LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
People claiming winning percentage is meaningless must have never looked at the rankings for win %. The top 10 is headed by Brady and Mahomes and includes Rodgers, Brees and Wilson.
The bottom 10 is made up of bums like Gabbert, McCoy, McNown, Glennon etc. Not one good qb in that bottom 10.

Good qbs win a lot, bad qbs lose a lot.

Are people claiming winning percentage is meaningless? Or are people claiming winning percentage, when used as the sole metric to determine the quality of a quarterback, is meaningless?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
I'm a Jimmy fanboy and I've never used winning % as an argument for him ever in my goddamn life.

Mathew Stafford's winning percentage is 46%

People claiming winning percentage is meaningless must have never looked at the rankings for win %. The top 10 is headed by Brady and Mahomes and includes Rodgers, Brees and Wilson.
The bottom 10 is made up of bums like Gabbert, McCoy, McNown, Glennon etc. Not one good qb in that bottom 10.

Thank you!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Originally posted by CJ75:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Definite upgrade:

Rocket arm

impressive display of pocket presence and ability to look off receivers.

That was fun to watch...
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I'm a Jimmy fanboy and I've never used winning % as an argument for him ever in my goddamn life.

Cmon woo, you're smarter than this

What do you disagree with?
Originally posted by Polkadots:

Are people claiming winning percentage is meaningless? Or are people claiming winning percentage, when used as the sole metric to determine the quality of a quarterback, is meaningless?

I have seen the phrase "winning percentage is meaningless".
Until recently, I hadn't heard that since people were pumping Gabbert over Kap.

Is Jimmy the only mediocre QB in the top 10 for win % among active QBs and are there any decent QBs in the bottom 10?

He is, just loves to argue at times.

Of course win % is a solid stat, but not when its based on 1 full season played. Hes talking about Jimmy like hes a career 70% guy. Hes throwing out names like Brady, Manning, etc, guys who did it for 10+ years.

If we look at just QBs with under 20-25 games started, you will find plenty of QBs with a high win percentage in that time frame. Kap was like 26 and 14 in his 40 starts. So it doesn't mean crap unless its done consistently. Woo knows this, but hes too far in the Jimmy camp to say otherwise now.
Nice film, bit of lay action, big arm and all this season. Kyle and the WR's would be excited with the prospect of this the upgrade on Jimmy is that long ball threat and to the sides.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Definite upgrade:

Rocket arm

That was fun to watch...
[ Edited by TheMexican on Jan 28, 2021 at 9:00 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Of course win % is a solid stat, but not when its based on 1 full season played. Hes talking about Jimmy like hes a career 70% guy. Hes throwing out names like Brady, Manning, etc, guys who did it for 10+ years.

If we look at just QBs with under 20-25 games started, you will find plenty of QBs with a high win percentage in that time frame. Kap was like 26 and 14 in his 40 starts. So it doesn't mean crap unless its done consistently. Woo knows this, but hes too far in the Jimmy camp to say otherwise now.

Four or five guys that played as much (or less) than Jimmy with a higher Won/Loss percentage since 1970 isn't A Lot .

Agreed. Winning percentage is definitely not a meaningless stat in measuring the abilities of a QB. It's not the only stat towards what determines a quality QB - but it's an important one. Everybody knows football is a team sport - that goes without saying - but considering QB is probably the single most important position in all of sports, and a very good QB plays a big part throughout the flow of a game in helping a team get a lot of wins...winning percentage is not a meaningless stat for QBs.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Definite upgrade:

Rocket arm

That was fun to watch...
It's also a handpicked set of the best plays they could find.

Four or five guys that played as much (or less) than Jimmy with a higher Won/Loss percentage since 1970 isn't A Lot .

a 26--14 record isn't better than a 24-8 record unless Jimmy is going to go 2-6 over his next 8 starts. Which seems unlikely.
Originally posted by boomer49er:

a 26--14 record isn't better than a 24-8 record unless Jimmy is going to go 2-6 over his next 8 starts. Which seems unlikely.

Jg was 1-2 in 2018 and 2-4 in 2020

Since we need a perfect OL for jimmy, it doesn't look good for him next year either

Of course win % is a solid stat, but not when its based on 1 full season played. Hes talking about Jimmy like hes a career 70% guy. Hes throwing out names like Brady, Manning, etc, guys who did it for 10 years.

The point is, its still a small sample size. HES PLAYED 1 FULL SEASON.

Since we need a perfect OL for jimmy, it doesn't look good for him next year either

2019 OLine was far from "perfect", but whatever helps your agenda I guess
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

2019 OLine was far from "perfect", but whatever helps your agenda I guess

Not my agenda but yours and others. That's why I pointed it out. If the OL isn't fixed like most have said then it's all bad for jimmy
Share 49ersWebzone