Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

Lulz
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well, Chris Simms has reversed course. If MM follows, heed my warning, Jimmy Garoppolo will be back.

This isnt news, but Chris Simms and Kyle are tight from way back , Kyle was a Longhorn WR and Simms was on the Horns also i believe. So as NC says above if Simms thinks Jimmy will be back to start next yr then it most likely is so.

Or he could be hiding his true intentions cause saying anything otherwise could hurt a possible trade. Same thing he did with Aiyuk by not even talking about him
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

Lulz

[ Edited by Rathof44 on Nov 21, 2020 at 8:56 PM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well, Chris Simms has reversed course. If MM follows, heed my warning, Jimmy Garoppolo will be back.

This isnt news, but Chris Simms and Kyle are tight from way back , Kyle was a Longhorn WR and Simms was on the Horns also i believe. So as NC says above if Simms thinks Jimmy will be back to start next yr then it most likely is so.

Or he could be hiding his true intentions cause saying anything otherwise could hurt a possible trade. Same thing he did with Aiyuk by not even talking about him

Kyle I have found is pretty truthful. Perhaps too truthful. You know where people stand with him. Look at Pettis. JG aint in no dog house.
What are the chances the Patriots trade for Jimmy? What could the Niners get for him? Recoup a 3rd? Conditional pick, based on games played?
Originally posted by ShotTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by tommyncal:
l
Originally posted by Heroism:
if he was always hurt theory.. Then he wouldn't have started every game last year. This year wasn't a fluke like 2018. he was targeted

Out of the 5 seasons that Jimmy has started games, he's been hurt for 3 of those(2016, 2018, 2020). I love Jimmy, but durability is absolutely an issue with him.

yep, played less than 60% of games while in SF
He should have missed a game a least in 2019 if he was so injury prone.

I legit can't believe someone would defend a guy saying he's not injury prone, who is injured 50% of his career when asked to be the starter lol

Dude is fragile. Hard to debate that. He was hurt after his starts in NE too. People bring up his winning percentage when he's plays, but if he's in the shop always down for repairs Its like having a 10-2 starting pitcher and thinking he's as good as a 20 game winner without acknowledging the effort and grind of going 200 innings+. I think part of the problem is Jimmy is pretty stationary, has no elusiveness and poor pocket presence. At this stage I think it's beyond his ability to improve on that. We will have to massively upgrade the line and sacrifice other areas to keep under the cap. Or get lucky with a draft pick and build around our strengths with the defense and run game.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I don't know why anyone would be happy to keep Jimmy at the current price tag if we have a chance to upgrade in the draft? Weird.

No way FO is going to take a risk with a rookie and no JG. Too much money is at stake. We cannot afford a worthwhile vet with the cap space or lack there of. So the QB status will remain the same. Stop dreaming out loud lol

There very well may be one free agent who will be much cheaper than Jimmy but still about as good (if last week was any indication, perhaps better), who has also proven to be exceptional at mentoring young QBs. I'll let you guess about which of the not-so-young QBs of which I refer.

Actually, no, perhaps this will remind you?

Originally posted by Gabberwocky:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I don't know why anyone would be happy to keep Jimmy at the current price tag if we have a chance to upgrade in the draft? Weird.

No way FO is going to take a risk with a rookie and no JG. Too much money is at stake. We cannot afford a worthwhile vet with the cap space or lack there of. So the QB status will remain the same. Stop dreaming out loud lol

There very well may be one free agent who will be much cheaper than Jimmy but still about as good (if last week was any indication, perhaps better), who has also proven to be exceptional at mentoring young QBs. I'll let you guess about which of the not-so-young QBs of which I refer.

Actually, no, perhaps this will remind you?

You may consider it an jest, but observe how he played last week. Previous play this year could have been rust, but last week he looked every bit as good if not better than Jimmy.

I can see both sides of keeping/ditching JG, but this really isn't logical reasoning towards keeping the guy. Sam Bradford had 2 seasons of starting/playing 16 games. Are you telling me that he wasn't 'injury prone?' Carson Wentz also has two seasons so far with a full schedule....he is definitely considered 'injury prone.' It's a different measuring stick when it comes to the QB position, and Garoppolo misses way too much time for my liking. Sucks, but it is what it is.

If Garoppolo was a generational type talent like A. Rodgers, I wouldn't even entertain this aspect - but he's not.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Jimmyexcuses 2.0?

Garopologists

Ok, yours is way better
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Jimmyexcuses 2.0?

Garopologists

Ok, yours is way better

Garop-a-blows.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

I can see both sides of keeping/ditching JG, but this really isn't logical reasoning towards keeping the guy. Sam Bradford had 2 seasons of starting/playing 16 games. Are you telling me that he wasn't 'injury prone?' Carson Wentz also has two seasons so far with a full schedule....he is definitely considered 'injury prone.' It's a different measuring stick when it comes to the QB position, and Garoppolo misses way too much time for my liking. Sucks, but it is what it is.

If Garoppolo was a generational type talent like A. Rodgers, I wouldn't even entertain this aspect - but he's not.

My point is not a defense for keeping him. I have already moved on in my mind. But just saying If he was so fragile, he should have missed a game in 2019 with all the hits he took.
My point is not a defense for keeping him. I have already moved on in my mind. But just saying If he was so fragile, he should have missed a game in 2019 with all the hits he took.

And by using Bradford and Wentz as examples, I believe it negates your point. Those guys played full seasons, but both are considered injury prone....same as Garoppolo. This would've been his third full year with SF and not only did he miss time in two of three seasons....he missed most of both those seasons. That pattern is not acceptable from a starting QB.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

And by using Bradford and Wentz as examples, I believe it negates your point. Those guys played full seasons, but both are considered injury prone....same as Garoppolo. This would've been his third full year with SF and not only did he miss time in two of three seasons....he missed most of both those seasons. That pattern is not acceptable from a starting QB.

Those guys has also played a lot more years and multiple types of injuries. If JG wasn't targeted this season we wouldn't be talking about this
Share 49erswebzone