Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Dude just stop already..

Julio... let's just talk Julio ok..

Look what sanders, an experienced veteran did for jimmy and the offense last year.

Ryan had/has Julio.. no comparison right there to who jimmy EVER has had.

Ryan didn't come off an ACL.. Ryan's o-line player together more that year then any of our o-lines since Jimmy was here. f**k, Ryan played how many games BEFORE getting Kyle.. jimmy didn't.

Ryan's starting center seemed like a constant for the year also!!

Julio would bail most qb's out of a lot of throws. It can not be understated what. True top wide receiver does for an offense.
Look at Murray with Hopkins now.. that his constant go to because he knows Hopkins will catch it..

Another thing that can't be understated is the number of games jimmy has played. Still hasn't been a lot.

And all you saying "Jimmys got More playmakers then any other team!"

GTFOH!!

This year, how many games has Deebo (to even claim he's a #1.. come on) kittle, (a f**king rookie) & mostert been in??
f**k, how many HEALTHY SNAPS??!!

Murray's got HOPKINS, Isabella, Kirk, & Fitzgerald... it's not even fair.
How many games has Hopkins who is the best receiver in the nfl & Fitz missed this year!!??

And Should we start talking about the O-line and what a f**king revolving door that's been since Jimmy walked through the door?

QUICK SOMEONE NAME ALL THE STARTING CENTERS JIMMY'S HAD PLAYING FOR THE 49'ERS!!

What a f**king joke.. haven't been able to solidify the CENTER POSITION due to injuries & whatever, & blame jimmy for not stepping into his f**king throws! Lol

What a f**king clown show in here.

Wahhh that's all I here in this comment...poor Jimmy he has a horrible team around him. Wahhh Julio Jones, Julio Jones blah blah blah.

Jesus dude SF has one of the best rosters in football! They have one of the best defenses in football and best running games in football the past yr in a half. All-pro TE. Two WRs drafted in the top 36. And offensive line made up of 4 lineman drafted in the top 50. You don't think Matt Ryan didn't deal with players getting injured ever?

Poor Jimmy how does he do it? He doesn't have an all-star center...

Only clown show in here are the people that makeup excuse after excuse for a player and can't look at ANY player objectively apparently. People that hate on Jimmy are just as bad...the fact that you can't accept that Matt Ryan is just a better QB, shows that you can't be objective on this topic.

Also saying Ryan is better doesn't mean Jimmy blows either...ryan is a MVP, 4x pro-bowler, all-pro, offensive player of the yr, offensive rookie of the yr etc...no reason to hate on a good player just cause.

Quit the BS. This is a good god damn team. Yes Jimmy is part of that, but stop acting like he's playing with the 2015 SF personnel.

Shanahan lost a SB with both.

There have been a lot of injuries to this team. Their best back is our, rheir best wide receiver missed games, tthenall world TE missed gan
Mws, JG was hurt.

The OL has some bad first rd picks on it.

Shanahan picked Beathard over Mahomes and Watson. Jimmy G is the guy Kyle is building around. Next coach can draft a guy.

Lol yup Shanny is the problem then, gotcha...can't be Jimmy at all no way no how. He's d be a super-star on another team for sure
Dude just stop already..

Look what sanders, an experienced veteran did for jimmy and the offense last year.

Ryan didn't come off an ACL.. Ryan's o-line player together more that year then any of our o-lines since Jimmy was here. f**k, Ryan played how many games BEFORE getting Kyle.. jimmy didn't.

Julio would bail most qb's out of a lot of throws. It can not be understated what. True top wide receiver does for an offense.
Look at Murray with Hopkins now.. that his constant go to because he knows Hopkins will catch it..

Another thing that can't be understated is the number of games jimmy has played. Still hasn't been a lot.

GTFOH!!

This year, how many games has Deebo (to even claim he's a #1.. come on) kittle, (a f**king rookie) & mostert been in??

How many games has Hopkins who is the best receiver in the nfl & Fitz missed this year!!??

And Should we start talking about the O-line and what a f**king revolving door that's been since Jimmy walked through the door?

QUICK SOMEONE NAME ALL THE STARTING CENTERS JIMMY'S HAD PLAYING FOR THE 49'ERS!!

What a f**king joke.. haven't been able to solidify the CENTER POSITION due to injuries & whatever, & blame jimmy for not stepping into his f**king throws! Lol

Wahhh that's all I here in this comment...poor Jimmy he has a horrible team around him. Wahhh Julio Jones, Julio Jones blah blah blah.

Jesus dude SF has one of the best rosters in football! They have one of the best defenses in football and best running games in football the past yr in a half. All-pro TE. Two WRs drafted in the top 36. And offensive line made up of 4 lineman drafted in the top 50. You don't think Matt Ryan didn't deal with players getting injured ever?

Only clown show in here are the people that makeup excuse after excuse for a player and can't look at ANY player objectively apparently. People that hate on Jimmy are just as bad...the fact that you can't accept that Matt Ryan is just a better QB, shows that you can't be objective on this topic.

Also saying Ryan is better doesn't mean Jimmy blows either...ryan is a MVP, 4x pro-bowler, all-pro, offensive player of the yr, offensive rookie of the yr etc...no reason to hate on a good player just cause.

Quit the BS. This is a good god damn team. Yes Jimmy is part of that, but stop acting like he's playing with the 2015 SF personnel.

There have been a lot of injuries to this team. Their best back is our, rheir best wide receiver missed games, tthenall world TE missed gan
Mws, JG was hurt.

Shanahan picked Beathard over Mahomes and Watson. Jimmy G is the guy Kyle is building around. Next coach can draft a guy.

Lol yup Shanny is the problem then, gotcha...can't be Jimmy at all no way no how. He's d be a super-star on another team for sure

no one here said Shanny was a or is the problem about anything. just dropping the reality about what he wanted.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 28, 2020 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I tend to agree. Excluding all other factors, Jimmy alone by himself seems like a good QB, but not necessarily great. However, I do think there's reason to believe that he would play like a Top 10 QB if he had an All-Star offensive supporting cast around him. Our WRs are nowhere near top of the league, nor is our PP. I'd prefer to upgrade the latter FIRST, but both need to be addressed for the offense to take it to the next level with Jimmy still being the QB.

I do favor us still looking for another QB to groom. I don't ever want to be in a position where our season is shot because of a QB injury.

The fact that you think Jimmy needs an all-star offensive supporting personnel is exactly why I don't think he's a great QB...he's fine for now. They should try to develop a young QB with upside behind him

NYN, you said pretty much the same exact thing as me lol. In other posts, I've said we need to groom someone as well. My honest opinion at this point is that while Jimmy can periodically flash some brilliance, outside of that -- overall and cumulatively -- he is just a mostly good/above average/mid-tier QB. At the end of the day, I do not see him as a guy that possesses all the traits of a bonafide superstar QB.

We can certainly win with him, but if I'm calling the shots, I definitely don't let that stop me from picking a top QB prospect that I think could be even better.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 28, 2020 at 7:55 AM ]
just because he's still the starting QB doesn't mean we can't stop adding pieces and players around him to help him and the entire offense continue to take it up another notch. Shanahan and the coaches aren't going to stop adding play-makers to help the offense just because he's "fine" for now.

I never said stop doing that...I'm saying it's not a reason to why Jimmy isn't a great QB right now. Also if OTC thinks Jimmy needs a all-star cast around him to be a top 10 QB how does that make him a great QB? It's the same BS excuse I'm hear in here about Matt Ryan, he's only good because of all the talent around him.

i mean it is nice that Ryan had guys like Roddy White and Julio his entire career lol
Dude just stop already..

GTFOH!!

Mws, JG was hurt.

For this year. A lot of speculation that Jimmy is under evaluation for next year and beyond. He's getting a healthy salary next year. Hope Jimmy gets better so we aren't back to a Hoyer type at QB. I don't think it's a certainty right now.

I think pre-ACL and last year don't matter that much. In regards to next year, what he does this year is the measuring stick. Remember, this is year two post-ACL and he has experience now.
i mean it is nice that Ryan had guys like Roddy White and Julio his entire career lol

Deebo and Aiyuk will both end up being much better than Roddy White. Julio is first ballot though

We have stud WRs now. Enjoy them
Originally posted by sacniner:

Deebo and Aiyuk will both end up being much better than Roddy White. Julio is first ballot though

We have stud WRs now. Enjoy them

hope so
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
For this year. A lot of speculation that Jimmy is under evaluation for next year and beyond. He's getting a healthy salary next year. Hope Jimmy gets better so we aren't back to a Hoyer type at QB. I don't think it's a certainty right now.

I think pre-ACL and last year don't matter that much. In regards to next year, what he does this year is the measuring stick. Remember, this is year two post-ACL and he has experience now.

They could've restructured Jimmy to save a ton of cap space (but locking him in with guarenteed money) but didn't. Probably because we could seriously end up with Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Fitzpatrick, or Dak Prescott next year (listed in order of preference).
[ Edited by All22 on Oct 28, 2020 at 8:28 AM ]
Why do you have to bring up one game about Alex to prove something? I can do that with Jimmy in both playoffs games? Threw the ball 27xs in two games. We can cherry picks stats all day man.

My point is bringing up winning % is dumb. I can point to a ton of QBs that won games, but we can all agree they aren't special players.

I don't care about 2017 anymore and I don't know why people still hold onto that? Yes it was a great little stretch of wins and he looked good. You can't tell me he's played like that overall since then. Wins are wins BUT IMO they've mostly been TEAM wins, not won on the back of our QB. I just want to see more out of our QB...I have no idea why that's such a bad thing in here? He's being paid enough that's for sure.

Yes maybe we shouldn't even compare him until he starts in at least 100 games? The sample sizes aren't close to the same. OR I guess we can say Jimmy is better than Joe Montana who won 69% of his football games I guess he's the greatest QB of all time because the best winning % was Bradshaw at 73%. I know you said winning % is blanket statement, that's why I was responding to THAT post.

Also the reason I've brought up Alex Smith, is because they're in similar situations and IMO are similar talents (I do think Jimmy is better overall). They're good QBs that can win you a bunch of games in the context of their scheme. Neither have a bunch of elite attributes, athletically very similar (actually think Alex was more athletic in his prime). Arm talent is good not great. They aren't vertical passing QBs. Both have dealt with injures etc.

I just don't see the upside of him like others do...it doesn't mean I hate him as a player or don't think we can win with him. I do think his overall ability holds back Kyle's scheme to a point. I have no idea why that equals "reaching" if you don't agree, that's fine.

I've also stated I think they should restructure him, therefor keeping in SF thru 2022. I think they should draft a QB to develop behind Jimmy and trade him once that rookie QB is ready to go...similar to the Alex Smith situation ( a couple times). That doesn't equal me s**tting on our current QB, but if you don't have an elite QB or an up an coming rookie QB (on a rookie paycheck) then you SHOULD always be looking for one.

One big difference was the coaching. If my memory is correct, Alex had 5 different OCs in 5 years. Constant coaching changes and a weak roster for the start of his career. Jimmy was on a SB champion with one of the greatest coaches and greatest QBs to learn from. Then he gets traded to one of the best offensive minds in the game.

Advantage Jimmy.
no one here said Shanny was a or is the problem about anything. just dropping the reality about what he wanted.

He wanted kirk...he drafted one QB on day 3 lol. Relax

NYN, you said pretty much the same exact thing as me lol. In other posts, I've said we need to groom someone as well. My honest opinion at this point is that while Jimmy can periodically flash some brilliance, outside of that -- overall and cumulatively -- he is just a mostly good/above average/mid-tier QB. At the end of the day, I do not see him as a guy that possesses all the traits of a bonafide superstar QB.

We can certainly win with him, but if I'm calling the shots, I definitely don't let that stop me from picking a top QB prospect that I think could be even better.

Agreed
Yac bros would have more yac if he threw a better spiral. It's loosey goosey
  • thl408

Agreed

Nice. It's not even 9am here on the west coast and we have that out of the way for today.

He wanted kirk...he drafted one QB on day 3 lol. Relax

sorry you cant handle that reality.

It's nice that Jimmy has had two elite level HCs and programs his whole career and a guy like Kittle/Gronk too

Let's stop acting like Jimmy has been some starving QB that had nothing his whole career ...so far he's he's gotten a ton of guys he's can dump the ball off too and they're the one making plays.
Share 49ersWebzone