Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I guess the Cam signing means I was wrong about Jimmy G being off the team...

We're most likely stuck with Mr glass for one more year yet before the Niners officially move on from him.

If that is the case Kyle should draft the future FQB this year. Can't move on without a viable replacement and virtually every great qb is drafted by someone.

I think we draft Jones - he should be there at #12.

That would be exciting!

I'd frolic down Market Street naked if he was the choice.
It's gonna be lit seeing Jimmy have some pass protection for a change.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

We're most likely stuck with Mr glass for one more year yet before the Niners officially move on from him.

If that is the case Kyle should draft the future FQB this year. Can't move on without a viable replacement and virtually every great qb is drafted by someone.

That would be exciting!

I honestly can't see them spending their first pick other than a QB. Think it about sure there's holes on the roster, but they can fill a bunch of the holes by players coming back from injury. Secondary would be the obvious pick, but I don't think Lynch and Shanahan value the secondary that high. And they should fix their O-line with returning players and free agency, which leaves no real urgency to spend a 1st round pick on one. WR, I really really doubt they go WR at pick 12, well maybe if Devonta Smith or J'Marr Chase are there but that's a BIG IF!!

But what I do notice is no tendering of Nick Mullens or sign that Beathard will be re-signed. Rosen is really the only back up but he's dirt cheap and could be re-signed to the practice squad if things go south.

So QB is really the only thing left to really look at. With the 12th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the San Francisco 49ers select QB.......???

It must be Opposite Day. I actually agree with everything Kolohe said...

That would be exciting!

Been there done that...not that exciting.

naked party goers are an every day site in SF.

True Story: I was in a serious business meeting on the ground floor of a glass wall building. As I'm speaking a group of butt naked bike riders cycle by. I mean bare butt birthday suit naked. Everyone at the table just looked at each other and shrugged. Then went back to talking - #everyday in SF

True Story: I was in a serious business meeting on the ground floor of a glass wall building. As I'm speaking a group of butt naked bike riders cycle by. I mean bare butt birthday suit naked. Everyone at the table just looked at each other and shrugged. Then went back to talking - #everyday in SF

That used to be a monthly deal when I lived down there. A lot of guys don't get to see their wife naked that often.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

That would be exciting!

Yeah, running naked is common in SF - I'd be wearing my face mask, though.
I'm more than ok with having Jimmy G as our QB for the next season. He has been good for us when he has good protection. Yeah he ain't a tier 1 qb by any means but if we invest well in the o-line this offseason I think he will have a bounce back season for us. I'm just hoping he really hones in on his footwork and building up his body to take hits cause he is still fragile af. I also expect us to take a young qb in the draft and develop and put pressure on him.

This offseason is gonna be critical.

That would be exciting!

Yeah, running naked is common in SF - I'd be wearing my face mask, though.

That almost makes is sexier....
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Won't matter..he'll be hurt by week 6
Originally posted by dmax:

Just in time for Mond to take over.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Depends on what you want out of this team next year, or this coming year if you will.

I'm not saying with a healthy Jimmy we're going back to the Super Bowl. Especially because it also requires other healthy people and knowing that on that d-line there is no Buckner (though hopefully Kinlaw steps forward) and almost assuredly no Dee Ford.

But Super Bowl contender or no Super Bowl contender there are going to be holes on the roster to fill. We signed Moseley and that's good. Hopefully we also sign Trent and Jason Verrett. Even Juice as well.

But there are still upgrades and depth issues that need addressed. The secondary and both lines.

Green Bay did the future QB thing last year and it did nothing whatsoever for their team when other needs could have and probably should have been addressed. Plus, they reached for a project one in Round One. Which quite honestly we would also be doing with say Trey Lance- although he may not be a reach at 12 he is a project.

I'm not against drafting a Top QB and am not against moving on from Jimmy. I however, tend to think he's fairly good and am not for shoving him out the door ASAP. What I know is he's good enough to win and win often with the pieces there around him. We need those pieces regardless and regardless of how good we MIGHT be in 21, it's a testament to the talent we have/had that with all we dealt with last year we still won 6 games.

Maybe if for some odd reason Justin Fields is there, sure. But otherwise, it should be BPA and ideally one who contributes and starts this year. That could be Slater, Horn, Farley, Surtain or an edge if there's one worth taking there. After that, presuming resignings and other signings to cover some holes, maybe a guy like Mond or something is there in Round Two. Who knows.

Nice post I agree on all levels. It would be nice to have a great quarterback who is better than Jimmy however we are a contender if our team is relatively healthy. The other contenders lost/will lose pieces as well and I think we can easily get to the Super Bowl with a somewhat healthy roster. We have more cap Space than every contender as well. Tampa Bay is great but in my opinion their secondary is a liability as well as their running game. Green Bay we can easily handle and the rams our back ups can be even with their improvement at quarterback. The Saints aren't as good and neither are the Seahawks. Let's just hope we get great value in the first couple rounds that will contribute

Tampa Bay's secondary didn't look too shabby against KC and their passing game is a lot more dangerous than the Niners. If they have any problems, their pass rush certainly made up for it.

That's bc KC had all backups on their OL. Any teams secondary would of looked good vs those guys. Plus players were open all day vs TB they dropped 3 tds you saw those drops right? The secondary and running game are still issues for TB.

i just hope we get a qb or cb in the first round bc odds are we won't be drafting this high again for a while. Unless our whole team gets injured again
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 13, 2021 at 5:41 PM ]

If he is then we get to see if Rosen can be chosen or if the rookie has potential. Or he stays healthy and we have a shot again.
Originally posted by cxlculchlnck36:

Just in time for Mond to take over.

And the niners finish with a 10 game losing streak.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 13, 2021 at 6:31 PM ]
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Depends on what you want out of this team next year, or this coming year if you will.

I'm not saying with a healthy Jimmy we're going back to the Super Bowl. Especially because it also requires other healthy people and knowing that on that d-line there is no Buckner (though hopefully Kinlaw steps forward) and almost assuredly no Dee Ford.

But Super Bowl contender or no Super Bowl contender there are going to be holes on the roster to fill. We signed Moseley and that's good. Hopefully we also sign Trent and Jason Verrett. Even Juice as well.

But there are still upgrades and depth issues that need addressed. The secondary and both lines.

Green Bay did the future QB thing last year and it did nothing whatsoever for their team when other needs could have and probably should have been addressed. Plus, they reached for a project one in Round One. Which quite honestly we would also be doing with say Trey Lance- although he may not be a reach at 12 he is a project.

I'm not against drafting a Top QB and am not against moving on from Jimmy. I however, tend to think he's fairly good and am not for shoving him out the door ASAP. What I know is he's good enough to win and win often with the pieces there around him. We need those pieces regardless and regardless of how good we MIGHT be in 21, it's a testament to the talent we have/had that with all we dealt with last year we still won 6 games.

Maybe if for some odd reason Justin Fields is there, sure. But otherwise, it should be BPA and ideally one who contributes and starts this year. That could be Slater, Horn, Farley, Surtain or an edge if there's one worth taking there. After that, presuming resignings and other signings to cover some holes, maybe a guy like Mond or something is there in Round Two. Who knows.

You draft a QB for the future not for that season. To be contenders for a decade not just looking at the season in front of you. I doubt GB was expecting Love to win them a SB from the bench. But you know who has been in the SB the past 2 years. KC. The team that didn't settle on their average QB.

The team can't afford to pass on a Mahomes esque prospect again like they did last time. Jimmy is just too inconsistent to rely on. He's been here 3 full seasons and made it thru 1 of them. Then you factor in he's really only 8-14 good when he's healthy.

You can't reach on one but if the right guy is there you take him.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 14, 2021 at 6:30 AM ]
so when are they re-structuring his contract?
Share 49ersWebzone