Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
i think people are forgetting JG has a no trade clause and zero reason to agree reworking his contract to do so.

and no, the Niners aren't cutting him either.

JG would welcome a trade If he thought he wasn't wanted here, especially knowing he could be benched at some point.

lol. every player knows they can be benched at some point.

Your missing the point lol and "JG" Isn't any player, he's the QB.

it's "you're" btw

what point did you attempt to make? "lol"

and JG has already been benched for underperforming before so...

How has he already been benched? We haven't played a single game yet lol

Just to be clear though, he knows his time his up, so why would he refuse a trade If the Niners we're to receive an offer?

he was benched last season.

if JG leads the team to a Super Bowl win, it's not guaranteed he's a goner. we've already heard the team is prepared for the possibility keeping him another year after this one.

im still waiting for your point?

He was Injured last year, not the same as being benched.

I already made my point multiple times, sorry you missed It.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

if you made your point, it would be easy to relay again. what was your point?

Ok... you mentioned Jimmy has a "no trade clause" In his contract, meaning he could refuse to be traded, correct?. My point was, why would be refuse If someone made a trade offer for him?

Ok... you mentioned Jimmy has a "no trade clause" In his contract, meaning he could refuse to be traded, correct?. My point was, why would be refuse If someone made a trade offer for him?

At this point I doubt he does. But unless the offer is good, I doubt we want to trade him.
I still believe in the boy
So much wasted energy

Just like when the fanbase was ready to boycott the team because Mac Jones was for sure going to be the pick at 3
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
So much wasted energy

Just like when the fanbase was ready to boycott the team because Mac Jones was for sure going to be the pick at 3

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

JG has the right to compete and he is standing up for the challenge. Whether he or Trey comes out on top will improve the team. Who will be the winner is nothing but speculation. Good luck to both guys

Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
We had a 10 point lead. Jimmy 100% could've and should've won us that game and he flat out failed but the defense deserves just as much criticism. Nobody stepped up. Nobody.

Treys here to fix this though
There is the point that Jimmy was concussed-as PasoDoc has observed.
Trey wasn't brought on because Jimmy didn't bring in a win at the SB, but because he had missed so many games.
JG is a winner who has a record of finishing games competively.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Aug 3, 2021 at 6:34 AM ]
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
The point of getting rid of Jimmy is to save money and get draft capital. The Colts would be stupid to bring another inconsistent, injury prone and expensive QB and send draft capital for it. They can't really think they'll consistently compete with Mahomes, Allen, Herbert with guys who are damaged goods.
They are on a situation where their roster is too good to suck enough for a top pick to get a QB, unless everybody gets hurt like the 2020 49ers. Instead of trading for Buckner perhaps should've traded up for Herbert. Anyways, the Colts have been screwed for a while at the position, well deserved on how they wasted the career of one of this generations greatest talents.

Exactly. they not trading for Jimmy
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

JG has the right to compete and he is standing up for the challenge. Whether he or Trey comes out on top will improve the team. Who will be the winner is nothing but speculation. Good luck to both guys

Crazy he's even in this position. I thought u said that we won't be drafting a QB and Jimmy is the future. Oh well.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
So much wasted energy

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Crazy he's even in this position. I thought u said that we won't be drafting a QB and Jimmy is the future. Oh well.
If Green Bay did it, why should it surprise us here. Hell, Joe was on his way to being the GOAT and Walsh still brought in Steve to compete with him. Both of those moves made those respective QBs play even greater.

Competition is one hell of a motivator.
Share 49ersWebzone