LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
thankfully, im not the only one to make that observation about your lifestyle in this thread. good to see others agree regarding the broken-record you have on Jimmy. it's all good though. also nice to not feel the need to comment about you 24/7, just on occasion.

Welp I'm not gonna stop soooo get use to it buzzy

im aware. hence #lifestyle

and I'm sure you'll keep commenting about it

#youloveme

if I see another poster mention the same thought, pretty much. I will re-emphasize your lifestyle choices.
if I see another poster mention the same thought, pretty much. I will re-emphasize your lifestyle choices.

Feel free to DM me

#youloveme

Feel free to DM me

#youloveme

well no if the other poster posts here it's important to re-emphasize it here then and what I agree with. have to validate people's opinions like you do your own repeatedly.
well no if the other poster posts here it's important to re-emphasize it here then and what I agree with. have to validate people's opinions like you do your own repeatedly.

We need to turn the feud between you two into a reality show. It least it's real.

Overreaction? No.

Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is on the books to make $25.5 million in 2021 in salary and bonuses. The salary cap is expected to drop approximately $20 million next year due to revenues lost this season during the COVID-19 global pandemic.

The 49ers could save $24.1 million on the cap if they move on from Garoppolo.

That move would enable them to make a dent in re-signing some their scheduled free agents, as well as adding pieces from outside the organization.

But, obviously, if the 49ers decide to cut costs with the difficult decision to replace Garoppolo, they would still have to replace Garoppolo. And that will require some dollars, too.

Advertisement

The 49ers will save costs with the departures of some players already under contract, such as Dee Ford ($6.4 million savings) and center Weston Richburg ($4.9 million).

But they will still face challenges to keep a large portion of the roster together.

After all, here is a list of the players scheduled to be unrestricted free agents:

Trent Williams, Richard Sherman, Solomon Thomas, Jaquiski Tartt, Kyle Jusczyk, Tevin Coleman, Kendrick Bourne, K'Waun Williams, Jason Verrett, D.J. Jones, Ronald Blair, Kerry Hyder, Jerick McKinnon, Jordan Reed, Ben Garland, C.J. Beathard, Trent Taylor, Dontae Johnson and Ahkello Witherspoon.

Some of those players, the 49ers will not make any attempt to re-sign. Others, they will desperately want to re-sign.

And here is a list of restricted free agents:

Jeff Wilson, Ross Dwelley, Nick Mullens, Emmanuel Moseley and Marcell Harris.

Bringing back any of those players will not cost a lot, but it each would receive a nice bump in salary.

Plus, linebacker Fred Warner is basically in the same contractual position as George Kittle was a year ago.

Warner is now eligible to negotiate a long-term contract extension. It is reasonable to think he will not take the risk of stepping on the field again after this season without a new contract that will pay him in the neighborhood of Kittle-type money ($15 million a year).

Ultimately, you're correct, the 49ers must make the decision of whether they are getting the best value for their dollar with Garoppolo or whether those dollars can be put to better use elsewhere.

bump*

Looks like I'm not the only one that's been saying this
I know you are, but what am I?

You guys crack me up!

Every time I open up the forum, the JimmyG thread is top or near it. I know going in who is going to have the most posts in the latest page. I'm just curious who he's arguing with....lol

But seriously, this thread is like beating a dead horse. But like NY said, it's slow going right now so what else we gona talk about?

Carry on
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
I know you are, but what am I?

You guys crack me up!

Every time I open up the forum, the JimmyG thread is top or near it. I know going in who is going to have the most posts in the latest page. I'm just curious who he's arguing with....lol

But seriously, this thread is like beating a dead horse. But like NY said, it's slow going right now so what else we gona talk about?

Carry on

yeah
I feel like the last 100 pages are barely even talking about Jimmy at this point, it's just posters arguing about themselves...

To get back on topic, the biggest debate at this point is: Do we "give up" on 2021 or put all our eggs into the basket of "hopes and wishes" by cutting Jimmy and rolling with a rookie QB? Or, do we bank on a healthier team -- albeit much less talented -- having a shot at the playoffs but iffy chances at anything beyond that?

What can we really buy in 2021 for Jimmy's salary that will help us not lose games if we move on and start someone else next year? That's not an easy question to answer, and it's why I don't see any real reason to move on YET from Jimmy. Give him one last chance while a promising rookie adjusts to the scheme. Whether Jimmy balls out or not, we can trade him in 2022 to save a ton of money and get compensation in return. Use the picks and the cash to continue to build the roster around the young-gun and retain our best players. Boom. Championship.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 24, 2020 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I feel like the last 100 pages are barely even talking about Jimmy at this point, it's just posters arguing about themselves...

To get back on topic, the biggest debate at this point is: Do we "give up" on 2021 or put all our eggs into the basket of "hopes and wishes" by cutting Jimmy and rolling with a rookie QB? Or, do we bank on a healthier team -- albeit much less talented -- having a shot at the playoffs but iffy chances at anything beyond that?

what can we buy in 2021 for Jimmy's salary that will help us not lose games if we move on and start someone else next year? That's not an easy question to answer, and it's why I don't see any real reason to move on YET from Jimmy. Give him one last chance while a promising rookie adjusts to the scheme. Whether Jimmy balls out or not, we can trade him in 2022 to save a ton of money and get compensation in return. Use the picks and the cash to continue to build the roster around the young-gun and retain our best players. Boom. Championship.

I'm all about talking about that.

what can we buy in 2021 for Jimmy's salary that will help us not lose games if we move on and start someone else next year? That's not an easy question to answer, and it's why I don't see any real reason to move on YET from Jimmy. Give him one last chance while a promising rookie adjusts to the scheme. Whether Jimmy balls out or not, we can trade him in 2022 to save a ton of money and get compensation in return. Use the picks and the cash to continue to build the roster around the young-gun and retain our best players. Boom. Championship.

I'm all about talking about that.
it's a crap shoot either way.. but i will take my chances with a rookie stud for the future
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 24, 2020 at 1:19 PM ]

I'm still thinking they'll draft a rookie QB but will sign a bridge QB like Fitzmagic while the rookie gets ready. Somehow like the Dolphins were doing until they brain farted and benched Fitz.

What can we really buy in 2021 for Jimmy's salary that will help us not lose games if we move on and start someone else next year? That's not an easy question to answer, and it's why I don't see any real reason to move on YET from Jimmy. Give him one last chance while a promising rookie adjusts to the scheme. Whether Jimmy balls out or not, we can trade him in 2022 to save a ton of money and get compensation in return. Use the picks and the cash to continue to build the roster around the young-gun and retain our best players. Boom. Championship.

Yup and this is why I keep saying forget a SB in 2021. I think either way we're retooling for a run in 22-23.

Jimmy at the helm with draft of young players or a rookie QB with a more experienced core around him.

I'm on the rookie QB bandwagon (provided our final draft spot makes it a possibility).

I think Jimmy's contract buys us quite a lot. Losing Jimmy and Ford could leave us with 40 odd mil to spend. That's Williams, Juice and a starting secondary at least, plus some reasonable depth.

Keeping Jimmy with a worse secondary and at best the same if not worse OLine is not going to get Jimmy playing better, and that's if it doesn't get him injured.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
I'm still thinking they'll draft a rookie QB but will sign a bridge QB like Fitzmagic while the rookie gets ready. Somehow like the Dolphins were doing until they brain farted and benched Fitz.
i would like to have Fitzmagic, but Fitz pointed out and took it hard when he was benched for Tua.. does he want to put himslef in that situation again ?
thankfully, im not the only one to make that observation about your lifestyle in this thread. good to see others agree regarding the broken-record you have on Jimmy. it's all good though. also nice to not feel the need to comment about you 24/7, just on occasion.

Oh come on!!

NY... Juss hurry N tell the dude if you're single or not so we can get back to the 49ers.
Originally posted by random49er:

Oh come on!!

NY... Juss hurry N tell the dude if you're single or not so we can get back to the 49ers.

Lol
Share 49ersWebzone