There are 147 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:

That's not a great recipe for success where the only play you're not getting hit or pressured is a deep ball to a guy who came in halfway through the season.

So then it wasn't because of the timing and practice time with his WR,....it was the OL getting him hit the previous plays?
I thank the gods we got this dude. The one before him just made money on people's pain and suffering and only pretended to play qb
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Now he was injured in the Vikings game. God when will it end?

Did you not see the play or just think that players are invincible?

Our QB doesn't play the game in a vacuum. He gets hit, our WRs get hit, DBs get hit, other teams' QBs get hit as well if they cant throw it away sooner, et. al.

Same with the practice time jargon. You have the right to go pluck your WR out of bed 2 in the morning and go somewhere and practice in the middle of the season.

"But he wasn't up to it. Our QB couldnt get him to commit more time to practice."

Well yea,...that can kinda be what separates good players from great players. The ones that are more successful just have a knack for getting things done. The excuses don't suddenly disappear and players trip their way into more success. It's a grind. I suggest watching "The Last Dance" for a recent glimpse into the way things work.
Originally posted by random49er:

Our QB doesn't play the game in a vacuum. He gets hit, our WRs get hit, DBs get hit, other teams' QBs get hit as well if they cant throw it away sooner, et. al.

Same with the practice time jargon. You have the right to go pluck your WR out of bed 2 in the morning and go somewhere and practice in the middle of the season.

"But he wasn't up to it. Our QB couldnt get him to commit more time to practice."

Well yea,...that can kinda be what separates good players from great players. The ones that are more successful just have a knack for getting things done. The excuses don't suddenly disappear and players trip their way into more success. It's a grind. I suggest watching "The Last Dance" for a recent glimpse into the way things work.

I suggest you let a 300 pound man roll up on your knee and then assess your ability to do anything at a high level.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Why do we assume the Niners would have won that game if Jimmy makes that throw to Sanders? It would have only put us up by 3 with still 1:33 left in the game and the Chiefs having timeouts. I was hoping the Niners would go down and score a TD leaving hardly any time on the clock. Our defense was also gassed.

This. The defense gave up 21 points in 5 minutes. 1:33 is plenty of time to give up another 7. If only we had allocated all our resources to the defensive side of the ball. LOL

I think our defense would've have played with more umph if you call it had the offense had be able to score atleast once. Kinda like how KC's defense shut us down when their offense started scoring. Would've been a huge momentum swing if that td was done and puts wayyyy more pressure on KC.

I saw the play. Just curious why we are discussing that at the end of May rather than when it happened if it was truly an issue.

I fully expect Jimmy to have an even better season next year and beyond. He is trending up and I am happy with him as our QB. I just really hate excuses bro. I dont think there is anything wrong with being satisfied/excited for the future but not making excuses about the past.

Are they excuses or context? I guess it depends on your point of view.

When people assume chemistry issues or that a player was hurt when there were zero reports/speculation of an injury at the time, I call them excuses. When we know a WR runs the wrong route or the QB is hit as he throws, I call that context.

Are you just arguing to argue?

If you saw the play then you saw Jimmy got hurt. Maybe injury wasn't the best term to use but he was clearly in discomfort.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make the leap that after a very good start a player gets rolled up on...that maybe he's affected by that play the rest of the game whether physically or mentally.
I suggest you let a 300 pound man roll up on your knee and then assess your ability to do anything at a high level.

I cant count the # of grocery store-working 40 year olds there have been over the last several decades that would have been great players with millions of dollars if not for injuries.

So what are we in disagreement with here concerning injuries? They are what they are. The guys with bum knees that make the throws to a wide open WR to win the Super Bowl gets their names etched in stone "for all of eternity," and deservedly so. The ones that don't,....don't.
[ Edited by random49er on May 29, 2020 at 7:46 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
Jimmy played well in the regular season minus some questionable turnovers, but he never looked very comfortable in the playoffs and he choked down the stretch in the Super Bowl, no way around it. I hope he has a chance to make up for it, but it's not easy to get to the Super Bowl and if we don't ever win it with him, his legacy will always be the overthrow to an open Emmanuel Sanders for the touch down that might have won us our 6th Super Bowl.

You also could say the entire team (including coaches) choked in that Super Bowl 4th QTR. I think the mental jump from 4-12 to 13-3 caught the entire team by surprise and they just weren't prepared to win in the super bowl, they were just glad to be there.
[ Edited by Giedi on May 30, 2020 at 12:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
I thank the gods we got this dude. The one before him just made money on people's pain and suffering and only pretended to play qb

HEHEhe i love you man

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

HEHEhe i love you man

Blain Gabbert? Brian Hoyer? CJ Beathard? Unless you mean 4 QB's ago...
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

HEHEhe i love you man

pretty sure he meant Trent Dilfer.
Imagine ending up with Cousins instead...

"FRICK!!"
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for scottym.
But what happened to that turtle?
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

HEHEhe i love you man

pretty sure he meant Trent Dilfer.

I wish people would name who they're talking about when they make comments like that. Either insert his name or attach it to a comment that refers to him so we don't have to spend time scrolling backwards. Just a suggestion.
Share 49erswebzone