There are 293 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bloodless:
But a big upgrade none the less. Stafford will fit perfectly here. At least he can throw a deep ball and take care of the football. I hope we can hold onto pick #12 but I think that it is going to cost us it to get him.

A "Big upgrade" really? I don't see it. The upgrade from Jim to Stafford is debatable outside of availability. Giving up #12 and future picks for availability seems excessive to me. And I actually like Stafford. Idk just my opinion
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:

Thanks for the few memories Garoppolo.

Get rid of a qb with a injury history and replace him with an older qb with a injury history ? Got it

and less mobile! lolol
But a big upgrade none the less. Stafford will fit perfectly here. At least he can throw a deep ball and take care of the football. I hope we can hold onto pick #12 but I think that it is going to cost us it to get him.

1. Stafford is not an upgrade. Lateral move at best.

2. Throw the ball deep? Ah yes, that fits Shanahan's offense that utilize YAC perfectly. Why are people so obsessed with air yards as a stat?

3. Stafford does not take care of the football. There's a reason he has a losing record as a starter, and only made the playoffs 3 times in 12 years. Oh, and he's 0-3 in those games.

4. If we give up a 1st rounder for Stafford, Lynch needs to be fired before week 1.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
No one in the NFL is less mobile than Jimmy.

you're delusional if you believe this
Originally posted by Bellaleo:

A "Big upgrade" really? I don't see it. The upgrade from Jim to Stafford is debatable outside of availability. Giving up #12 and future picks for availability seems excessive to me. And I actually like Stafford. Idk just my opinion

Only on WZ is that debatable.

seriously?Stafford is way tougher than jimmy. Alot more durable and his arm is wayyyyyy better than jims,
Originally posted by crusher49er:
seriously?Stafford is way tougher than jimmy. Alot more durable and his arm is wayyyyyy better than jims,

I completely disagree with you on this. That's ok
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

3. Stafford does not take care of the football. There's a reason he has a losing record as a starter, and only made the playoffs 3 times in 12 years. Oh, and he's 0-3 in those games.

Stafford's career INT% in a pass happy offense is lower than Jimmy's 49er career INT% in a run happy offense.

Maybe a little research to back up your claims before posting them?
Originally posted by crusher49er:

I completely disagree with you on this. That's ok

And a ton of football fans outside of WZ would disagree with you. That's ok.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Do you think we win last years Super Bowl if Stafford was our QB? I don't. That's why I think giving up #12 and future picks for him is not an option
[ Edited by Bellaleo on Jan 23, 2021 at 5:38 PM ]
What can we get for him in a trade? Would anyone throw a late first round pick?

Pats take him back for a 2nd?

Do you think we win last years Super Bowl if Stafford was our QB? I don't.

In a vacuum. Like, if Stafford is inserted into the Superbowl with as much familiarity with the system as Jimmy had, I absolutely think we do.

Stafford is better. And all we would have needed was slightly better QB play to win. (Before people start crying, there are a number of things that we only needed to do slightly better to win.)

Stafford's career INT% in a pass happy offense is lower than Jimmy's 49er career INT% in a run happy offense.

Maybe a little research to back up your claims before posting them?

Stafford's INT% is 2.3%.
Jimmy's is 2.7%.

Miniscule difference. And I didn't even compare Stafford to Jimmy in this point. Jimmy does throw some boneheaded picks quite often, and it's frustrating, but let's not pretend Stafford is known for taking care of the football. He's not. He forces passes into double and triple coverage all the time. I call it the Megatron syndrome. He could get away with it when he had Calvin running routes.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Do you think we win last years Super Bowl if Stafford was our QB? I don't. That's why I think giving up #12 and future picks for him is not an option

I doubt the 9ers even make it to the Super Bowl. Why, Stafford would've relied on his arm and threw a pick to knock the 9ers outta the playoffs.

From 2011-2018 the best record Stafford could come up with is 11-5.

Lets also not act like Stafford doesn't throw INT's either.

Stafford 12 year career - 144 INT's

Rodgers 16 year career starting for 13 years - 89 INT's.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:

Thanks for the few memories Garoppolo.

Get rid of a qb with a injury history and replace him with an older qb with a injury history ? Got it

and less mobile! lolol

1. Stafford is not an upgrade. Lateral move at best.

2. Throw the ball deep? Ah yes, that fits Shanahan's offense that utilize YAC perfectly. Why are people so obsessed with air yards as a stat?

4. If we give up a 1st rounder for Stafford, Lynch needs to be fired before week 1.

1. Will agree to disagree. I think Stafford can make throws Jimmy only dreams of.

2. We don't have to throw deep all game for it to have an impact. We can't have every team stacking the line of scrimmage with a safety in the box on us because they know Jimmy cant throw a deep ball like almost every other starting QB in the league can.

3. I doubt kyle would be afraid to let Stafford sling it around when there is 1 minute on the clock the way he is with Jimmy. Also Stafford has been carrying that entire Lions team on his back his entire career. Garbage defenses and garbage coaching.

4. QB is the most important position. If it costs us one 1st rounder for a franchise QB. I think I can live with that.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I doubt the 9ers even make it to the Super Bowl. Why, Stafford would've relied on his arm and threw a pick to knock the 9ers outta the playoffs.

From 2011-2018 the best record Stafford could come up with is 11-5.

Lets also not act like Stafford doesn't throw INT's either.

Stafford 12 year career - 144 INT's

Rodgers 16 year career starting for 13 years - 89 INT's.

Exactly. Rodgers has even attempted 300 more passes than Stafford.

Simply put, Stafford is a horrible fit for Shanahan's offense. Now Rodgers on the other hand...
Share 49ersWebzone