LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Misfit_Niner540:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So Matthew Stafford is a clear upgrade over Garoppolo? If so, we have very differing opinions of what common sense.
Your last paragraph is on point without the variables.

Wait you think Jimmy is better than Stafford?? Sarcasm?

Ah yes, master manipulator at it again! Please show me where I said that. I didn't... even if I do believe it, it wasn't put in writing.
I can however, quote, bold and add italics where you think Stafford is a "clear" upgrade over Jimmy and to understand that is merely "common sense".

We can compare stats and playoff wins (or lack thereof for one of em) all day long but I'll leave you with just two.

Career completion %
Garoppolo- 67.4
Stafford- 62.6

Career passer rating
Garoppolo- 98.9
Stafford- 89.9

Also remember Jimmy doesn't have a Calvin and he probably never will. But go ahead and convince me some more on why QB is our most pressing issue.

Joe Montana career passer rating 92.3. Go ahead try and convince me Joe Montana is better than Jimmy G
Convince me Jimmy can play the amount of games as Montana and Stafford
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Are you saying having less than 1,000 pass attempts compared to players with 6,000+ pass attempts might make the numbers look better? Well by golly gee that's crazy
Ah yes, master manipulator at it again! Please show me where I said that. I didn't... even if I do believe it, it wasn't put in writing.
I can however, quote, bold and add italics where you think Stafford is a "clear" upgrade over Jimmy and to understand that is merely "common sense".

We can compare stats and playoff wins (or lack thereof for one of em) all day long but I'll leave you with just two.

Career completion %
Garoppolo- 67.4
Stafford- 62.6

Career passer rating
Garoppolo- 98.9
Stafford- 89.9

Also remember Jimmy doesn't have a Calvin and he probably never will. But go ahead and convince me some more on why QB is our most pressing issue.

Lol Peyton Manning has a career passer rating of 95.7. Is Jimmy better than Peyton?
Originally posted by BMoore56:

Career completion %
Garoppolo- 67.4
Stafford- 62.6

Career passer rating
Garoppolo- 98.9
Stafford- 89.9

Lol Peyton Manning has a career passer rating of 95.7. Is Jimmy better than Peyton?

Im sure Jimmy fans think so lol.

Stafford is a much better QB, its not even close. A couple of cherry picked stats doesn't mean crap. These new generation with their stats for everything

Nope! Of course not.
My bad fellas, I forgot Matthew f**king Stafford is in the same circle as Montana and Manning.

The stat posting wasn't meant to prove Jimmy is better than Stafford, because it doesn't do that. It was meant to disprove those who label Stafford as a "clear cut upgrade", which I think it does. Debatable maybe, but if nothing else it should prove that trading for a 12 vet over what we have currently rostered isn't the brightest move.

If that STILL isn't enough, I'll try one more.
11 year starter, three playoff appearances and zero wins. ZERO!!
Average loss by 2 TDs.....
Hard pass for me
yes.. giving the farm away is fear talk.

Logic has shown giving up picks to land at the #2 or 3 spot in the draft or giving up picks for watson will not hurt us moving forward but make us better future wise.

Worked out for Ditka, eh?

Nope! Of course not.
My bad fellas, I forgot Matthew f**king Stafford is in the same circle as Montana and Manning.

The stat posting wasn't meant to prove Jimmy is better than Stafford, because it doesn't do that. It was meant to disprove those who label Stafford as a "clear cut upgrade", which I think it does. Debatable maybe, but if nothing else it should prove that trading for a 12 vet over what we have currently rostered isn't the brightest move.

If that STILL isn't enough, I'll try one more.
11 year starter, three playoff appearances and zero wins. ZERO!!
Average loss by 2 TDs.....
Hard pass for me

Alright. Your entitled to your opinion. I would suggest watching Stafford rather than just looking at numbers. But you do you
Alright. Your entitled to your opinion. I would suggest watching Stafford rather than just looking at numbers. But you do you

So Matthew Stafford is a clear upgrade over Garoppolo? If so, we have very differing opinions of what common sense.

Career completion %
Garoppolo- 67.4
Stafford- 62.6

Career passer rating
Garoppolo- 98.9
Stafford- 89.9

I'm sorry but what is anyone suppose to take from this comment

You clearly think he's better...

How about Jimmy attempts 1,000 passes before you even start comparing stats lol? How about you throw Jimmy in Detroit and Stafford in SF/NE

stat scouting is weak. Jimmy wouldn't even throw the ball downfield if he had CJ lol.

If you love stats so much go look at Stafford since CJ left in 2016. During that time span he's avg more TD/Yards lower INT % per game then Jimmy (while in SF). Their comp % is damn near the same JG 65.8% vs MS 65.2% and his QB rating without CJ is 96.9.

NOW put Stafford in SF with Kyle and this roster and put Jimmy in Detroit and see who's stats go up....
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 19, 2021 at 12:26 PM ]

Career completion %
Garoppolo- 67.4
Stafford- 62.6

Career passer rating
Garoppolo- 98.9
Stafford- 89.9

How about Jimmy attempts 1,000 passes before you even start comparing stats lol? How about you throw Jimmy in Detroit and Stafford in SF/NE

stat scouting is weak. Jimmy wouldn't even throw the ball downfield if he had CJ lol.

If you love stats so much go look at Stafford since CJ left in 2016. During that time span he's avg more TD/Yards lower INT % per game then Jimmy (while in SF). Their comp % is damn near the same JG 65.8% vs MS 65.2% and his QB rating without CJ is 96.9.

NOW put Stafford in SF with Kyle and this roster and put Jimmy in Detroit and see who's stats go up....

I was gonna say I thought Stafford got better after CJ left. He stopped trying to force passes to him and started distributing the ball around more.

Joe Montana career passer rating 92.3. Go ahead try and convince me Joe Montana is better than Jimmy G

Different eras.
Joe is better.

Stafford and JG are close.
Y'all need to take a chill pill.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Career completion %
Garoppolo- 67.4
Stafford- 62.6

Career passer rating
Garoppolo- 98.9
Stafford- 89.9

Genuinely curious, NY. What do you do for work? You are spending A LOT of time in multiple threads going at it with anyone/everyone who has a different opinion than you. I'm amazed. Married? Kids? Either way I'm jealous of how much free time you have.

Are you saying having less than 1,000 pass attempts compared to players with 6,000+ pass attempts might make the numbers look better? Well by golly gee that's crazy

That is not how math works.
CJ's numbers aren't going to look worse if he has 6000 attempts.
Gabbert's numbers didn't get worse with more attempts.
Brady's numbers didn't decline with attempts.

What is the point where the sample size is large or close enough to compare?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Different eras.
Joe is better.

Stafford and JG are close.

Bahahahahaha it was a joke about Montana about how pointless stats like QBR are. But if you wanna say modern era it matter therefore Tom Brady at 96.6 QBR is the same as Jimmy G. It's a pointless stat that you get a benefit from YAC offense and less passing attempts. Jimmy is not close to Stafford. Watch the film don't recite numbers
Share 49ersWebzone