LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
My 78 year old father said this to me today:

"Watching Alex Smith throw the ball makes me truly realize how terrible Jimmy's arm is. Alex's throws look like lasers by comparison."

Alex Smith throws. That is the measuring stick at this point. SMFH.

Did you and your father forget that Garoppolo has been hurt all year, which has hurt his ability to throw deep and accurate balls? Jimmy has consistency problems due to lack of reps, but he has already proven he can make all the throws, he just cant make them consistently yet. In 2017 he was throwing darts. He shredded the Saints last year. Its pretty obvious he was throwing on one leg this season.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Let's package Jimmy for Watson

Watson sure does throw a beautiful deep ball.

WOULD not matter, Shanny won't call for deep balls..

The problem with Jimmy is he can't make all the throws.

.. IF Grappy can't make all the throws, then why did our HC agreed to trade for him? I don't get that part.. he and Lynch are supposed to be close and I'm sure Lynch would have agreed for Kyle to have gone w/CJ if that was the case.

.. the problem here is that Kyle be playing his stupid POKER game, often he stated that he wanted Cousins more, but who is he joking, he just said that just in case it doesn't work out with Jimmy... He'd have that excuse that he didn't get his QB.

.. after the season, he'll have another chance to get the QB of his choice.. he can cut Jimmy if he wants, and he can even trade for which ever QB he likes..

we all shall see !!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

The problem with Jimmy is he can't make all the throws.

.. IF Grappy can't make all the throws, then why did our HC agreed to trade for him? I don't get that part.. he and Lynch are supposed to be close and I'm sure Lynch would have agreed for Kyle to have gone w/CJ if that was the case.

.. the problem here is that Kyle be playing his stupid POKER game, often he stated that he wanted Cousins more, but who is he joking, he just said that just in case it doesn't work out with Jimmy... He'd have that excuse that he didn't get his QB.

.. after the season, he'll have another chance to get the QB of his choice.. he can cut Jimmy if he wants, and he can even trade for which ever QB he likes..

we all shall see !!!

The 2017 version of Jimmy is what Kyle and John traded for. He was making all the throws that year, he was on fire. He got the monster contract from those 5 games. He just isn't the same player who was throwing darts in '17 and leading the team to the Super Bowl last year. He's older and injury prone now. We won't know if he can get it back until he's healthy again and that probably won't happen until next year.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 26, 2020 at 10:00 PM ]

"Watching Alex Smith throw the ball makes me truly realize how terrible Jimmy's arm is. Alex's throws look like lasers by comparison."

An old, out of his prime Alex has a way stronger arm than Jimmy
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

Jimmy and Alex have around the same arm strength. Alex never had a strong arm.

Alex has such a long wind up compared to Jimmy. jimmy's quick release + gunslinger mentality is what set him apart when he first took the field for us.

alex could never do what Jimmy did with a makeshift roster back in 2017. alex had a great 2017 season- taking him 12 years to do it. Jimmy did showed more in less than 10 starts than Alex showed in 10 years. laughable comparisons lol

imagine wishing Jimmy had any "talent" of Alex Smith lol
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Nov 26, 2020 at 10:14 PM ]

Alex's arm is stronger in 2020.
this thread is ridiculous lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Lol no kidding, now we're using grandpa's as reliable sources.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Nov 26, 2020 at 10:38 PM ]

A lot of fans, me included, are frustrated by being catfished by fake franchise QBs. First Kap and now this guy.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Jimmy needs a grandpa that actually knows the position
The media is talking Alex vs. Jimmy also. s**t

• mayo49
  • Veteran

A lot of fans, me included, are frustrated by being catfished by fake franchise QBs. First Kap and now this guy.

Both took us to the Super Bowl - but, both went down hill after their appearances.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Lol no kidding, now we're using grandpa's as reliable sources.

Lmao!!!

Not true . If the QB has an arm then he calls for deep balls. We went from not seeing any deep balls for over a year with Jimmy then Mullens to seeing deep balls from CJ on his very first drive when Mullens was benched. He missed by a lot, but it was interesting to see how quick the offense changed when we had a QB with an arm in there.
Share 49ersWebzone