There are 193 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
what a great play by jimmy

love having a QB that can improvise and make off-schedule plays like the elite QB's

Lol I wouldn't go that far for a bad snap but to each their own

That's the throw i clocked at 47 MPH.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

love having a QB that can improvise and make off-schedule plays like the elite QB's

Lol I wouldn't go that far for a bad snap but to each their own

Originally posted by jonnydel:

Also wasn't that the same(or similar play) to earlier in the game when Jimmy completed a pass to kittle? Where we ran a wide out to the flat, and Kittle(this time Juice) faked a block then ran a skinny slant/post route?
[ Edited by Thanos89 on Oct 29, 2020 at 6:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Thanos89:

Also wasn't that the same(or similar play) to earlier in the game when Jimmy completed a pass to kittle? Where we ran a wide out to the flat, and Kittle(this time Juice) faked a block then ran a skinny slant/post route?

Good eye, yes it was. It's what makes Kyle awesome and how he hides plays. It's the same playbwith different personnel so the defense can't clue it.

Good eye, yes it was. It's what makes Kyle awesome and how he hides plays. It's the same playbwith different personnel so the defense can't clue it.

Great job by Kyle

Thought so, the fact that Jimmy was able to save that bad snap is what also probably led to him throwing it slightly off target, due to it throwing off the timing (but juice did what good players do, catch the ball if it hits you in the hands). Awesome to see. Kyle a modern day Walsh.
I'm just here to bump this thread to the top since there was 3 above it.
Originally posted by random49er:
As NY would say, refer to post #58232. It has me acknowledging that he can certainly make the throws. He also has issues with the same throws, as I said before you ever replied.

A video doesn't refute anything when it's already been said 8 posts above yours on the same page that he CAN,...and that consistency is the issue in a number of areas and it ultimately (probably) relates to not having an elite arm in all areas, like a # of other QBs.

Beyond that, I was responding to jonny to begin with, making the simple argument that it's not elite and it's not an issue 49ers fans have just made up. The audio you refuse to acknowledge proves it's been an issue noticed by onlookers since then, before the 49ers. He has strengths, but he has weaknesses too. It's a 4+ year old clip!

Both teams have seen elite players at the QB position for multiple decades. NE and the 49ers are spoiled, but the ones that have been around know what's what.

Not going to delve any deeper with you due to where it ends up, which is off the topic of football.

atta boy
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Mahomes would have thrown it 97 MPH.

Originally posted by Furlow:

behind his back
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

Kap would have thrown it at 200mph. But no one would have caught it.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

And look, Jimmy can adjust and get positive yards in the passing game when his tackles and his IOL aren't immediately beat at the snap.

You betcha

Close. Several of Mahomes throws have been clocked at over 60 mph.

But who cares? Throw speed is not hugely important as long as it's not terribly below average. Jimmy's lack of consistent accuracy is more of a problem than his arm strength. I don't think his arm strength is why he struggles on deep passes.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BumCity:

Close. Several of Mahomes throws have been clocked at over 60 mph.

But who cares? Throw speed is not hugely important as long as it's not terribly below average. Jimmy's lack of consistent accuracy is more of a problem than his arm strength. I don't think his arm strength is why he struggles on deep passes.

Here we go with this BS about struggling with deep passes. This has been covered. But if you'd like to be taken seriously, provide some statistical evidence that Jimmy "struggles on deep passes."
Share 49ersWebzone