There are 154 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Yes,...you have pitched a guarantee that 100% of the players will take a paycut to resolve this situation.

Still, some as myself doesn't see it. What'd be alot more realistic IMO is kicking the can down the road in terms of losses, much in the same way rookies bear the brunt of reduced salaries: negotiate something with the NFLPA (if need be) that future players have to deal with it,...while maximizing what you're earning now.

I just don't know why Player X that's going to retire in a couple years on his last deal cares enough about retaining the market values of a Player Y that's up for a new contract by then? No no no. There's nothing to retain,...as their true market values would only be realized without a salary cap anyway,...and what they currently make are market limits, not market values. So the whole "retain other players' market values" thing just makes no sense to me.
I think the market will force the players to adjust. As much as the players want to make $$$ if there is only 1/2$ to go around then there are going to be players that will only get 1/2$. The market is cold blooded that way, to both the owners and the players. The owners are independent of each other. The Jets owner doesn't tell Jed what to play Jimmy and Hyder, for example.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
I firmly believe if they turn on Jimmy, they're gonna lose the locker room.

This is comically absurd.

Yeah this ain't a movie lmfao. Players understand the business of the NFL.

If they make a change at QB and the QB play in 2021 is worse and the team doesn't compete for a SB in 2021, Shanalynch will be seen as taking the team backwards and the QB move will be picked apart by fans and resented by players.

All they have to do is get back to 2019 results if they make a change.

If they stick with Jimmy and fall short they will get a pass.
lol so off. everyone knows we need better QB play, sticking with JG and he gets hurt or doesn't produce ..media will tear us apart and the fans will follow. Watson on a bad team is still good. Jimmy on a bad team is bad

Plus, you know 2019 will be two years ago when the football season starts right ? got to look at the future and stop living in the past
With jimmy you know what you're going to get. He's safe.

If we risk it and go for a better qb our offense could look similar to the packers this year
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

If they make a change at QB and the QB play in 2021 is worse and the team doesn't compete for a SB in 2021, Shanalynch will be seen as taking the team backwards and the QB move will be picked apart by fans and resented by players.

lol so off. everyone knows we need better QB play, sticking with JG and he gets hurt or doesn't produce ..media will tear us apart and the fans will follow. Watson on a bad team is still good. Jimmy on a bad team is bad

Plus, you know 2019 will be two years ago when the football season starts right ? got to look at the future and stop living in the past

Watson would be a guaranteed upgrade but it isn't happening because of cost in trade and salary.
Shanahan was dumb to pass on him and Mahomes when the team needed a QB and was at the beginning of the build.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Fred Warner on Jimmy G " The guy's a winner" He's a natural born leader"

That's our defensive leader speaking.

What do you expect him to say. Players rarely publicly say anything bad about another player, especially the QB.

Not if it's for Watson. Guys will be upset, but they won't lose the locker room if they make a move for Watson.

Yeah but you would have to give up Nick Bosa,Fred Warner, and three number 1 draft picks to get Watson lol. That won't work.
Who said we have to give that up ?

Could have had him instead of Solomon Thomas.
Better now, that we know he's a good QB..amiright

I knew he and Mahomes were good QBs in 2017, most people did.
Supposedly they didn't fit the system like CJ.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Jan 21, 2021 at 3:55 PM ]

many were surprised mahomes was taken that high, i definitely was, so was shanahan

Watson would be a guaranteed upgrade but it isn't happening because of cost in trade and salary.
Shanahan was dumb to pass on him and Mahomes when the team needed a QB and was at the beginning of the build.

The trade, yup I hear you. It's going to be expensive.

The salary I don't understand at all. He only costs 10.5mil in 2021. Anything after that is irrelevant because if we had drafted him we'd still be paying that big ass salary in 2022 onwards to keep him.

Yeah Kyle thought he was gonna get Kirk cousins that's why he passed on Watson in retrospect he would go back and do it different but oh well thats life it doesn't always go as planned.
Chris Simms was saying that he really hopes Kyle gets deshaun Watson in a trade
Originally posted by Tony16Gambino:

0 chance

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

many were surprised mahomes was taken that high, i definitely was, so was shanahan
everyone is a Post draft expert

0 chance

I would say actually there is a chance it could happen.... I would give it a 40 percent chance of happening
  • thl408

0 chance

I would say actually there is a chance it could happen.... I would give it a 40 percent chance of happening

Either it happens, or it doesn't happen. So it's 50/50.

0 chance

our name is in the hat, thats all we can ask for

everyone is a Post draft expert

I hated the Thomas pick from day one and wanted a qb.

It was an obvious need.
Share 49erswebzone