LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
We're getting ready to start a new season that was and still may be in jeopardy. It's time to move on from the SB loss. Trying to place blame is fruitless and only makes the pain linger. Get over it and look forward to another shot this season.
  • thl408
NinerTalk: excited for upcoming season.

NC:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ha. I feel this.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Ha. I feel this.

I wouldn't blame the overthrow for the loss . Yes he could have completed it, but it would have had to have been a perfect throw. Now all the other misses in the 4th I would definitely put on him and contributing to the loss. The flat out missing guys, like not even seeing them, was brutal. He will learn though. Also got his bell rung pretty good that quarter, so I will cut him some slack . He is a top 8 QB imo

Yeah, that's why the poll only had that Garoppolo play at the lowest of 6%. Agreed.

I dunno guys, perfect throws are usually for WRs being blanketed and the the QB just makes a perfect throw where the DB played very good coverage but that throw was a DIME, but thats just me. Not saying that it was the main fault of the loss, but it definitely didn't need a perfect throw.
I just want to see Jim get enough downfield attempts this season to where he's comfortable with more than 2 receivers. He's clearly got the timing with Aiyuk, KB and Kittle, but who else? It will be important for playoff time that we have a good vertical attack.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Aug 30, 2020 at 3:06 PM ]
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
I just want to see Jim get enough downfield attempts this season to where he's comfortable with more than 2 receivers. He's clearly got the timing with Aiyuk, KB and Kittle, but who else? It will be important for playoff time that we have a good vertical attack.

I know Pettis' speed isn't elite by NFL standards, but his shake and Kyle's ability to scheme guys open should theoretically make him another option on deeper routes 🤞🏽
And let's not forget Deebo
Ready for Jimmy G to have a great season in this offense this year
Originally posted by tohara3:

I dont know. His oline is still bad and his wr core is banged up.
Ha. I feel this.

I wouldn't blame the overthrow for the loss . Yes he could have completed it, but it would have had to have been a perfect throw. Now all the other misses in the 4th I would definitely put on him and contributing to the loss. The flat out missing guys, like not even seeing them, was brutal. He will learn though. Also got his bell rung pretty good that quarter, so I will cut him some slack . He is a top 8 QB imo

Yeah, that's why the poll only had that Garoppolo play at the lowest of 6%. Agreed.

I mean really it should be his overall play in the 4th
Ha. I feel this.

Why, exactly getting concussed from a helmet to helmet spear while he was laying on the ground, does not appear as a choice, yet it is undeniable after that helmet hit he immediately grabbed his helmet with both hands, a typical move after a QB has been helmet speared and has a concussion.

More importantly, immediately after that, his passing accuracy fell off dramatically, which could have happened anyway, but temporally, his passing inaccuracy started immediately after that helmet spear. This gets ignored and forgotten and denied, but when i looked back at his interview post game, he was still dingy, and had trouble formulating his thots. Jimmy always answers questions quickly, sharply, and intelligently. During that interview he just looked like he was in a daze, and his responses sounded the same way.

Worse yet, is that watching the spearing again and again, i am 100% convinced It was intentional. Krapt, just pure krapt. I don't believe Andy was any part of that but his LB (or DB, whichever), sure as hell was helmet hunting. And JG was already on the ground . You want an answer to your question above? There it is. Nobody is going to convince me otherwise. What a c.s move to win a game. That sucks and the guy who speared... i hope somebody returns the favor this yr.

The pendulum always swings back.
Originally posted by thl408:

NC:
Ha. I feel this.

I go to the Robert Saleh school of not moving on:

I mean really it should be his overall play in the 4th

Agree with that too. Not the best poll to say the least. Missing quite a few things.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

NC:
Ha. I feel this.

I go to the Robert Saleh school of not moving on:

Same, still pissed at our 2nd super bowl loss.
Hopefully, this OL protects our QB, like the secret service protects the President, taking the bullet for him.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Hopefully, this OL protects our QB, like the secret service protects the President, taking the bullet for him.

It's the interior OL we need to be worried about. They're not great in pass sets either the exception of Brunskill. However, he's at a position he's unfamiliar with so his PP might take a hit as well. Expect to see Jim bailing out a lot, and making plays happen off-schedule. Hopefully Aiyuk will be healthy by week 1 so he's able to sneak behind defenses for his QB to make a play downfield.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by tohara3:

I dont know. His oline is still bad and his wr core is banged up.

We really have to start with this before the season even begins? Sheesh.
Share 49ersWebzone