There are 251 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ha. I feel this.

hold on bosa, shoulda been 3rd and forever
Ha. I feel this.

I wouldn't blame the overthrow for the loss . Yes he could have completed it, but it would have had to have been a perfect throw. Now all the other misses in the 4th I would definitely put on him and contributing to the loss. The flat out missing guys, like not even seeing them, was brutal. He will learn though. Also got his bell rung pretty good that quarter, so I will cut him some slack . He is a top 8 QB imo
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Ha. I feel this.

That would fall under "Referees". IMO

And that's where my vote will go. Refs f***ed the 9ers hard in the Super Bowl!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ha. I feel this.

exactly, honestly i dont blame any one single thing... but if i have to then im going refs
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ha. I feel this.

exactly, honestly i dont blame any one single thing... but if i have to then im going refs

The offense did enough to win - it was the defense that let us down.
In this order I'd go

1. Refs
2.shanahan
3. Defense
4. Offense

If just ONE of those doesn't f**k up, they win. Still can't believe they lost
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
In this order I'd go

1. Refs
2.shanahan
3. Defense
4. Offense

If just ONE of those doesn't f**k up, they win. Still can't believe they lost

After going 5-0 in Super Bowls, we now lost two in a row. That's going to change this year.
Originally posted by mayo49:

if the hold gets called then maybe our defense doesnt choke it away ¯_(ツ)_/¯

No. The o didn't do enough the 1st 3 quarters and choked in the 4th. D was the only reason we had a chance. When you only scored 20 don't say the o did enough to win. That doesn't even beat the Browns on their average game.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 29, 2020 at 2:25 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

No. The o didn't do enough the 1st 3 quarters and choked in the 4th. D was the only reason we had a chance. When you only scored 20 don't say the o did enough to win. That doesn't even beat the Browns on their average game.

It's a 60 minute game at minimum. Giving up 21 points in 7 minutes in the 4th quarter still counts.

I get that the defense played great for most of the game and you can certainly make the claim the offense should've been able to kill the clock better or that the defense was tired later in the game but the defense still has to be accountable for the whole game.

But that's why it's hard to vote. It wasn't just one thing that killed the 49ers in this game. I personally went with OL because I believe a lot of the drives in crunch time stalled due to the play of the IOL.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Ha. I feel this.

I wouldn't blame the overthrow for the loss . Yes he could have completed it, but it would have had to have been a perfect throw. Now all the other misses in the 4th I would definitely put on him and contributing to the loss. The flat out missing guys, like not even seeing them, was brutal. He will learn though. Also got his bell rung pretty good that quarter, so I will cut him some slack . He is a top 8 QB imo

Yeah, that's why the poll only had that Garoppolo play at the lowest of 6%. Agreed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

We had a 10 point lead with 7 minutes to play. The defense totally collapsed after the 3rd and 15 bomb. Sorry, man but those are the facts - we should have won that game.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 29, 2020 at 5:37 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:

It's a 60 minute game at minimum. Giving up 21 points in 7 minutes in the 4th quarter still counts.

I get that the defense played great for most of the game and you can certainly make the claim the offense should've been able to kill the clock better or that the defense was tired later in the game but the defense still has to be accountable for the whole game.

But that's why it's hard to vote. It wasn't just one thing that killed the 49ers in this game. I personally went with OL because I believe a lot of the drives in crunch time stalled due to the play of the IOL.

For sure.

Defense gave up 21 points in 5 minutes
Chiefs knew we had to pass in the 4Q and pass protection s**t the bed
Officiating really hurt including the non calls and the timeliness of those calls
Kyle got away from the run that was slowly taking their soul *Chiefs admitted as much
Their defense making key plays and stops
Their offense making key plays when needed
Garoppolo missed some key reads and was inaccurate when needed (high throws, hit-INT, missed open receivers)
ST sucked ass (Wishnowsky and Richie, specifically)

...perfect storm for an epic final minutes full team collapse.

Goodell now has his new golden boy QB for the league to keep the machine moving forward.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 29, 2020 at 5:40 AM ]
We had a 10 point lead with 7 minutes to play. The defense totally collapsed after the 3rd and 15 bomb. Sorry, man but those are the facts - we should have won that game.

And we had 3 drives in the 4th and Not only scored nothing but didn't move the ball once. Even if you want to put some blame on the d a collapse typically works both ways. We have 1 drive and run off the clock some it's ballgame. That didn't happen did it. Punt, punt, punt, punt. That's a great way to beat one of the best offenses ever. A team that has been held under 20 just once over the past 2 years.

The o choked. It's undeniable. The d is the only reason we were in the game. You should be thanking them for keeping it close for 3 quarters.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 29, 2020 at 7:49 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

And we had 3 drives in the 4th and Not only scored nothing but didn't move the ball once. Even if you want to put some blame on the d a collapse typically works both ways. We have 1 drive and run off the clock some it's ballgame. That didn't happen did it. Punt, punt, punt, punt. That's a great way to beat one of the best offenses ever. A team that has been held under 20 just once over the past 2 years.

The o choked. It's undeniable. The d is the only reason we were in the game. You should be thanking them for keeping it close for 3 quarters.

Your right - there's plenty of blame to go around. It was a total team collapse, I'll give you that.
Share 49ersWebzone