LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by random49er:
When the live bullets start flying, tho,..give me the knee brace.

No, he should keep it off - he'll get around better in the pocket without it.

It will be a confidence thing for him. Has he been practicing in it with the WRs in the off season?

No, he hasn't been wearing it all offseason. I really think that titanium monster he wore during the season really helped him in some ways, but it really impeded his throwing motion. As in he couldn't torque his lower body to get the velocity on the ball that we've seen from him in the past.

This! Maybe I'm misremembering but when he came in that five-game stretch in 2017, he had ZIP on his passes.

This past year, it was the exact opposite. He floated passes and they hung in the air for a while...some of them were like a better version of a Shaun Hill pass.

I'm hoping this means he regains velocity and tighter passing.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by JavonKinlaw:
NFL network showing SB highlights.. lets not lie to ourselves.. Chiefs kicked the s**t out of the niners man!

How come you didnt watch the first 53 minutes of the game?

Excellent call Steve!
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
This! Maybe I'm misremembering but when he came in that five-game stretch in 2017, he had ZIP on his passes.

This past year, it was the exact opposite. He floated passes and they hung in the air for a while...some of them were like a better version of a Shaun Hill pass.

Good to hear that he looks good in workouts but that's not the same as throwing under pressure. That's when your timing gets thrown off and you throw off the wrong foot or can't step into the throw.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
How come you didnt watch the first 53 minutes of the game?

He's practicing what's known as the susweel technique.
NFL network showing SB highlights.. lets not lie to ourselves.. Chiefs kicked the s**t out of the niners man!

Yeah that's why it's called SB HIGHLIGHTS genius...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Camp Jimmy!

Man gotta give credit to Poindexter and Rutter for being out there busting their arses. They have the least chance of making the roster but they're still out there grinding with the team.. Where's Dwelley, James, and Benjamin at? Chemistry is key...
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by random49er:
When the live bullets start flying, tho,..give me the knee brace.

No, he should keep it off - he'll get around better in the pocket without it.

It will be a confidence thing for him. Has he been practicing in it with the WRs in the off season?

No, he hasn't been wearing it all offseason. I really think that titanium monster he wore during the season really helped him in some ways, but it really impeded his throwing motion. As in he couldn't torque his lower body to get the velocity on the ball that we've seen from him in the past.

He will. Now that he's fully comfortable with sticking that surgically repaired knee into the ground and rotating his body to fully follow through on his throws, the zip and tight spiral he had will come back. It's already back if you're following KB's story. You can see Jimmy is really driving the ball when he's throwing it downfield, and his spiral is nice and tight. He was hesitant to do it last season. That was partly the brace and party his knee. Him changing braces to a different one will allow him better mobility and allow his follow through motion to be easier.
Wheeeeeeew, thank god Rutter is there. Lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Man gotta give credit to Poindexter and Rutter for being out there busting their arses. They have the least chance of making the roster but they're still out there grinding with the team.. Where's Dwelley, James, and Benjamin at? Chemistry is key...

If you accurately recall that game, it was the opposite until that 4 & 15 play. We were the better team, they just had the best player on the field.

Originally posted by swoosh6996:

If you accurately recall that game, it was the opposite until that 4 & 15 play. We were the better team, they just had the best player on the field.

damn those zebras theyre so good.
The Jimmy doubt continues. Deebo gets hurt, and the media acts as if our passing game is gone. More fuel to his fire. I think the he's going to elevate the receivers even higher without Deebo in the lineup and teams going all out to stop the run. Bourne is going to get targeted a lot, and Pettis gets his umpteenth life preserver for his career while Aiyuk gets a chance to merge into the offense (we will need his speed).
The Jimmy doubt continues. Deebo gets hurt, and the media acts as if our passing game is gone. More fuel to his fire. I think the he's going to elevate the receivers even higher without Deebo in the lineup and teams going all out to stop the run. Bourne is going to get targeted a lot, and Pettis gets his umpteenth life preserver for his career while Aiyuk gets a chance to merge into the offense (we will need his speed).

the only problem with this is that whenever he does good its because he elevates his receivers, but when he does bad its cause he has no receivers. So gotta make up your mind on this already..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree with you on Pettis, he has a shot at the 53 with Deebo out.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:

damn those zebras theyre so good.

I still don't have the stomach to watch the whole game.
Share 49ersWebzone