LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Furlow:
"I don't think his (Garoppolo) arm strength is quite where Brady's is."

"He can get the deep ball down the field, he has pretty good touch on the deep ball."

"When it comes to throwing from one hash to the opposite side, those throws take, it seems like, an extra beat to get there."

"The very quick release is obviously there. Very accurate. Incredibly accurate. Ball out of his hand quickly. "

"When it comes to the sheer power of his arm, and the velocity that he's able to put on the ball, it's just not where Tom Brady is right now."

In summary, he's accurate. No, very accurate. I'm sorry, "incredibly" accurate. Quick release. Gets the ball out quickly. But his arm strength "isn't quite as good as Brady."

Sounds about right to me, great find. If you were trying to prove yourself wrong that is.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/jimmy-garoppolos-arm-strength-issue

You left out the endangering his players-sometimes, and the floaters-sometimes, but nevertheless, handshake. No one has said Jimmy cant complete a deep ball. He can,...but if it's in stride it's usually going to be between the hashes.

Let me skip to it: How am I able to find talk radio discuss the same issues we're saying now in only a 90 second clip from his play on a different team 4 years ago?

You'd think I'd have to find it somewhere in the middle of a 15 minute clip, right?

What are the odds of that if it's just our imagination? I dont have the advantage of time travel, just so you know.
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 29, 2020 at 3:09 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:

"He can get the deep ball down the field, he has pretty good touch on the deep ball."

"When it comes to throwing from one hash to the opposite side, those throws take, it seems like, an extra beat to get there."

"The very quick release is obviously there. Very accurate. Incredibly accurate. Ball out of his hand quickly. "

"When it comes to the sheer power of his arm, and the velocity that he's able to put on the ball, it's just not where Tom Brady is right now."

In summary, he's accurate. No, very accurate. I'm sorry, "incredibly" accurate. Quick release. Gets the ball out quickly. But his arm strength "isn't quite as good as Brady."

Sounds about right to me, great find. If you were trying to prove yourself wrong that is.

You left out the endangering his players-sometimes, and the floaters-sometimes, but nevertheless, handshake.

Why would I be finding talk radio discuss the same issues we're saying now in a 90 second clip from his play 4 years ago?

What are the odds of that if it's just our imagination? I dont have the advantage of time travel, just so you know.

"Sometimes?" Lol stop. He was analyzing ONE game and ONE throw in particular. Dude, you are making a fool out of yourself.

NO ONE is making the case that JG is Dan Marino and can make every throw. Yes his arm is limited, but it's plenty good enough to make plenty of throws to be a top 10 or top 5 QB.
[ Edited by Furlow on Oct 29, 2020 at 3:08 PM ]

You left out the endangering his players-sometimes, and the floaters-sometimes, but nevertheless, handshake.

Why would I be finding talk radio discuss the same issues we're saying now in a 90 second clip from his play 4 years ago?

"Sometimes?" Lol stop. He was analyzing ONE game and ONE throw in particular. Dude, you are making a fool out of yourself.

NO ONE is making the case that JG is Dan Marino and can make every throw. Yes his arm is limited, but it's plenty good enough to make plenty of throws to be a top 10 or top 5 QB.
Sometimes, if that doesn't describe every QB in history..idk what does
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 29, 2020 at 3:10 PM ]

This is EXTREMELY FALSE. Relisten.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
His arm strength isn't good enough to be accurate like alot of other QBs down the field and outside the hashes.

?

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/jimmy-garoppolos-arm-strength-issue

?

You're digging a hole now. We're supposed to "listen" to opinions as opposed to "seeing" proof?

Originally posted by cortana49:

You're digging a hole now. We're supposed to "listen" to opinions as opposed to "seeing" proof?

Proof of what??

Why were they discussing the same exact issues, discussing the same criticisms, 4 years ago w/a different team?

Do the issues they were discussing just "not exist" ??
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 29, 2020 at 3:13 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

This is EXTREMELY FALSE. Relisten.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Sometimes, if that doesn't describe every QB in history..idk what does

Random, go sit down somewhere and have a drink.

You already agreed with me. Why you still replying aside from hurt feelings? Reality is what it is.

Still no legit answers on why they were discussing that stuff from you guys. Maybe it's because they're a little true?
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 29, 2020 at 3:16 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cortana49:
His arm strength isn't good enough to be accurate like alot of other QBs down the field and outside the hashes.

?

?

I listened to the whole thing. It literally proved him wrong on a variety of levels. Lol.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Come on, Garoppy!

No Arm Strength, No Accuracy, No insert extreme opinion

With all that "NO" how do we even score points !!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

You already agreed with me. Why you still replying aside from hurt feelings?

I agreed with you that his arm "isn't quite as good as Tom Brady's." Yeah no s**t. But you and others make it sound like his arm strength is so bad that he can't make any throws. The interview that you posted literally says he can throw the deep ball WITH TOUCH. It also says that he's "incredibly accurate" which is in complete opposition to what the JG hater crew says in here. You literally posted an interview that proved you wrong. Lol.
I listened to the whole thing. It literally proved him wrong on a variety of levels. Lol.

If it makes you feel better, put me in the "wrong" category. Lol,...I really dont care as much as you think I do.

Now back to the real discussion, which was about the 49ers -- not me -- and Quarterback elite arm strength.

You agreed with the audio, so then you agreed that it's missing in some key areas. We are done here, aren't we?
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 29, 2020 at 3:19 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

If it makes you feel better, put me in the "wrong" category. Lol,...I really dont care as much as you think I do.

Now back to the real discussion, which was about the 49ers -- not me -- and Quarterback elite arm strength.

You agreed with the audio, so then you agreed that it's missing in some key areas. We are done here, aren't we?

I don't even think Brady has "elite arm strength." There are maybe 2-3 QB's that fit that definition. So should that be the #1 criteria for us in looking for JG's replacement? Is that the argument you're really trying to make here?

And yes, I agreed with the audio. 95% good things to say about Jimmy.

?

?

i literally just debunked the "outside of the field hash mark" crap from his last game played to your face.

I just showed you that and disproved that b******t statement. yet your retort is a talk show. lol ok?
Share 49ersWebzone