LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Nah bro, seriously do you even see some of the crap some of you post, it's just down right silly.

"Then I get the ole glad you're not a mod anymore" b******t. Honestly, I never took the ridiculous criticism of Jimmy G. too serious when I was a mod. I was too busy reading through every page, trying to find the real trolls. Sure some times I got into it, but I wouldn't go too far with it, well until like the last two years of being a mod I didn't.

Gimme an example of crap I post? Is it as bad as banning someone who doesn't like UFC?

I never troll Jimmy or this thread. I want him to be good. I cheer for him. The Saints game, and at AZ were great games. I just want that consistently. And if he plays poorly, which happens at times, it's worth pointing out. When you should have won the super bowl last year, the expectations are extremely high

i think your posts in the politics threads are spot on and funny af honestly
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by genus49:
Does that rule apply just for Jimmy? Mahomes had like 2 of those TDs the other week and nobody complained.

I think it's pretty stupid myself but Jimmy is executing the play. Posting that stuff like that with "great ball placement" is super passive aggressive and lame.

Like is that where we're at now? Bashing the QB for doing his job properly just because it's easy?

And you clearly don't read all of my comment from that post or the OP I was commenting on...you don't get to claim he was sniper accurate when a good chunk of his "passing yards" can on forward handoffs. 75% of his completions were <10 yard passing attempts. It works so that's great, that s**t isn't gonna fly every week and you know it!

I also posted this in that same post you felt the need to call be passive aggressive

"before anyone get's upset...loved the placement for the Kittle TD, the 3rd down completion to Trent, Aiyuk TD, and I think there was a out route he hit Bourne on that showed he's got the arm strength (or at the very least can push off that back foot)."

Nothing wrong with pointing out good and bad, genus.

You know you didn't quote anyone right?

Nothing wrong with pointing out good and bad, agreed. But making fun of the good, just cuz it's easy is a bad look. You've always been pretty level headed. Who cares if someone throws out some hyperbole out there?

Jimmy played well overall. Wasn't perfect but it was a good Jimmy G game. Big throws on 3rd/4th down but it was also a good Kyle Shanahan game with the easy looks and great schemed calls.

When the two of them are on, we're hard to beat. I hope the two of them stay on.
Come on man...

"great ball placement" and then posting those gifs? That's troll level sh*t.

He played within the offense and did what he needed to do while still not being 100%.

Like I said air yards aren't worth more points so who gives a flying f*ck how many the QB gets as long as we're moving the chains, scoring TDs?

Oh b******t! You didn't even read the rest of my comment, clearly. I said I liked some of his throws and pointed out which ones. He doesn't get credit imo for forward handoffs. Sorry.

You're getting entirely too triggered over me pointing out some facts...the OP was claiming he was super accurate when in fact 75% of his balls were attempted at 10< yards. Are we suppose to think that's amazing? Please tell me?

Yes he won the game and did what as asked...I never ONCE said he didn't.

I sure as s**t can critique those passing attempts and analyze them. Why can't I?

If you think we can win a SB by throwing it 2 feet in front of the LOS plus Kyle having to be a grandmaster play caller every play, cool. I think we might need a little more.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
i think your posts in the politics threads are spot on and funny af honestly

Thanks my man
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
gotcha. I was more impressed with a couple throws as opposed to the total final stat line. the only way to beat Aaron Donald was to neutralize him with this kind of game plan. luckily, we have the receivers to execute it perfectly and get YAC

Same I like the play to Taylor, out route to Bourne, pretty pass to Kittle on 4th down, Aiyuk TD
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:
Nah bro, seriously do you even see some of the crap some of you post, it's just down right silly.

"Then I get the ole glad you're not a mod anymore" b******t. Honestly, I never took the ridiculous criticism of Jimmy G. too serious when I was a mod. I was too busy reading through every page, trying to find the real trolls. Sure some times I got into it, but I wouldn't go too far with it, well until like the last two years of being a mod I didn't.

Gimme an example of crap I post? Is it as bad as banning someone who doesn't like UFC?

I never troll Jimmy or this thread. I want him to be good. I cheer for him. The Saints game, and at AZ were great games. I just want that consistently. And if he plays poorly, which happens at times, it's worth pointing out. When you should have won the super bowl last year, the expectations are extremely high

Now you want me to be a mod again and go through the last few pages.

Dammit.

Alright just gonna squash it. Enjoy the win bro.
Does that rule apply just for Jimmy? Mahomes had like 2 of those TDs the other week and nobody complained.

I think it's pretty stupid myself but Jimmy is executing the play. Posting that stuff like that with "great ball placement" is super passive aggressive and lame.

Like is that where we're at now? Bashing the QB for doing his job properly just because it's easy?

yup, mahomes does that all the time and no one seems to criticize him for it
Now you want me to be a mod again and go through the last few pages.

Dammit.

Alright just gonna squash it. Enjoy the win bro.

You too bro
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

yup, mahomes does that all the time and no one seems to criticize him for it

he also doesn't throw 75% of his attempts for under 10 yards too.

Comparing what Mahomes does to what Jimmy did last night is silly.
I, like Genus above, always enjoy reading the thread after a game. I think one point that is not being discussed is the fact that Jimmy is still not 100% on that ankle. Jimmy had a couple throws on the run in the first half that were ducks. You could see he was unable to get anything on the ball. He was also less accurate in the second half, which makes sense considering the ankle was likely inflamed from the first half play. There were balls he missed (the throw to Juice comes to mind) that were at the very least impacted by the ankle. Despite this, Jimmy did a damn good job executing the offense. People can knock him for the "time in air" stuff, but that was equally a result of Aaron Donald and the horrible o-line play over the past couple weeks, as it was because of Jimmy. Jimmy had a number of really good throws. He also missed a couple too (but so does Mahomes). I think we can all agree though that last night was a step in the right direction for Jimmy, and the entire team. Hopefully he will get closer to 100% by the time we play Seattle. We will need Jimmy to play better if we want to make it through this gauntlet.

As a final note, there's a lot of football left to play this year before we decide that Jimmy is not our future. Just remember, it took Wilson years to develop into the player he is today. Let's play this year out before we talk about his replacement.
[ Edited by SD49er on Oct 19, 2020 at 9:14 AM ]

I don't analyze and criticize every play. There will be some good throws and there will be some good catches. There will also be some drops. Every game has those no matter who the receivers and QB are. I prefer to look at the overall body of work and that tells me more about who a player is. It 's obvious to me that either Jimmy can't or Kyle doesn't believe he can consistently throw the long passes whether down the middle or the deep sideline throw. If he felt he could, why wouldn't he open things up and let him throw those passes more often. He tried one yesterday at the end of the first half when an INT wouldn't hurt them. It was a pretty good pass but the coverage was too tight for a completion. Could have been PI. Don't use the ankle as an excuse because the Niners didn't try those throws often last year either.

I'm not going to take anything away from Jimmy's performance yesterday. He executed the game plan perfectly but I didn't see ant great throws that made me change my mind that he's anything more than a good QB, not elite or top 10. The line blocked well and the running game was working so he could just throw those short passes and move the team downfield. That's fine when you have the lead and are controlling the game. It's not so good if you fall behind and have to come from 2 or 3 scores down late in the game.
You know you didn't quote anyone right?

Nothing wrong with pointing out good and bad, agreed. But making fun of the good, just cuz it's easy is a bad look. You've always been pretty level headed. Who cares if someone throws out some hyperbole out there?

Jimmy played well overall. Wasn't perfect but it was a good Jimmy G game. Big throws on 3rd/4th down but it was also a good Kyle Shanahan game with the easy looks and great schemed calls.

When the two of them are on, we're hard to beat. I hope the two of them stay on.

What are you talking about? Post #56205 dude. I most certainly quoted someone.

Again you clearly just saw the 3 clips and didn't read the rest of my OP. I pointed out 3 or 4 throws from him I liked. He doesn't get credit for forward laterals and I think we can all agree being accurate under 10 yards vs over 10 yards is MUCH different. Overall kyle didn't ask Jimmy to do anything ridiculous last night.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am sorry jimmy that coach played you last week.. really bad decision
Some of you guys want to poop on Jimmy no matter what and get mad when other 49ers fans enjoy him doing good. On his good days Jimmy is a borderline top 10 QB in this league. Will he get overrated by some 49ers fans? Hell yeah what fanbase doesn't overrate their players?

The game plan last night was to control the line of scrimmage and not make Jimmy throw a lot of balls downfield considering his ankle situation. It worked brilliantly but now some fans are upset bc we didn't throw the ball downfield enough. Surely you guys aren't the same fans who complained about the Super Bowl and not sticking to what is working? The plays worked and got us a nice big lead. In fact the game probably would have been a blowout if Mostert didn't get hurt.

Last nights game plan worked. In fact the only thing that didn't work was the runs with McKinnon.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
he also doesn't throw 75% of his attempts for under 10 yards too.

Comparing what Mahomes does to what Jimmy did last night is silly.

which is why i only compared the shovel passes
Share 49ersWebzone