LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by MarkD:
At the end of the day JG is the best QB we have had since Young.

I would pick Garcia and Kaep before him. He's a solid QB but he needs help, big time.

• Jcool
  • Veteran

I would pick Garcia and Kaep before him. He's a solid QB but he needs help, big time.

Did you watch Kap? Did you watch him when our start studded roster got broken up via FA, retirements, etc?
Originally posted by genus49:

Did you watch Kap? Did you watch him when our start studded roster got broken up via FA, retirements, etc?

If we just go to Tomsulas scheme next year with no weapons and give Jimmy that Boone, Martin, Devey, Pears Oline Jimmy would probably throw a bunch of picks and end up hurt too.

I used to think Jimmy was head and shoulders above Kap, but I'm not so sure anymore. I know I would take playoffs/SB Kap over playoffs/SB Jimmy so far.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 8, 2020 at 6:30 PM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

If we just go to Tomsulas scheme next year with no weapons and give Jimmy that Boone, Martin, Devey, Pears Oline Jimmy would probably throw a bunch of picks and end up hurt too.

I used to think Jimmy was head and shoulders above Kap, but I'm not so sure anymore. I know I would take playoffs/SB Kap over playoffs/SB Jimmy so far.

You are certainly allowed to have your opinion but that's a ridiculous take imo.

Especially cuz you go from basically saying Kap was surrounded by weak talent and that's why he played poorly and then bring up his playoff play...when he was on a stacked roster.

Kap playing well later in the SB after not doing much early doesn't make him better than Jimmy. Kap also didn't play after a knee injury.

Jimmy has been a much better passer and that's what I'd take. Kap had the running ability and made some really mind blowing plays but in this scheme you want a guy who is the better passer. That's jimmy.

Btw we saw what Jimmy could do when healthy and just allowed to play QB with less than stellar cast around him in 2017 and he raised our play big time. Went 5-0 and had our offense clicking. So thinking he'd suck completely with weaker talent isn't accurate.
[ Edited by genus49 on May 8, 2020 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

True but that's not saying much. Pretty low bar.

Such disrespect for Jeff Garcia.

Yup. He also made the pro bowl. And that year and half of Kap was also better.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on May 8, 2020 at 8:16 PM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Hard to believe this is Jimmy's 4th season.

And really it's his 2nd full season... weird

I don't like it when we do that, seems like an excuse or lack of accountability.

How many seasons would we give Mahomes, Wentz, and L. Jackson?

Jimmy G is a 6 year going on 7 year veteran. He was drafted in 2014 and has been in a NFL QB room and practice facility for each of those seasons. He should be a bonafide vet at this point! Mahomes figured it out in year 3, with two full seasons as a starter. L. Jackson did it in 2 seasons with a MVP in his first full year as a starter. Wentz got hurt but has been in the league since 2016, we don't get to write off some seasons. These are NFL veterans!

At the end of the day Jimmy has a better winning percentage than Jackson, Mahomes, and everyone else. The fact that he STILL has room for improvement should terrify the NFL.
If I got my math right, I think Jimmy's winning percentage is around 79%, which is higher than Tom Brady's. DANG!!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
With another year removed from the ACL injury - I think Jimmy balls this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Originally posted by DASeiler49:

Even the Browns and the Bengals (2 common bottom dwellers) don't want Kaep.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Originally posted by DASeiler49:

Even the Browns and the Bengals (2 common bottom dwellers) don't want Kaep.

Kap what a loser.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 8, 2020 at 10:34 PM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

lol at the thought of Kap being able to come in and win 5 games with that 2017 niner roster. Playoff Kap had a significantly more veteran team to lean on and really wasnt any more impressive than Jimmy IMO.
Originally posted by walker807:
lol at the thought of Kap being able to come in and win 5 games with that 2017 niner roster. Playoff Kap had a significantly more veteran team to lean on and really wasnt any more impressive than Jimmy IMO.

Kap was the only reason we got through the playoffs in 2013. To say he wasn't any more impressive than Jimmy in the playoffs is absolutely ridiculous. Kap won games by himself.
Share 49ersWebzone