LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 183 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
With another year removed from the ACL injury - I think Jimmy balls this year.

Yup. Also second full year in Shanny's offense. Look at Matt Ryan's year 1 vs year 2
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by walker807:
lol at the thought of Kap being able to come in and win 5 games with that 2017 niner roster. Playoff Kap had a significantly more veteran team to lean on and really wasnt any more impressive than Jimmy IMO.

Kap was the only reason we got through the playoffs in 2013. To say he wasn't any more impressive than Jimmy in the playoffs is absolutely ridiculous. Kap won games by himself.
Ok then hire him. I'm pretty sure Kaep is better than Baker Mayfield, better than Dalton, they should have hired him. Pretty sure he is better than all the QB's in Jaguars roster last year, or the Dolphins QB's or the Redskins' or the Jets, or the Panthers....how come no one wants him. Maybe all these teams' General Managers are just plain dumb and dumbers. Common sense dictates that if you're a better QB than Jimmy Garoppolo (Jimmy Garoppolo is one really solid good QB if not elite yet), you should be playing in the NFL. If they don't want to hire you that means you're skill is limited, your skill is already exposed and figured out, you already reached your ceiling but everyone knows how to stop you already, your weaknesses outweighs your strengths by a great lengths, etc etc. Now if you're going to open the blackball card, if you're going political, I'm sorry but I'm done. I'm just all sports here.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erF90:
lol at the thought of Kap being able to come in and win 5 games with that 2017 niner roster. Playoff Kap had a significantly more veteran team to lean on and really wasnt any more impressive than Jimmy IMO.

Kap was the only reason we got through the playoffs in 2013. To say he wasn't any more impressive than Jimmy in the playoffs is absolutely ridiculous. Kap won games by himself.
Ok then hire him. I'm pretty sure Kaep is better than Baker Mayfield, better than Dalton, they should have hired him. Pretty sure he is better than all the QB's in Jaguars roster last year, or the Dolphins QB's or the Redskins' or the Jets, or the Panthers....how come no one wants him. Maybe all these teams' General Managers are just plain dumb and dumbers. Common sense dictates that if you're a better QB than Jimmy Garoppolo (Jimmy Garoppolo is one really solid good QB if not elite yet), you should be playing in the NFL. If they don't want to hire you that means you're skill is limited, your skill is already exposed and figured out, you already reached your ceiling but everyone knows how to stop you already, your weaknesses outweighs your strengths by a great lengths, etc etc. Now if you're going to open the blackball card, if you're going political, I'm sorry but I'm done. I'm just all sports here.

Or Maybe Kaep just turned to crap in 2014 and there after. I remember a sleeting game against the Bears when he was just an embarrassment he was so bad and that he got so bad he got benched for Gabbert. You cannot get any worse then that and he wonders why he aint been in the NFL since? It has everything to do that he lost his mojo. His form fell of a cliff and never came back.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
All Kap was good for was his running - he couldn't throw worth a s**t.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by MarkD:
At the end of the day JG is the best QB we have had since Young.

I would pick Garcia and Kaep before him. He's a solid QB but he needs help, big time.

niner fans don't care what steeler fans think

Lamar Jackson will be the exposed Kap 2.0 by 2021.
Originally posted by Bellaleo:

Yup. Also second full year in Shanny's offense. Look at Matt Ryan's year 1 vs year 2
🤜🤛
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Lamar Jackson will be the exposed Kap 2.0 by 2021.

I think Lamar Jackson is a far better passer than Kaepernick. But Jackson choked hard in the playoffs!!! I'd take Jimmy G. all day over Jackson.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Originally posted by Bellaleo:

🤜🤛

I think Jimmy's 2nd year will be better than Matt Ryan's 2nd year.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

WTF BS Frank Gore was the reason we won Not Kap

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Lamar Jackson is a far better passer than Kaepernick. But Jackson choked hard in the playoffs!!! I'd take Jimmy G. all day over Jackson.

I don't think he's a better passer but he's a better runner. They've had to work on his passing just to make him respectable. Kap was good once he got outside but he wasn't as quick as Jackson who is much better inside and finds holes like a running back. Kap had a very strong arm. In fact it was one of the strongest they ever measured in terms of velocity on the ball. His problem was accuracy.

Neither one of them is a great passer but I would give a slight edge to Kap. Jackson is really a running back playing QB.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on May 9, 2020 at 8:52 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Yup. He also made the pro bowl. And that year and half of Kap was also better.

Kap made his plays running. Nobody feared his passing. He would zip a ball right on target and then throw one way over the receivers head or into the ground. He never really learned to set his feet properly which is a shame because he had a really good arm. If he was more accurate he might still be playing even with his sideline protests. In fact he probably wouldn't have been on the sideline if his accuracy was better.
Say it ain't so! No Kappy talk please (I'll pay).Its like reliving mistakes.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by scottym:
Say it ain't so! No Kappy talk please (I'll pay).Its like reliving mistakes.

Kaep's legs and Jimmy's upper body and you have Steve Young 2.0
Please, no more Kaepernick!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone