Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Misfit_Niner540:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Same.

I hope they draft a QB higher than the 2nd round.
agree, any QB lower than the first round is a waste of a pick.

Kyle trask top of the third round
waste of a pick. If we stick with JG and don't draft a QB in the first, we should keep Rosen and look at UDFA QBs. use the rest of the picks on BPA

"If we don't get a QB in the first round then I don't want one at all! "

Yeah, there's not going to be much left after the first round QBs go.

Pretty much.
Wonder when they get a answer on what the actual cap will be for 2021?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Pretty much.

There's no reason to, would be better adding CB or other depth
Same.

waste of a pick. If we stick with JG and don't draft a QB in the first, we should keep Rosen and look at UDFA QBs. use the rest of the picks on BPA

Lol. Terrible thought.
The Jimmy situation is very simple for the people with common sense. If there's a clear upgrade......we need to try to make it happen. If we can get Watson, do it. If you can get Stafford, do it. Other than that....I don't see a realistic veteran option who's 1: a definite upgrade and 2: is a big enough upgrade to trade picks for.
If Fields or Lance both who have significant upside are available at 12....definitely consider it and have them sit behind Jimmy to start. Otherwise, the best option for this team is to draft an impact player at 12, draft a QB to develop behind Jimmy in the 2nd or 3rd, and run it back with hopefully more health.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners418:
Lol. Terrible thought.
The Jimmy situation is very simple for the people with common sense. If there's a clear upgrade......we need to try to make it happen. If we can get Watson, do it. If you can get Stafford, do it. Other than that....I don't see a realistic veteran option who's 1: a definite upgrade and 2: is a big enough upgrade to trade picks for.
If Fields or Lance both who have significant upside are available at 12....definitely consider it and have them sit behind Jimmy to start. Otherwise, the best option for this team is to draft an impact player at 12, draft a QB to develop behind Jimmy in the 2nd or 3rd, and run it back with hopefully more health.

So simple yet so simple
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners418:
Same.

Lol. Terrible thought.

Agree. *if* you can get a talent like a guy that is a good QB *and* a good RB. Key there is a good QB. He can't be just another Running Back that can throw deep. Kyle's passing offense (as NC always likes to point out) is tricky/Gimmicky kind of offense. Well, it's a play action based scheme, so of course it's going to be tricky and gimmicky, that's what a play action pass is. You need a QB that can throw quick and accurate after a play-pass because some defenses out there have such speedy linebackers that the window opens and closes on those play-passes in a heart beat. I don't think he needs another Colin Kaepernick back there who was really a Arby masquerading as a QB in the later years of his career.
Anyone know what the specific economics would be of a Garropolo for Cousins trade?
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Anyone know what the specific economics would be of a Garropolo for Cousins trade?
$2.8M dead money for Jimmy.
$21M guaranteed salary for Cousins. Also, his 2022 salary ($35m) will become guaranteed the 3rd day of the season (depending on exactly how his contact is worded, is it tied to being on the Viking's roster or any NFL roster). It is an extra $20m dead money for the Vikings, though, and they are $12m in the read already.

Originally posted by Poldarn49:
$2.8M dead money for Jimmy.
$21M guaranteed salary for Cousins. Also, his 2022 salary ($35m) will become guaranteed the 3rd day of the season (depending on exactly how his contact is worded, is it tied to being on the Viking's roster or any NFL roster). It is an extra $20m dead money for the Vikings, though, and they are $12m in the read already.

Thank you.

So we can keep Juice ,
We need interior o-line and cb help much more than we need an upgrade at qb. An upgrade on the interior of the o-line will benefit the QB and improve his play. CB is in need of bodies as well. All this talk of giving away the farm to get a QB is not taking into account the impact on the teams other groupings.
[ Edited by eastie on Jan 19, 2021 at 9:21 AM ]

Lmao
Share 49ersWebzone