LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
The Vikings obviously wouldn't trade for Jimmy G mainly for transitional purposes, but I bet he wins more games in MIN than Cousins.
Lol and I bet cousins makes that throw to sanders in the super bowl.

That's a stupid game to play.

edit: and "transitional purposes" isn't the main reason why 😂

Cousins would have gotten hit and/or the ball would have fluttered from the hit or from Cousins arm not being strong enough to take zero hitch and throw. The release makes a difference.
🤣🤣🤦🏽
If Cousins is making these throws why does he always lose to good teams?
Originally posted by OneNDone:

Cousins only makes easy throws. That's why he can't win more games.
The Vikings obviously wouldn't trade for Jimmy G mainly for transitional purposes, but I bet he wins more games in MIN than Cousins.

Very glad the Niners have Garoppolo instead of Cousins. Felt that way when the Niners acquired Garoppolo and feel even stronger about that right now.

Cousins would have gotten hit and/or the ball would have fluttered from the hit or from Cousins arm not being strong enough to take zero hitch and throw. The release makes a difference.
🤣🤣🤦🏽

Then you realize Cousins had the 3rd best completion percentage on deep balls in 2020 and ignore that anyway.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsinfosolutionsblog.com/2020/11/12/who-have-been-the-best-qbs-at-throwing-long-passes-in-2020/amp/

Jesus Christ the irony.

I'm just going to assume joecool is a super slick troll messing with oneNdone. Jimmy is the epitome of easy throws.

Jesus Christ the irony.

I'm just going to assume joecool is a super slick troll messing with oneNdone. Jimmy is the epitome of easy throws.
Jimmy makes them look easy
Cousins in 2017 went 7-9 with WAS. The very next year, Alex Smith went 6-4. I'll take Jimmy over Cousins any day.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 3, 2021 at 3:10 PM ]
One thing is for sure, Jimmy G is a better QB than Cousins. Where does Cousins rank.

My point is that if anything, Jimmy is in the 8 to 13 rank area. If he didn't get injured and had a similar 2020 year as he did 2019, he would definitely be top 10.
One thing is for sure, Jimmy G is a better QB than Cousins. Where does Cousins rank.

My point is that if anything, Jimmy is in the 8 to 13 rank area. If he didn't get injured and had a similar 2020 year as he did 2019, he would definitely be top 10.
And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Fact is he didn't stay healthy and when he was he looked nothing like 2019. Let's deal on facts, not what if's.

#FACTS
Cause Cousins has been so clutch hasn't he...
lol
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Jun 3, 2021 at 3:25 PM ]
A quick Google search says Cousins is 7-35 against teams that finished a season with a winning record.

Holy f**k...Stafford is 8-67.

That is a combined 15-102.

These are the QBs our brilliant fanbase holds in high regards.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cousins+record+vs+winning+teams&oq=cousins+record+vs+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i22i30l4.5399j0j4&client=ms-android-motorola-rev2&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/matthew-stafford-record-against-winning-teams/#:~:text=What%20is%20Matthew%20Stafford's%20record,season%20with%20a%20winning%20record.

Wow, that is disturbing to say the least

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Fact is he didn't stay healthy and when he was he looked nothing like 2019. Let's deal on facts, not what if's.

All you can go by is when he played AND when he played, he balled out.
Originally posted by elguapo:
A quick Google search says Cousins is 7-35 against teams that finished a season with a winning record.

Holy f**k...Stafford is 8-67.

That is a combined 15-102.

These are the QBs our brilliant fanbase holds in high regards.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cousins+record+vs+winning+teams&oq=cousins+record+vs+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i22i30l4.5399j0j4&client=ms-android-motorola-rev2&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/matthew-stafford-record-against-winning-teams/#:~:text=What%20is%20Matthew%20Stafford's%20record,season%20with%20a%20winning%20record.

Wow, that is disturbing to say the least

And remember the teams Jimmy beat in 2017 when the team sucked before him? 3 playoff teams? And CHI had a mean defense then.

CHI
HOU
TEN
JAX
LAR
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 3, 2021 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Bottom line is you don't know what you got til it's gone

Many in here forget the truly awful string of QBs SF has had since Steve Young and, more recently, the awful string just under Shanahan.

Is Jimmy G great? No.
Is he crap? No.

He's firmly in the very solid and, at times, pretty damn good category. Which is better than most teams in the league can say at the QB position.
Have we seen his ceiling? Quite possibly but with only one full season under his belt, it's hard to ascertain.

His biggest issue is staying healthy as we all know.

Honestly, I couldn't be more excited or hopeful for Jimmy G, aside from the 2018 campaign that got derailed after his electric five starts at the end of 2017.

He's never had any real competition or a chip on his shoulder. He's always come into situations that were pressure free, outside of once we got to the playoffs and Super Bowl in 2019 but even then, it felt like less pressure because no one expected that from this team.

Expectations are high. Pundits are down on him. The team has secured his successor because he can't stay healthy.

It's jimmy vs the world and, from what I've seen from the dude, I think he is up to task and is really going to surprise people with his performance this season.
It's also entirely possible he stays course and either gets injured, or continues his penchant for dumb interceptions.

At any rate, you gotta give the guy credit for how he's handled all of it and for what he's achieved on the field, despite however people want to minimize or manipulate his W/L record and stats.

I'm rootin for ya JG. Go get us a ring and make Shanahan and Lynch try to figure out what the hell to do next with a SB winning QB and first round pick in their stable.

awesome summary
Share 49ersWebzone