Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Sacniner's logic is akin to flatearthers' logic. He knows what he knows, and his opinions are the only correct thing. There's no point in arguing with him; he ignores evidence as biased and when asked to show his own evidence contrary to what we know, he refuses and claims that would be "too boring".

All this cause I don't like Jimmy Garoppolo as much as you smh

No at all, I'm just saying that if you're gonna refute jonnydel's video and call it biased, show us your video and unbiased opinion. That is all.

If I made a video that didn't support your preconceived notions, you wouldn't accept it.

I have posted analysis from professionals that should carry more weight than any fan's opinion on here and you guys don't care. I literally can't change anyone's mind that is emotionally invested in #10

How do you know man, I've had my criticism of Jimmy G. But it also depends on what you show too correct??

Professional opinions can be argued too, just because they're professionals don't make them right all the time.
Nobody should have to make their own video just to share their opinion. GTFO with that BS.

Jonny does great work with his video. I've learnt a lot watching them. I don't always agree with his opinion on here but I'm not going to make a video everytime I disagree and neither should anyone else.
Originally posted by davide49:
Originally posted by Niners99:
He literally plays Game Pass film in slow mo, from different angles, and rewinds and replays each snap. How is he going to "tailor" it to his narrative? Watch with your own eyes. The OL played like trash. Theres no Jimmy bias involved.

He admits Jimmy missed the throw to Sanders. Despite all the f**k ups and ass clenching (including Kyle) it's obvious that's a throw he should have made. It's also obvious (and this is what kills us in 2020) that the interior OL, especially center is just not very good. Looks like ol NCMD has been right all along

Its mind blowing to me that people view that deep ball as a routine throw that any competent QB should've made. Thats a tough throw. Deep ball over the top of the S with 1:32 remaining to win the SB? Very few QB's would've had the poise to hit that throw, especially in their 29th career start.
Sacniner's logic is akin to flatearthers' logic. He knows what he knows, and his opinions are the only correct thing. There's no point in arguing with him; he ignores evidence as biased and when asked to show his own evidence contrary to what we know, he refuses and claims that would be "too boring".

All this cause I don't like Jimmy Garoppolo as much as you smh

No, I want you to prove to me that Jimmy is bad. Not because you say so. Not because so-and-so said so. Show me data. Show me the analysis. Just like Jonnydel does.

The data and the video show that Jimmy takes way too many sacks and is always injured. Two huge red flags. He also throws some "wtf INTs". He's also not the most mobile in the pocket.

However, on the flip side, Jimmy is great at converting 3rd downs. Even 3rd and longs. He can duel with the best QBs in the league when needed, yet most of the time we don't need him to because of our strong run game. Hell, against KC in the Super Bowl, Jimmy's statline and Mahomes' statline were basically the same even after the conclusion of the game. Yet Mahomes is awarded an MVP and Jimmy's skills are now being questioned.

Again, Jimmy G is a borderline top 10 QB in the NFL when healthy. I'm all for moving on from him if we can land a clear and obvious upgrade from him, but Stafford is not a clear and obvious upgrade.

I want you to prove to me that he is top 10.

Questions I need you to answer:

How can a guy be top 10 when they aren't available 2/3rds of the time?

Can he make deep throws consistently when it's an NFL window?

Is he consistently accurate?

Does he move around the pocket well?

The data and analysis I've seen are a clear no. 2019 was his best year and he had a few good games. What happened last year? Last year the data/analysis/video show a guy who was wildly inaccurate, relied on an extremely conservative passing game and is extremely immobile (also has terrible footwork in the pocket)

Imo, based on stats, data and professional analysis Stafford is a clear upgrade over Jimmy. I challenge you to break down film and make a video showing me that Jimmy is better than Stafford. Show me clear data and video that shows Jimmy is better. Or is that too boring?

You're cherry picking the bright spots of 2019 and forgoing the latest data from 2020.

Edit: I never said Jimmy is "bad." He's average when everything around him is working well. Beyond that, his sample of games is too small to really understand what he is. He's is a risk though cause he's hurt too much and I think he's limited. Therefore, I think Stafford would be an upgrade
[ Edited by sacniner on Jan 24, 2021 at 1:38 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by davide49:
He literally plays Game Pass film in slow mo, from different angles, and rewinds and replays each snap. How is he going to "tailor" it to his narrative? Watch with your own eyes. The OL played like trash. Theres no Jimmy bias involved.

He admits Jimmy missed the throw to Sanders. Despite all the f**k ups and ass clenching (including Kyle) it's obvious that's a throw he should have made. It's also obvious (and this is what kills us in 2020) that the interior OL, especially center is just not very good. Looks like ol NCMD has been right all along

Its mind blowing to me that people view that deep ball as a routine throw that any competent QB should've made. Thats a tough throw. Deep ball over the top of the S with 1:32 remaining to win the SB? Very few QB's would've had the poise to hit that throw, especially in their 29th career start.

Aside admitting the his QB missed the deep ball pass in the Super Bowl, Kyle should be reminded that he had a chance to draft HIS own QB twice, and also had a chance to pick up BRADY... but he didn't..

so, to all his followers here, please remind him that ..

weh wehhh waittt !!

Please also remind KYLE that Andy spot him 10 pts in less than 6 minutes to win the Super Bowl and it was up to his coaching to go get IT !!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Nobody should have to make their own video just to share their opinion. GTFO with that BS.

Jonny does great work with his video. I've learnt a lot watching them. I don't always agree with his opinion on here but I'm not going to make a video everytime I disagree and neither should anyone else.

Obviously you didn't follow the whole argument, but that's ok.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

Genuinely curious about what you've learned from the breakdowns. Can you list three things you've learned from Jonny's videos?
All these guys calling for a 'better' QB, willing to give away draft picks for a QB because JG isn't "the guy". Then we watch Green Bay vs Tampa and I hear that the MVP QB, A. Rodgers is hoping to get back to the Super Bowl, which would be his second SB. Kind of proves all these QB chasers wrong. You win with all tthree phases of the game. Sacrificing players on Defense to acquire a "better" QB is a losing proposition. We got what we NEED at QB with JG. What we NEED is interior o-line, and secondary help, much more than we need to upgrade the QB position. Solidify all three position groups before we start giving away draft picks for 'possible' upgrades.
Originally posted by eastie:
All these guys calling for a 'better' QB, willing to give away draft picks for a QB because JG isn't "the guy". Then we watch Green Bay vs Tampa and I hear that the MVP QB, A. Rodgers is hoping to get back to the Super Bowl, which would be his second SB. Kind of proves all these QB chasers wrong. You win with all tthree phases of the game. Sacrificing players on Defense to acquire a "better" QB is a losing proposition. We got what we NEED at QB with JG. What we NEED is interior o-line, and secondary help, much more than we need to upgrade the QB position. Solidify all three position groups before we start giving away draft picks for 'possible' upgrades.

Agreed here, but with 10 picks in this draft, you're telling me you wouldn't trade jimmy and a second (maybe even toss in a second or third next year) for Stafford??? We'd get an upgrade at qb, plus 4 million in cap relief
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Originally posted by eastie:

Agreed here, but with 10 picks in this draft, you're telling me you wouldn't trade jimmy and a second (maybe even toss in a second or third next year) for Stafford??? We'd get an upgrade at qb, plus 4 million in cap relief

Nope. Stafford has been a very good QB and he hasn't had an injury history, until the last couple years, and that's what worries me. He's older, has played a lot and his injuries are beginning to pile up, which is to be expected for a 12 year vet that isn't mobile. How long before he's considered injury prone now? Also, if JG gets through the season without injury, can we get back to the big game? I think the answer is a solid YES! I'm not all caught up in the deep pass thing. I think the coach calls the plays that will be most successful, that will accomplish what he's trying to get done, with out regard for the distance the ball will travel through the air. That's stuff for the folks in here to chew on, not for the professionals that play the game.

Yall crack me up.

Literally no one in the world outside of Niner fans would say JG is better then Stafford. NO ONE.

Its ok to not want Stafford because you think its too much draft capital to give up, but stop making yourselves look stupid by saying JG is a better QB. Thats a flat out dumb take.

JG has had one good season where he made a lot of high probability throws, all while backed by an elite defense and elite run game. You telling me Stafford couldnt do what JG did???

Homers to the max.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Yall crack me up.

Literally no one in the world outside of Niner fans would say JG is better then Stafford. NO ONE.

Its ok to not want Stafford because you think its too much draft capital to give up, but stop making yourselves look stupid by saying JG is a better QB. Thats a flat out dumb take.

JG has had one good season where he made a lot of high probability throws, all while backed by an elite defense and elite run game. You telling me Stafford couldnt do what JG did???

Homers to the max.

You don't sound objective you sound biased as hell.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Yall crack me up.

Homers to the max.

WTF does this even mean?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Yall crack me up.

Homers to the max.

WTF does this even mean?

You don't know what biased mean?
Yall crack me up.

Homers to the max.

WTF does this even mean?

You don't know what biased mean?
Lol. No point in even responding to you if thats the best retort you can come up with. Keep living in your fantasy land where JG is an elite QB.
Share 49ersWebzone