Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
what a great play by jimmy

That's the throw i clocked at 47 MPH.

Mahomes would have thrown it 97 MPH.

Kap would have thrown it at 200mph. But no one would have caught it.

I was going to say, definitely Kap lol
You and your ilk are 100% proof of the bolded.

How about this, what would you have the 49ers do RIGHT NOW? You and others have spent the better part of this entire season complaining about Jimmy, but the only ideas I've heard are start Nick or CJ () and trade for Darnold (). Do you agree with either of these? If not, what do you propose?

I'm only speaking for myself, but I've said over and over that they should restructure his contract (which basically keeps him in SF thru 2022). I would use a top 50 pick on a rookie QB, let him sit for a yr and develop.

That restructured contract will allow SF to resign some dudes. Once Shanny thinks the rookie is ready to play, I'm gonna trade Jimmy to the highest bidder (Chicago seems logical even NE). We then have a rookie QB on a rookie contract and that allows SF to upgrade and resign whomever. Gives them some breathing room. Plus we have some new raft capital in the trade.

NOW if Jimmy goes on to win a SB or take his play to the next level...give him an extension. I'm NOT in favor of just riding out his 2 yr deal and having no legit QB behind him to develop.

Is that a ridicules plan?
This team is lost without him. All hail handsome jimmy. Suck it jimmy haters
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
You and your ilk are 100% proof of the bolded.

How about this, what would you have the 49ers do RIGHT NOW? You and others have spent the better part of this entire season complaining about Jimmy, but the only ideas I've heard are start Nick or CJ () and trade for Darnold (). Do you agree with either of these? If not, what do you propose?

I'm only speaking for myself, but I've said over and over that they should restructure his contract (which basically keeps him in SF thru 2022). I would use a top 50 pick on a rookie QB, let him sit for a yr and develop.

That restructured contract will allow SF to resign some dudes. Once Shanny thinks the rookie is ready to play, I'm gonna trade Jimmy to the highest bidder (Chicago seems logical even NE). We then have a rookie QB on a rookie contract and that allows SF to upgrade and resign whomever. Gives them some breathing room. Plus we have some new raft capital in the trade.

NOW if Jimmy goes on to win a SB or take his play to the next level...give him an extension. I'm NOT in favor of just riding out his 2 yr deal and having no legit QB behind him to develop.

Is that a ridicules plan?

In the middle of the season you'd restructure his contract?
Here we go with this BS about struggling with deep passes. This has been covered. But if you'd like to be taken seriously, provide some statistical evidence that Jimmy "struggles on deep passes."

He's got to throw it deep to have any substantial statistical evidence lol.

Currently he's got the 2nd lowest IAY (intended air yards) in the league. Which basically means Kyle isn't allowing/calling plays downfield (or Jimmy isn't attempting them overall).

Jimmy's CAY (completed air yards) is the lowest in the league. So his completed passes are going the shortest in the NFL as well....in 2019 his IAY was damn near identical as 2020. His CAY was a little better, but still not great (I believe like 10th worst)

His Air Yards to the Sticks (AYTS) is also near or at the bottom of the league in 2019/2020. So basically he's relying on his player to get YAC. I mean we all see this week to week...numbers clearly back it up

overall hard to say if he is good or struggles, he doesn't really throw it downfield enough to get a large enough sample size IMO.

I did like what I saw with him and Aiyuk, only been two games together...there could be a real connection there though.

Time will tell!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 30, 2020 at 7:02 AM ]

End of the yr....this yr he's the man in SF . No one should be saying otherwise. we need cap space for 2021

I have my issues with him & how the scheme is suppose to run BUT that's just speculation (god forbid lol). He's got the rest of the yr to dial it up...we will see!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

End of the yr....this yr he's the man in SF . No one should be saying otherwise. we need cap space for 2021

I have my issues with him & how the scheme is suppose to run BUT that's just speculation (god forbid lol). He's got the rest of the yr to dial it up...we will see!

I don't disagree with anything you're saying. So why waste so much time being negative about him DURING the current season? That's the part I don't understand. Not saying you in particular, I just meant in general for the Jimmy haters.

I have my issues with him & how the scheme is suppose to run BUT that's just speculation

[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 30, 2020 at 7:08 AM ]
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

I have my issues with him & how the scheme is suppose to run BUT that's just speculation

I don't disagree with anything you're saying. So why waste so much time being negative about him DURING the current season? That's the part I don't understand. Not saying you in particular, I just meant in general for the Jimmy haters.

For me it was just recognizing what he does well and possibly not so well. I guess just critiquing him (which we do for all the players).

I'm in the group that thinks he's good not great...he's the man in SF this yr, but IMO if you don't have an elite QB or a young up in coming rookie QB (on a rookie contract) you should be looking to develop someone. We know Mullens and CJ are and both are FAs after this yr.

As far as the straight up Jimmy haters, QB position is polarizing. Guys are always gonna go over the top to love the QB regardless and people are gonna hate him regardless.

I don't think there are too many haters. More doubters than haters. The 2018 injury and the ankle injury this year have kept Jimmy out of enough games that it's hard to make a final opinion on him. That's why many of us doubters are giving him the rest of this year to show marked improvement. Even if he plays well enough to earn a new extension on his contract, I would look at drafting a QB if there is someone they like. Not in the early rounds but someone they can groom that has more mobility. Mullens or CJ could leave as free agents.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 30, 2020 at 7:45 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't think there are too many haters. More doubters than haters. The 2018 injury and the ankle injury this year have kept Jimmy out of enough games that it's hard to make a final opinion on him. That's why many of us doubters are giving him the rest of this year to show marked improvement. Even if he plays well enough to earn a new extension on his contract, I would look at drafting a QB if there is someone they like. Not in the early rounds but someone they can groom that has more mobility. Mullens or CJ could leave as free agents.

yeah, doubters is a better term. and understandable. I think the term "hater" only applies to literal trolls.
Well trying your hardest to get doubters to react day after day is trolling as well... Under the guise of being a "committed fan."

It's even worse,... IMO.
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 30, 2020 at 8:09 AM ]
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

yeah, doubters is a better term. and understandable. I think the term "hater" only applies to literal trolls.
we will see how the so called doubters react when there isn't a huge passing game or a loss to a tough opponent.
Originally posted by random49er:
Well trying your hardest to get doubters to react day after day is trolling as well... Under the guise of being a "committed fan."

It's even worse,... IMO.

I agree. any idea who is doing this?
Share 49ersWebzone