Alert Follow us at @49erswz until Twitter fixes the issues with our official account.

There are 137 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BumCity:
Originally posted by susweel:
Let's see what Jimmy can do when the chips are down. This is a defining moment in his career. Hopefully he does well.

The defining moment of his career was badly overthrowing a wide open Emmanuel Sanders in the Super Bowl. Everything this season is just death spasms.

Yeah pretty much true.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
I hate to say it, but I want him to fail miserably in a 49ers win so the entire fanbase and organization will get behind replacing him.

Why? There's no reason the organization and Jimmy can't be both successful.

Because he isn't the answer. He can't win us games when we need him to and he can't succeed unless he's in the perfect environment.
I hate to say it, but I want him to fail miserably in a 49ers win so the entire fanbase and organization will get behind replacing him.

You want a 49ers player to fail miserably? You are dead to me.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Right. I think JG is playing crappy, but I don't want the guy to fail... That would mean the organization is failing!
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by English:

Right. I think JG is playing crappy, but I don't want the guy to fail... That would mean the organization is failing!

I'm not a big fan of Jimmy, but I would never want him to fail. I hope he picks apart the rams secondary today. A nice win is what we need right now to get back on track.
Originally posted by BumCity:
Originally posted by susweel:
Let's see what Jimmy can do when the chips are down. This is a defining moment in his career. Hopefully he does well.

The defining moment of his career was badly overthrowing a wide open Emmanuel Sanders in the Super Bowl. Everything this season is just death spasms.

That fourth quarter was a mess.

Is Kyle trying to make Jimmy the scapegoat? a la Mike Nolan and Alex Smith toward the end?

It's like you know he's hurt... you know he tried last week and it affected his play. You know you're going against a player that will hit him multiple times this game.

And when gets asked after the fact why he kept putting Jimmy out there, he'll say because this is Jimmy's team (like Kyle keep going out of his way to point out a few weeks back)

And that he took Jimmy's word for it, that he could play.

And let's go back to when Jimmy first got injuried against the Jets...he was obviously limping even on hand offs.. imagine if we took him out right then and there, not waiting until the whole half finished. Rested him against the Giants, Eagles, and Dolphins... sure you risked losses, but so what, at least you would have Jimmy back at his healthiest possible on this tough run of games we are about to go on.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 18, 2020 at 12:07 PM ]
I've been critical of parts of Jimmy's game but I would never criticize his toughness and desire. I'm guessing he wants to be out there and is anxious to help the team.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Is Kyle trying to make Jimmy the scapegoat? a la Mike Nolan and Alex Smith toward the end?

It's like you know he's hurt... you know he tried last week and it affected his play. You know you're going against a player that will hit him multiple times this game.

And when gets asked after the fact why he kept putting Jimmy out there, he'll say because this is Jimmy's team (like Kyle keep going out of his way to point out a few weeks back)

And let's go back to when Jimmy first got injuried against the Jets...he was obviously limping even on hand offs.. imagine if we took him out right then and there, not waiting until the whole half finished. Rested him against the Giants, Eagles, and Dolphins... sure you risked losses, but so what, at least you would have Jimmy back at his healthiest possible on this tough run of games we are about to go on.

I think Kyle is desperate, season is hanging in the ballots, Jimmy is being paid like the franchise QB and in practice he seems to look healthier. With all that said, sounds like playing Jimmy is the right decision. We ride or die with Jimmy this season. It's his team and Beathard or Mullens aren't the answer

Definitely risk involved, but as Deontay Wilder said, this ain't a gentleman's sport

QBs have played through high-ankle sprains. I'm guessing Kyle wants to see what Jimmy is made of. Is he going to have to sit out games every time he's hurt? Because that's not going to get it done in the NFCW.

Originally posted by sacniner:

I think Kyle is desperate, season is hanging in the ballots, Jimmy is being paid like the franchise QB and in practice he seems to look healthier. With all that said, sounds like playing Jimmy is the right decision. We ride or die with Jimmy this season. It's his team and Beathard or Mullens aren't the answer

Definitely risk involved, but as Deontay Wilder said, this ain't a gentleman's sport

We gotta find out if Jimmy G is our guy going forward, Kyle knows this. Time to find out what he's made of when the going gets tough, and when your defense is decimated, the QB HAS to step up. Jimmy has had some games that shows he can sling it around with the best of them, the question is can he do it consistently enough to carry the team when the defense can't. Can he tough it out and make the correct decisions under duress when the O Line is struggling. Kyle wants to know, if not....I expect we move on from him this off-season.

LETS GO JIMMY!
Watching the panthers game:

How do yall compare Teddy Bridgewater and Jimmy G?
[ Edited by bonafidejonb on Oct 18, 2020 at 12:30 PM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
CJ's era (although a short-lived one) is getting closer.
If what Barrows is reporting is true, that this game is somewhat of a litmus test for Jimmy G, then I'm all for it. I believe Shanahan and co. really need to see if JG can take another step in play, and that means less reliance on a running game/play action/etc. and more straight dropbacks for the remainder of the season. We'll probably take more losses that way, but it could be beneficial in the long run.

Can't at all rule it out,...but his 2 backups don't look stellar, tbh. Then again if he knows that,...it'd add to your point.

Shanahan's an excellent playcaller,...one of the best in the game.

Doesn't mean he can develop a QB, however. Right now we seem to be lacking in that department. We're trending towards going out on the open market yet again this offseason and picking up a guy developed somewhere else.
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 18, 2020 at 1:13 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone