BLACK FRIDAY SALE: 30% off at the official 49ers online store with code 30YARDS →

There are 90 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
Jimmy half healthy is probably better than the other 2 QB's. We just gotta play the best players we have on the roster. Injuries can change a teams season...look at ours!!! I don't wish any injuries on other franchise, but if Wilson, Murray, or even Goff goes down the NFC West is up for grabs.
If he plays bad again is it cause of his ankle?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

His fanboys will wait till the end of the 1st quarter before getting to this one.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
WHEN daddy Mike was our OC and saw how bad Young wanted to beat the Cowboys, Daddy Mike pulled every tricks in his hat in order for Steve to have a successful game so that the blame would not be on him alone..

I remember Shanahan pulling the old Steve Boot Left or Right... The Watters End Around Pass... The Spring Option Left... I say this is the game where Padawan Shanahan gets his respect by doing the same.. With hobbling Grappy to start the game against those AVENGING RAMS, the Padawan must come up w/a game plan he's never done before... we must not only beat the Rams, we must put the flag down and show that we still OWN THE DIVISION !!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

HIs ankle is healthy, not sure how many times US fanboys can repeat this.
Jimmy's playing rate/pattern right now is on pace for 8 games where he comes out looking solid, alternated with 8 games where he looks helpless.

His current streak calls for him to come out looking like a good QB. Put your money towards that side of the table for this one.
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 18, 2020 at 1:49 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by random49er:
Jimmy's playing rate/pattern right now is on pace for 8 games where he comes out looking solid, alternated with 8 games where he looks helpless.

His current streak calls for him to come out looking like a good QB. Put your money towards that side of the table for this one.

Ok.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Sorry Kolohe,...but you don't resort to personal insults and stalking posters that disagree with your take on the current QB situation.

That takes you out eligibility for a Fanboy Card. My apologies.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Sorry Kolohe,...but you don't resort to personal insults and stalking posters that disagree with your take on the current QB situation.

That takes you out eligibility for a Fanboy Card. My apologies.

Ok

Lol even in a somewhat compliment you take a shot at him

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Hawaiian where you live, we gotta catch a game some time mah braddah!!

I've been consistent. Jimmy's an above average QB till I see reason to believe otherwise.

We have a porous Oline, but some extremely athletic playmakers. The Rams run D hasnt been great,...has only held up. They've scored 20 or less twice and 35+ twice, given 5 games. You expect things to even out against teams like these, given our talent level. I expect us to come out and have a good showing.

Baker Mayfield looked like he was getting ready to take the next step today but resorted to the "same ole, same ole" from him and was benched early.

My "hope" and "belief" in my team shows up on 3rd and 8's,....not on a message board days later. I just prefer being realistic about the nature of the game of football more than most,....nothing personal. As of now Jimmy is what he is.
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 18, 2020 at 2:07 PM ]
I've been consistent. Jimmy's an above average QB till I see reason to believe otherwise.

We have a porous Oline, but some extremely athletic playmakers. The Rams run D hasnt been great,...has only held up. They've scored 20 or less twice and 35+ twice, given 5 games. You expect things to even out against teams like these, given our talent level. I expect us to come out and have a good showing.

Baker Mayfield looked like he was getting ready to take the next step today but resorted to the "same ole, same ole" from him and was benched early.

My "hope" and "belief" in my team shows up on 3rd and 8's,....not on a message board days later. I just prefer being realistic about the nature of the game of football more than most,....nothing personal. As of now Jimmy is what he is.

This is why Jimmy isn't on top of my s**t list. His whole cast has been playing poor. But Jimmy needs to step it up too. He has far regressed from 2017.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Baker came out because of a rib injury not for performance.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

This is why Jimmy isn't on top of my s**t list. His whole cast has been playing poor. But Jimmy needs to step it up too. He has far regressed from 2017.

2017, u talking about the last 6 games?

ahhhmmm, I won't even count that.. only because it's a lot easier playing when there's nothing on the table... no one studied his plays, his footsteps etc etc... I really think he's been a B so far, he did take us to the Super Bowl with a very good D... had we ran the ball or win the Super Bowl, I think more fans would have been more patient w/him.. afterall, we went to the Super Bowl in his 1st full season...
Share 49erswebzone