Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Here's the footage I was looking for yesterday after Jimmy's pick. I didn't get to see it live so for anyone that didn't see it.

Seems clear KS is saying you can't do that right there. You can see JG says yeah I know and nods in agreement he knows he effed up on that one. It's called taking ownership. Good job by both. Coaches have to hold players accountable and players have to be honest and admit when the effed up and learn from it.
Kyle said the play was supposed to go to the check down, not to where he threw it to. Confirmed by Jimmy also

the play wasn't designed to, it's just where jimmy should've gone after taking what the defense gave him. he was too aggressive. tried to force it a bit
Kyle and jimmy confirmed he went away from the designed check down.. it shouldn't have been thrown there no matter what.. but he did anyways and got chewed out

the check-down was not the primary read on the play. i listened to both conferences.

once again, instead of taking what the defense gave him, Jimmy tried to be aggressive. "aggressive" being his word.
From Jimmy:
"Just like normal, he always approaches me face-to-face with it," Garoppolo said of the conversation. "Just really, I had to get to my check down. It wasn't what we were looking for and I tried to be aggressive on it. But yeah, just can't do that. It wasn't a good decision"

going else where wasn't what he was supposed to do on that play.. he was supposed to go to the check down

Jimmy throws INTs a lot in the past.. never gotten chewed out like this before.. well because he went away from the design

he wasn't supposed to go where he went on the play because those options were NOT open. not because the check down was the primary option.

are we really having this conversation right now? lol

"I had to get to my check down" because his #1 and #2 reads weren't open. duh.

instead he was aggressive, tried to force it, and it cost him.
i would believe it if Kyle didn't get upset, like after all of other Jimmy's aggressive INTs. but this one was different due to not following the plan.

also Kyle wouldn't need to reassure Jimmy to keep being aggressive after chewing him out for being aggressive

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
that's my quarterback 😭

I expect trey to throw a pick like that, not an 8 year vet. To Jimmy's credit he played well after that
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I expect trey to throw a pick like that, not an 8 year vet. To Jimmy's credit he played well after that

He does that a lot, though. He's got to cut it out.
Originally posted by mayo49:

In fairness, he has cut down on that this year so far.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

His intercept rate is pretty low this year. Much lower than 2019. Things like intercepts and fumbles drop as the player gets experience and develops.

Come Trey time we will be going threw all of this again and all you guys will start hating on Trey like you do on Jimmy. I give it half a season of him being the starter.

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

By a hell of a lot. Same with fumbles. He is still a developing player.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Franchise408:
My statement had everything to do with people like you who are unable to accept any criticism of Jimmy as something other than hate. He said it was one of the best throws in the NFL from this weekend, when the best I would be willing to say was "it wasnt a bad throw."

But enough posting about me, thanks. Post about Jimmy or the 49ers.

Those people don't exist.

Dude calls out a pass that's an inch over the defenders head to nitpick about to a WR that isn't 5'9". Agenda much?

At least go after the INT or 3 or 4 high passes.

Dude this isn't what happened. Jesus Christ.

Whatever you need to obsess over for the week.

Replying to someone who called an inaccurate incompletion "one of the best throws in the NFL this week" is obsessing now NC? You are better than this.

Don't act innocent. You do this routinely. You do it in various threads trying to low key incite. It does work though. You REALLY needed to talk about that one pass.

If that is your interpretation, then fine. That is and never has been my intention.

I have mentioned a bunch of times that Jimmy had an overall good game on Sunday. Didnt see you reply to any of those comments. But for some reason, when there is an actual discussion about a play or plays, its "obsessing." Such a weird thing to say about someone on a message board. Like I said, you are better than this.

I'll take it back when you obsess one time on a pass you consider great...you know...in the spirit of objectivity.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
that's my quarterback 😭

I was very surprised how much pressure they got on our OL in PP given all their DL injuries.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by thl408:
We saw both sides of Jimmy vs MIN. 1st quarter he was missing with his throws then threw an INT. Then he settled down and played like how he's been playing the past 3 to 4 weeks - accurate, decisive, took care of the ball. That's Jimmy in a nutshell.

He's a damn good QB. I'm hoping 2 first rounders for him next year if he wins the super bowl.

P.S. if you put Jimmy's mind in Trey's body, man o man, I'm thinking a 49er dynasty if that were to happen.

LOL, I'm sorry but you're dreaming if you think we'll even get one 1st rounder for him. Outside of the Faithful, Jimmy simply isn't viewed as a desirable QB. Was watching First Take this morning and at one point while talking about what's wrong with the Rams, Stephen A made a comment about how they have fallen so far, they lost 31-10 to JIMMY GAROPPOLO. Later in the segment they were debating whether Big Ben should retire, and as they brought up options to replace him, ie free agency, trades and the draft, Jimmy's name wasn't even brought up. Honestly, if the roles were switched and he was playing for another team that was actively looking to trade him, and we were still looking for a QB, how many here would be pounding the table to get him here? I haven't even heard a whisper of a rumor that any team would want him other than NE before they drafted McCorkle. Every team that is looking for a FQB is either looking towards the draft, weighing pros and cons of Watson, or entertaining pipe dreams of Wilson or Rodgers.

Hey, never say never. I didn't think Breida was worth a 5th rounder, but guess what. Somebody paid the 49ers what *they* thought Breida's value is, not what the 49er fans thought his value was. Nobody saw the Hershel Walker deal going down, but it did. So you just never know. I'm an optimist. I think Jimmy can fetch more draft value capital than what most folks here think. Alex Smith was worth two second round picks. I don't remember him ever getting his team to a super bowl.

I seriously hope it happens, just doubt it. Unless Jimmy slept with Kyle's wife, why would the rest of the league value him so much higher than the 49ers? We literally traded two 1st rounders to get rid of him, man.

Those first rounders used for Trey don't hurt as much when you get a 6th round gem like Mitchell. Jimmy ( think) is a very good QB, and the difference between Jimmy being a Very good QB and a potentially *great* QB that wears the yellow jacket is health. NY85 points out Jimmy's mechanics limiting him. I think he does get a bit lazy in his mechanics, but it's not a deal breaker and - again - keep in mind, as much as he's a 30 year old QB, he's effectively been playing only 2.5+ years because he's not been healthy. So I don't really look at him as a 30 year old vet, but more of a 25 year old in terms of experience. From a mental point of view, I can see him getting better, but from a physical talent point of view, his injuries really has robbed him of some of his prime physically productive years.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
We saw both sides of Jimmy vs MIN. 1st quarter he was missing with his throws then threw an INT. Then he settled down and played like how he's been playing the past 3 to 4 weeks - accurate, decisive, took care of the ball. That's Jimmy in a nutshell.

He's a damn good QB. I'm hoping 2 first rounders for him next year if he wins the super bowl.

P.S. if you put Jimmy's mind in Trey's body, man o man, I'm thinking a 49er dynasty if that were to happen.

LOL, I'm sorry but you're dreaming if you think we'll even get one 1st rounder for him. Outside of the Faithful, Jimmy simply isn't viewed as a desirable QB. Was watching First Take this morning and at one point while talking about what's wrong with the Rams, Stephen A made a comment about how they have fallen so far, they lost 31-10 to JIMMY GAROPPOLO. Later in the segment they were debating whether Big Ben should retire, and as they brought up options to replace him, ie free agency, trades and the draft, Jimmy's name wasn't even brought up. Honestly, if the roles were switched and he was playing for another team that was actively looking to trade him, and we were still looking for a QB, how many here would be pounding the table to get him here? I haven't even heard a whisper of a rumor that any team would want him other than NE before they drafted McCorkle. Every team that is looking for a FQB is either looking towards the draft, weighing pros and cons of Watson, or entertaining pipe dreams of Wilson or Rodgers.

Hey, never say never. I didn't think Breida was worth a 5th rounder, but guess what. Somebody paid the 49ers what *they* thought Breida's value is, not what the 49er fans thought his value was. Nobody saw the Hershel Walker deal going down, but it did. So you just never know. I'm an optimist. I think Jimmy can fetch more draft value capital than what most folks here think. Alex Smith was worth two second round picks. I don't remember him ever getting his team to a super bowl.

I seriously hope it happens, just doubt it. Unless Jimmy slept with Kyle's wife, why would the rest of the league value him so much higher than the 49ers? We literally traded two 1st rounders to get rid of him, man.

Those first rounders used for Trey don't hurt as much when you get a 6th round gem like Mitchell. Jimmy ( think) is a very good QB, and the difference between Jimmy being a Very good QB and a potentially *great* QB that wears the yellow jacket is health. NY85 points out Jimmy's mechanics limiting him. I think he does get a bit lazy in his mechanics, but it's not a deal breaker and - again - keep in mind, as much as he's a 30 year old QB, he's effectively been playing only 2.5+ years because he's not been healthy. So I don't really look at him as a 30 year old vet, but more of a 25 year old in terms of experience. From a mental point of view, I can see him getting better, but from a physical talent point of view, his injuries really has robbed him of some of his prime physically productive years.

• Goatie
  • Veteran

Good and fair analysis, Giedi.

Picks like this happen often. Look at cousins, he did the same thing. Lamar, same thing. Brady... UnFaithful favorite Stafford. A good chunk of interceptions are mistakes and misreads made by the QB. Here's the guy you guys slobbered all over for months straight.

Fans live in a bubble. Here's just a random video that popped up of Brady all time vs Colts.

As I said... Interceptions are more often than not mistakes, terrible throws, or misreads. This isn't groundbreaking. Was Jimmy's throw garbage? Yes. Are most interceptions garbage decisions or throws? Yes.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Nov 30, 2021 at 5:23 AM ]

Lol
Share 49ersWebzone