There are 163 users in the forums

QB Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Smh....Don't know whether to laugh or to cry for some of you... I'm split.

It's really gotten that bad, huh? You don't even recognize what legit/consistent throws look like anymore, do you?

Did you just watch the Bills/KC game? That's what we're up against the next 10+ years and I'm more sure of what I said now than I was then after watching them duel.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Did you ever see Calvin Johnson (i.e., Megatron) on Sports Science?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5lNMFhlPWk

He has a catch radius of 4009 cubic feet (a 2 car garage)

But Kittle needs it perfectly placed mid chest...hahahaha

No....doesn't have to be perfect,...and cool Megatron story bro,...but what does catch radius have to do with running one way FULL SPEED and needing to reach up & back in an odd position?

Again,...this is a timing/precision route. When the pass catcher turns around, he doesn't need the pass up high behind his trailing shoulder pad.

Here are 2 similar throws by LEGIT QBs that led to KC and the Bills going to overtime:

Lean forward/reach forward.

Look @ that. Dropped right in the bucket. Could've been more forward for arm extension,...that's fine. But if he turns and the ball is up by his shoulder pad,....you see it as accurate because you're home watching and probably never played @ a high level! Kelce could catch it, but it's a much more difficult catch!

Then Josh Allen...

Led him to the football with open space. Not right on him up high and a little behind,... he was able to position his hands and make the easy snag. Running one way and reaching backward instead of forward for a catch isin't as easy as it looks.

Your momentum's carrying you forward,...your hands and arms naturally want to continue forward. That's why we're required to wear seatbelts but don't really understand it or respect it until we're in the hospital.

Like I said, I kinda understand, though. We've had a great team 2 out of the last 3 yrs but for the most part, the throws we've seen with wide open guys can be downright painful. If it's around the pass catcher you're happy and satisfied.

But ball placement on timing routes matters. Sorry I can't turn into a sheep and follow the herd. Told you the same a couple yrs ago.

Not good enough.

First I thought this thread was a tragedy, but now I realize it's a comedy.

Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Smh....Don't know whether to laugh or to cry for many of you...

It's really gotten that bad, huh? You don't even recognize what legit/consistent throws look like anymore, do you?

Did you just watch the Bills/KC game? That's what we're up against the next 10+ years and I'm more sure of what I said now than I was then after watching them duel.

No....doesn't have to be perfect,...and cool Megatron story bro,...but what does catch radius have to do with running one way FULL SPEED and needing to reach up & back in an odd position?

Again,...this is a timing/precision route. When the pass catcher turns around, he doesn't need the pass up high behind his trailing shoulder pad.

Here are 2 similar throws by LEGIT QBs that led to KC and the Bills going to overtime:

Look @ that. Dropped right in the bucket. Could've been more forward for arm extension,...that's fine. But if he turns and the ball is up by his shoulder pad,....you see it as accurate because you're home watching and probably never played @ a high level! Kelce could catch it, but it's a much more difficult catch!

Then Josh Allen...

Led him to the football with open space. Not right on him up high,...was able to position his hands and make the easy snag.

I kinda understand, though. We've had a great team 2 out of the last 3 yrs but for the most part, the throws we've seen with wide open guys can be downright painful.

But ball placement on timing routes matter. Sorry I can't turn into a sheep and follow the herd. Told you the same a couple yrs ago.

But I can (obviously) pull current video that back up my point.
20 years of s**t qb play have fans here thinking jimmy is good. U can't change that with logic. Anyone watching other franchise qbs should understand the tiny differences that make a qb average or great.

Yeah I'm supposed to sit here and pretend like this pass couldn'tve been much better, I guess. Lol.

I know it's false so I aint doing it.

2 guys like the ones above show clearly where the pass needs to be. Kittle's a hands guy the this pass being a little off forced him to try to trap it against his shoulder area. I'm supposed to call that a good pass?
Curse, scream, yell, doesn't matter. Nothing like evidence. Present some to the contrary or let it go.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 23, 2022 at 8:27 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:
You expect your Pro Bowl level TE to make this catch but let's look @ this one a little closer:

Notice how the ball hits him as he's running full speed on the trailing shoulder pad. It's not @ least in the middle or towards the front. He reacted to the ball a little late handwise, and kinda had to curl them up in a fetal position to attempt a hand grab.

Move that pass to the center of his chest, the front shoulder pad, or in front of him as we'd want,....and it's a solid big play. One of the frustrating things about our QB play are too many plays like this. They add up.

Kittle comes back and makes a play he shouldn'tve made on his very next catch. So for him, it evens out. Our QB isin't good enough to do the same.

this post is so out of touch with reality. it's scary that this poster thinks he has legit take here.

Agreed. I've been extremely critical of Jimmy but this take us so far off base I'm like not sure if serious. Throw to Kittle and Jennings and Aiyuk were more than on target.

Terrible take here.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
LOL

Yeah Rodgers chokes in the playoffs against good defenses. Plain and simple

Then Josh Allen...

Led him to the football with open space. Not right on him up high and a little behind,... he was able to position his hands and make the easy snag. Running one way and reaching backward instead of forward for a catch isin't as easy as it looks.

Your momentum's carrying you forward,...your hands and arms naturally want to continue forward. That's why we're required to wear seatbelts but don't really understand it or respect it until we're in the hospital.

Like I said, I kinda understand, though. We've had a great team 2 out of the last 3 yrs but for the most part, the throws we've seen with wide open guys can be downright painful. If it's around the pass catcher you're happy and satisfied.

But ball placement on timing routes matters. Sorry I can't turn into a sheep and follow the herd. Told you the same a couple yrs ago.

Not good enough.

Dude it was 0 degrees out with wind?

Are you serious? And I want Jimmy gone yesterday and have been outspoken in criticizing him.

This is a bad take.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Yes, just to make it easier to live in their fantasy world where Jimmy is King!

We'll see how that fantasy world is next year when there is no Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, Kyle's running game... and more importantly... this defense that keeps giving him chances to make up for his inconsistent to bad play.

Has nothing to do with living in a fantasy world. Got no problem with people who aren't jimmy fans, he drives me crazy and I'm a Jimmy fan. I have a problem with people that can't get through 1 sentence without condescending to others. Hence the ignore comment
that said jimmy is going to do what Jimmy does wherever he goes next year ….win

Speaking of ignore, I just came back in here after 4 hours and I see random still going. LOL.

There is going to be a deep, dark, empty space for some when Jimmy leaves.

I'm betting they will figure out a way to take it out on Trey.

NCommand and Giedi chillin together.

imagine hating jimmy that much
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Then Josh Allen...

Not good enough.

Dude it was 0 degrees out with wind?

Are you serious? And I want Jimmy gone yesterday and have been outspoken in criticizing him.

This is a bad take.

He's just comparing a well placed ball vs a not perfect through. Ball placement is even more important in bad weather where it's harder to catch.

Yeah it's ridiculous. Those throws were right on target.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah, I counted four drops - that were right on the money.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 23, 2022 at 8:38 PM ]
LOL

Why does another QB playing s**tty excuse our QB for looking like ass?

Packers fans are s**tting hard on Rodgers right now and rightfully so.

Are we supposed to be like, whelp A Aron played terrible so it's ok Jimmy, you get a pass…???

Jimmy played like s**t yesterday. Aaron played like s**t yesterday. Difference is one plays for the niners, the other doesn't, and I'm a niners fan so why would I be criticizing Rodgers?
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
He's just comparing a well placed ball vs a not perfect through. Ball placement is even more important in bad weather where it's harder to catch.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Then Josh Allen...

Not good enough.

Dude needs to stop already.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah, I counted four drops - that were right on the money.

Agree.
Share 49ersWebzone