There are 132 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
jimmy deserves a shot next year

Gonna be a lot of hissy fits when people see Jimmy in the starting line up for the 9ers next season.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Gonna be a lot of hissy fits when people see Jimmy in the starting line up for the 9ers next season.

Just disappointment. What will over/under be on games before injury? I'm setting the line at 5.5.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Nov 22, 2020 at 4:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by illinois9er:

I disagree. He's proven that he can't stay healthy.

Because the Oline has been crap ever since the time he came here in 2017? All this year has proven is that the team's Oline gets our QBs smashed up not that JG can't stay healthy. Such a ridiculous narrative.

Lots of QBs succeed with subpar offensive lines.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Won't bother me. I don't hate Jimmy, just don't think we will go back to the SB with him as our QB 1. We can definitely make the playoffs with him and compete once there, but IMO no SB.

You don't pay 30 million to a QB who "deserves a shot."
Jonnydel says Rich knows his stuff... which makes this hurt more:

Let's bring Alex Smith back to the Bay
Originally posted by Goatie:

Because the Oline has been crap ever since the time he came here in 2017? All this year has proven is that the team's Oline gets our QBs smashed up not that JG can't stay healthy. Such a ridiculous narrative.

How are you going to improve the OL next year, with hardly any cap room.

Starting 2021 OL: LT- Skule / LG-Tomlinson / C- Richburg / RG- McKivitz / RT- McGlinchey and thats assuming Richburg is healthy. Also, there are zero cornerbacks under contract for 2021.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Jonnydel says Rich knows his stuff... which makes this hurt more:

Let's bring Alex Smith back to the Bay

Alex on the cheap mentoring Trey Lance or Zach Wilson
Originally posted by tommyncal:

Starting 2021 OL: LT- Skule / LG-Tomlinson / C- Richburg / RG- McKivitz / RT- McGlinchey and thats assuming Richburg is healthy. Also, there are zero cornerbacks under contract for 2021.

Definitely keeping Williams. Cap room can easily be made if you're concerned about that.

no better option

no better option

How do you say that? It's minimal dead cap if we cut him. Injured or not he still has trade value.

Also, we really need that cap space to extend Warner in the off-season too. Covid is really going to wreck a lot of team's plans. It looks as if the draft will possibly have 6 guys going in the 1st. Granted Lawrence and Fields are out of our reach but the other 4 are attainable.

no better option

How do you say that? It's minimal dead cap if we cut him. Injured or not he still has trade value.

Also, we really need that cap space to extend Warner in the off-season too. Covid is really going to wreck a lot of team's plans. It looks as if the draft will possibly have 6 guys going in the 1st. Granted Lawrence and Fields are out of our reach but the other 4 are attainable.

we wont draft high enough
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by tommyncal:

Definitely keeping Williams. Cap room can easily be made if you're concerned about that.

How? I don't understand the cap completely, but if the expected cap, for next year is $176M and the niners have approximately $156M contracted, leaving just under $20M to spend.
How do you sign:
T Williams @ $15M +
J Verrett @ $8-10M
K Williams @ $7-8M
E Moseley @ $4-5M . . . . no backup QB or another dozen backup players.
we wont draft high enough

For who? It's starting to look like Wilson will have to be a big trade up candidate now. Lance seems like a realistic target in the middle of the round though. Mac Jones and Trask could possibly even be trade back targets
You don't get rid of Jimmy unless his replacement is a guarantee. Otherwise you end up with another Kap. You fix the O line and get whoever the QB is a legit deep threat playmaker wr in the Julio Jones/DK Metcalf mold.
Share 49erswebzone