LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Koldo:
Draft a QB, get rid of Jimmy and sign Fitzmagic. There's your offseason plan.

This is the obvious answer
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
You didnt need to repost it, I was kidding. It was a good post, I read it. I just disagree with the injury part. What I read was a spin job to try to downplay the fact that he has had huge injuries in 2 of the 3 seasons he was our starter, and another injury that knocked him out of the starting role that he should have had for 4 games in New England. Just because other quarterbacks got hurt last year doesnt change anything. Doing something once (starting 19 games) is an aberration, until proven otherwise.

I hear you. I just get a little tired of hearing the whole "Garoppolo is injury prone" thing. I mean, K. Alonso tackles him and falls on his shoulder - shoulder sprain and he's out for a few games but Brady returns in the meantime. (Same type of play where Barr falls on Rodgers - Rodgers is out for almost the whole season with a broken collarbone.) Big Q. Williams gets Garoppolo by the ankle - high ankle sprain. Injuries are a part of football and I'm hoping Garoppolo can stay healthy going forward. I believe having a better Center where you're not relying on guys like Garland or your 4th stringer game after game will help out a lot.

I am thinking - maybe a little hoping - that starting 19 straight games like last year wasn't an aberration. You can take one injury outlook or the other with Garoppolo - I'm choosing the "glass is half full" outlook on him in that area. However, I'm also drafting a good young QB just in case and to give this talented team a better backup plan at the most important position. Right now, I'm just hoping Mullens can make enough plays to get this team in good position to pick up a W vs. the Bills.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by RasSuar:
You could say Kyle took a very meh QB and made him look better with short passing and a strong running game that protected and hid his weaknesses.

You could say that, but it would be dead wrong. If it were so easy to take a meh QB and pump them up in this offense with this line then Mullens would be lighting s**t up. But, alas, he did not.

Where's the, "Did we just become best friends? Yup!" meme?

You could say that Garoppolo looked incredible, when he was playing naturally, with more confidence, and literally NO talent around him in 2017.

You could say that Shanahan actually continued to make him look worse, question his own ability, and broke him by overloading him with a playbook and a coaching ego that eradicated what made Garoppolo look so damn good...playing loose and getting a feel for the game.

Shanahan can scheme guys open but I can't seem to see where he's made a QB look better and truly groomed them and built them up vs almost getting in a pissing contest with them that shatters their confidence.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
You could say Kyle took a very meh QB and made him look better with short passing and a strong running game that protected and hid his weaknesses.

You could say that, but it would be dead wrong. If it were so easy to take a meh QB and pump them up in this offense with this line then Mullens would be lighting s**t up. But, alas, he did not.

You could say that Garoppolo looked incredible, when he was playing naturally, with more confidence, and literally NO talent around him in 2017.

You could say that Shanahan actually continued to make him look worse, question his own ability, and broke him by overloading him with a playbook and a coaching ego that eradicated what made Garoppolo look so damn good...playing loose and getting a feel for the game.

Shanahan can scheme guys open but I can't seem to see where he's made a QB look better and truly groomed them and built them up vs almost getting in a pissing contest with them that shatters their confidence.
He's made 90% of the QBs he coached a lot better
So Kyle shouldn't expect an NFL QB to be able to handle his playbook? Kyle shouldnt expect a professional to be able to take constructive criticism? That's some Dante Pettis Ahkello Witherspoon energy right there.

[ Edited by Hysterikal on Nov 30, 2020 at 9:26 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Who?

Who?

He hasn't done anything with any QB here except garoppolo, including a guy like Beathard who he took in the third friggin round.

Who?

He hasn't done anything with any QB here except garoppolo, including a guy like Beathard who he took in the third friggin round.
Who?.. Do you not know Shanny before he was our HC ? Shanny has done a lot for the 49ers if you haven't noticed.

Every QB is a crapshoot, the odds get worse after the first round. Sorry you expected Beathard to be a HOF'r
When is Jimmy coming back?
Originally posted by Joecool:

This week?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by Joecool:

This week?

Week 15.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Week 15.

Against Cowboys.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Or the guy he identified as the best QB in the 2017 draft and the only QB he was interested in.

Let's not even mention his name. He got outplayed by a UDFA and has never even come close to retaking his backup role again.
I think he does make QBs appear better given the time. His scouting is in question though.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Your clips aren't helping you at all.

Giants trash team.
Chargers pre- season scout defense.
Packers bring the house and miss therefore the Red Sea splits open, lucky.
There are no top defenses in the Big Ten West

Guy has one lucky play. He's immobile and gets blasted against first string defenses therefore he stays on the bench even behind a crap QB like Mullens like you said. But by all means carry on bro!

OMG lol who cares if they're trash teams or in the pre-season...mobile is mobile. So if Rivers is playing against a trash team in the pre-season he's running for a 60+ yard TD?

I'm not calling him Kap, I'm saying he isn't an immobile QB (he's probably the most athletic QB we have which isn't saying much). He get's blasted in the pocket because he can't process the field quick enough, his "internal clock" is awful. He simply holds onto the ball too long. That doesn't make him immobile.

Ultimately who cares...it's Beathard
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 1, 2020 at 6:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone