There are 153 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Jonnydel says Rich knows his stuff... which makes this hurt more:

Let's bring Alex Smith back to the Bay

Alex on the cheap mentoring Trey Lance or Zach Wilson
Cousins is starting to make really nice throws in that offense.

Lance is an unnecessary risk that I don't see them even considering.
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Nov 22, 2020 at 7:35 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
You don't get rid of Jimmy unless his replacement is a guarantee. Otherwise you end up with another Kap. You fix the O line and get whoever the QB is a legit deep threat playmaker wr in the Julio Jones/DK Metcalf mold.

ONE smart guy here... I totally agree.. just because Grappy's hurtin again this year, it doesn't mean we can't win with him.. the fact is, we've won with him and we've never won w/o him....

Shanahan has proven one thing during this BAD season... and that is he's an OVERRATED head coach.. he may be a GREAT play designer, but he's got long ways to go before getting to that ELITE level as a HC..

decisions alone on who makes the team was so bad this year... in fact, he reminds me so much of Bilick who was so arrogant that he thinks HIS system can win w/any talent or players he chooses to use..
I don't speak Italian but does Garoppolo mean "grab your pole" or "grope your pole"?
I'm telling ya'll Carr has been looking good in year 2 of Gruden's offense.

Mariota is his back- up might want to kick the tires on him as a temporary option. He's hitting free agency and should be cheap, can move and might be learning how to get better.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:

Mariota is his back- up might want to kick the tires on him as a temporary option. He's hitting free agency and should be cheap, can move and might be learning how to get better.

isnt this grudens 3rd year ?
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by tommyncal:
How are you going to improve the OL next year, with hardly any cap room.

Starting 2021 OL: LT- Skule / LG-Tomlinson / C- Richburg / RG- McKivitz / RT- McGlinchey and thats assuming Richburg is healthy. Also, there are zero cornerbacks under contract for 2021.

Definitely keeping Williams. Cap room can easily be made if you're concerned about that.

How? I don't understand the cap completely, but if the expected cap, for next year is $176M and the niners have approximately $156M contracted, leaving just under $20M to spend.
How do you sign:
T Williams @ $15M +
J Verrett @ $8-10M
K Williams @ $7-8M
E Moseley @ $4-5M . . . . no backup QB or another dozen backup players.

I don't think it will be 176mil. 175 is the floor. 176 simply won't work for most teams.

We can save 6.4 mil in cap space in cutting Ford.

3 mil on Richburg if he still isn't playing (if he's good then obviously keep him.

1.6 on Nzeocha

1 mil on Travis Benjamin

850k on chris Thompson

Some other options are still out there like restructuring contracts. Especially considering the once in a lifetime circumstances

I also don't think we can keep all 3 CB you mentioned. Hope they don't pay Verrett that much. Haven't we learned from our mistakes. Dude is the f**kin man when he's out there, but this is the first time in years he's made it out there. Hope he could stay but it has to be super team friendly.

Either way , Trent absolutely needs to be at the top of the list
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Nov 22, 2020 at 7:44 PM ]
You don't get rid of Jimmy unless his replacement is a guarantee. Otherwise you end up with another Kap. You fix the O line and get whoever the QB is a legit deep threat playmaker wr in the Julio Jones/DK Metcalf mold.

That should be easy enough lol. There's at least 3/4 of QBs in the league that would be stoked to have Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and Mostert as weapons. I'm sick and tired of everything having to be in perfect sync for Jimmy in order to succeed. He does nothing elite. I like Jimmy but it's time to get us a QB that can carry the team instead of the team having to carry the QB.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

YOU may be asking the wrong fans, but by now, you should know that because Shanahan loves CJ & M, they are untouchables for a guy like Mariota, or even Rosen..

Cutting CJ would make Shanny's decision to draft the guy as his personal pick look terrible.. SHANNY would not want that..
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

isnt this grudens 3rd year ?
Yes, 2 full years and on his 3rd year.

That should be easy enough lol. There's at least 3/4 of QBs in the league that would be stoked to have Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and Mostert as weapons. I'm sick and tired of everything having to be in perfect sync for Jimmy in order to succeed. He does nothing elite. I like Jimmy but it's time to get us a QB that can carry the team instead of the team having to carry the QB.

Watching Mahommes and Kelce. Wish we had a qb

Originally posted by 9moon:

YOU may be asking the wrong fans, but by now, you should know that because Shanahan loves CJ & M, they are untouchables for a guy like Mariota, or even Rosen..

Cutting CJ would make Shanny's decision to draft the guy as his personal pick look terrible.. SHANNY would not want that..
You don't have to be professional at anything NFL to realize that Mullens is a back- up and that Beathard is a career #3 at best. Beathard needs to go and Mullens if retained needs to keep working on the cheap.

How many games this year did Jimmy had the service of Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and Mostert all on the field at the same time? I'll tell you how many. ONE GAME! Against the Rams and guess what happened on that game? Yeah they dominated a good Rams defense.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

You don't have to be professional at anything NFL to realize that Mullens is a back- up and that Beathard is a career #3 at best. Beathard needs to go and Mullens if retained needs to keep working on the cheap.

no no no ... I am on your side, and I've been posting the hope of finding backup(s) to compete w/CJ & M.. instead of signing a guy like Rosen during the off season, Shanahan continues to show that he still believed in PETTIS - SPOON - CJ - MULLEN.. and where they at now?

Had we given Rosen, or even Mariota a chance to be a backup, who knows..
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

How many games this year did Jimmy had the service of Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and Mostert all on the field at the same time? I'll tell you how many. ONE GAME! Against the Rams and guess what happened on that game? Yeah they dominated a good Rams defense.

Yeah this why the people hoping we lose out will be disappointed. Our offensive guys are coming back except Kittle, but Reed will fill in just fine. We might make the playoffs or just miss it, we aren't going to lose to all these teams coming up. Every game is winnable when we are healthy enough.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Yeah this why the people hoping we lose out will be disappointed. Our offensive guys are coming back except Kittle, but Reed will fill in just fine. We might make the playoffs or just miss it, we aren't going to lose to all these teams coming up. Every game is winnable when we are healthy enough.

I'm not hoping we lose out but I realize that it's prob better for us in the long run. Honestly, when Nick went down I've felt horrible about the rest of the season, he's THAT important. I watch every game hoping to win but at this point I'm not upset with losses.
Share 49erswebzone