There are 186 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
That Rodgers rumor is BS

Totally - that was some Madden level juvenile stuff.

I posted this in another thread...can you imagine, the Niners in essence would be trading away this year's #3, other picks, a "number of players" from their current roster including Garoppolo, PLUS you have to count all the draft capital that it took the Niners to get to #3 in the first place. All for Aaron Rodgers, who's going to be 38 this December.

amen.

although....would it be worth it if Rodgers won the superbowl with this niners this year?

That's a good question. I want #6 as much as any fellow fan (I've been fortunate to see and remember well each of the five SB wins). I just don't think you mortgage the future that much - because that's exactly what you'd be doing with this trade, in addition to taking on Rodgers' HUGE salary.
the Rogers rumor might be BS but my guess is they are pimping Jimmy hard today to move him
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
you dont sign most of your in house free agents to one year deals during your SB window just to turn around and trade your starting QB for a 3rd.
Originally posted by boast:
you dont sign most of your in house free agents to one year deals during your SB window just to turn around and trade your starting QB for a 3rd.

You do If him being there is causing a stir in the locker room.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Waterbear:

this is only causing a stir with the fans.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
That Rodgers rumor is BS

I posted this in another thread...can you imagine, the Niners in essence would be trading away this year's #3, other picks, a "number of players" from their current roster including Garoppolo, PLUS you have to count all the draft capital that it took the Niners to get to #3 in the first place. All for Aaron Rodgers, who's going to be 38 this December.

amen.

although....would it be worth it if Rodgers won the superbowl with this niners this year?

That's a good question. I want #6 as much as any fellow fan (I've been fortunate to see and remember well each of the five SB wins). I just don't think you mortgage the future that much - because that's exactly what you'd be doing with this trade, in addition to taking on Rodgers' HUGE salary.

There would surely be some dark years after the superbowl as cap strains and drought of picks.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Yeah that's the only thing that makes trading him makes sense, if he feels slighted and wants out. If he's smart, he'll focus on playing well and having many teams wanting him after 2021. He has a good roster to support him here in SF.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
That Rodgers rumor is BS

But reporters never just throw rumors out there just ask the webzone! It is all gospel because it is on twitter!

I'm not sure the source is even a reporter.

ESPN is reporting that the story is totally false
Originally posted by jcs:

Reports are they want a corner
Stephon Gilmore needs a new contract and it sounds like he's not going to play for his scheduled 7m salary. Would a Garoppolo for Gilmore trade make sense? I'd love that!

Originally posted by Howlett49:
Stephon Gilmore needs a new contract and it sounds like he's not going to play for his scheduled 7m salary. Would a Garoppolo for Gilmore trade make sense? I'd love that!
not even close to the same value
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
not even close to the same value

How do you figure? Patriots need a QB and they love Jimmy. He's probably worth their second round pick. QBs are worth more than any other position. Gilmore most likely demands a first round pick compensation. If the Niners throw in a future second and maybe a mid round pick this year I don't see why they can't close the gap. CB is a huge need for the Niners and I'm sure they would rather come away with Gilmore for a few picks than an unknown commodity round 2 or later.

Edit: Plus the contract issue I stated. If Gilmore is going to hold out and Patriots aren't willing to pay it makes sense. IMO

Edit 2: Niners are SB ready right now! Go all in and stack this D best as possible. They are 1 CB injury away from a guy off the street or a rookie who will have his rookie moments that they can't afford.
[ Edited by Howlett49 on Apr 29, 2021 at 10:13 AM ]

f**k no, dude is coming off season ending IR and is over 30....he's not a zone CB either
Originally posted by NYniner85:

f**k no, dude is coming off season ending IR and is over 30....he's not a zone CB either

So you don't want one of the best corners in the league? For our backup QB?
Share 49ersWebzone