BLACK FRIDAY SALE: 30% off at the official 49ers online store with code 30YARDS →

There are 84 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Baker came out because of a rib injury not for performance.

Yes I see where he had a chest injury before the game so he has his "excuse" card set in automatically after the crapshow their game was today too.

I've seen Steve Young play lights out while barely able to get up play after play....playing behind one of the worst Olines in the league some years.

When you get pulled amid games like that due to a previous injury,....I see it as protecting your starter.

I guess I'm just alot more ole school in terms of expectations when a QB isint perfectly healthy?
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 18, 2020 at 2:14 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Baker came out because of a rib injury not for performance.

Yes I see where he had a chest injury before the game so he has his "excuse" card set in automatically after the crapshow their game was today too.

I've seen Steve Young play lights out while barely able to get up play after play....playing behind one of the worst Olines in the league some years.

When you get pulled amid games like that due to a previous injury,....I see it as protecting your starter.

I guess I'm just alot more ole school in terms of expectations when a QB isint perfectly healthy?

Yeah, he threw two picks so it wasn't entirely the injury.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
I hate to say it, but I want him to fail miserably in a 49ers win so the entire fanbase and organization will get behind replacing him.

You want a 49ers player to fail miserably? You are dead to me.

some fans seriously dont deserve to be fans of this team.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
If he plays bad again is it cause of his ankle?

if he plays bad, he plays bad. the ankle was an excuse for last week. not this week. he said it feels great. shanahan feels confident, he's looked better, Jimmy's even admitted that every player is dealing with something, so, no excuses.

time to put up or shut up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
I hate to say it, but I want him to fail miserably in a 49ers win so the entire fanbase and organization will get behind replacing him.

If that's the way he feels, that's the way he feels.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 18, 2020 at 2:42 PM ]

sorry, but wanting your team to lose just because you have some hatred for a particular player is f**ked up, and you are a fake ass fan imo. as if 1 fan knows more than the coaches and players themselves about what's best for the team, lol
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 18, 2020 at 2:47 PM ]

sorry, but wanting your team to lose just because you have some hatred for a particular player is b******t and you are a fake fan imo. as if 1 fan knows more than the coaches and players themselves about what's best for the team, lol

Reading comprehension. He said he wants the 49ers to win.

sorry, but wanting your team to lose just because you have some hatred for a particular player is b******t and you are a fake fan imo. as if 1 fan knows more than the coaches and players themselves about what's best for the team, lol

Some people will always see what they want to see. It's ok.

you have a real hard time letting go dont you. you sound like a woman. #neverforget
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

FANS should realize that no matter how good a 49er player is, not everyone will make it to the HOF...

I love Eric Wright and John Taylor, but I know neither will make it to the HOF... why, they did not make enough MEDIA NOISE... just look at Bryant Young..

wanting the team to win but the QB to fail miserably? cant have it both ways, sorry.doesnt work like that. if you want the QB to fail by any means necessary then you're putting your own selfish interests and desires ahead of the team you supposedly root for.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
SILENCE THE CRITICSSSS !!!!

Lets go JIMBO !!!!!

I think some fans are dead set on backing a guy that is clearly not the answer going forward,which causes some not being able to see the forest for the trees
Originally posted by titan:

Why? There's no reason the organization and Jimmy can't be both successful.

Because he isn't the answer. He can't win us games when we need him to and he can't succeed unless he's in the perfect environment.

This is true JimmyG is not the anwser and it`s looking like He himself is not a winner in terms of being able to put the team on his back and carry it when the chips are down
Originally posted by 9moon:
SILENCE THE CRITICSSSS !!!!

Lets go JIMBO !!!!!

Hopefully he doesn't fold after the first Aaron Donald sack.
Share 49erswebzone