. There's gotta be some reason they're so fascinated with him that they've got to nitpick the stupidest sh*t I've ever seen and then blame Jimmy for it.

Perfect pass right on the numbers, in stride, and Kittle drops it. But it's Jimmy's fault? Gtfoh.

I'm actually with you on that one. There's being critical of Jimmy and then there's nit picking. The drops yesterday were egregious and the post picking on the Kittle pass is absurd.

That said, Jimmy was trying his hardest to give the game away yesterday. Thank god our 31st ranked special teams played the 32nd ranked team.

He has a long list of ty notes to write for that W

Can't believe adults can hate someone on their team so much whose been winning. We jealous or something?

Ahhh the good old fantasy football argument. Have you watched any games outside of the niners? Do you think 130 yards is going to get it done against what mahomes just did?
LOL

Well its one thing to criticize a QB for bad play in bad weather if one QB completely outperforms the other. See the Colts game. Its another thing to criticize a QB when both QB's play in bad weather and neither performs well. In this case we can conclude that weather really did have an affect in the performance of both QB's.

It was also not just the QB's that had a tough time in this game but also the receivers (dropped passes) and the running backs (footing). It trully was a game won in the trenches. Just so happens that not only did our defensive line dominate, as did the packers d line, but also our trenches on special teams.

I cannot wait for the all 22 breakdowns to come out so we can see how much the field had an affect on route running.
Jimmy has played like shiiiit the last 3 games.. we're due for a good Jimmy game. I'd still rather see Lance
Originally posted by YACBros85:
LOL

Well its one thing to criticize a QB for bad play in bad weather if one QB completely outperforms the other. See the Colts game. Its another thing to criticize a QB when both QB's play in bad weather and neither performs well. In this case we can conclude that weather really did have an affect in the performance of both QB's.

It was also not just the QB's that had a tough time in this game but also the receivers (dropped passes) and the running backs (footing). It trully was a game won in the trenches. Just so happens that not only did our defensive line dominate, as did the packers d line, but also our trenches on special teams.

I cannot wait for the all 22 breakdowns to come out so we can see how much the field had an affect on route running.

The decision making is what got me. I can care less about the off target throws. The INT, and the 2 floaters to the flat were inexcusable. Very fortunate GB's defenders were not paying attention other wise those were pick 6's and everyone is singing a different tune. The weather had no impact on those decisions. You can't make those mistakes again.
Share 49ersWebzone