LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
If Brady brought us just one trophy, it would be worth it. But only in hindsight. There is no way to say 100% it could happen, though. How great will his drop off from last year be? What if he were injured? It would be like trading a brand new Tesla Roadster for a '92 Ferrari.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
i think his trolling is entertaining. am i not allowed to acknowledge it as such?

when you call people's trolls for sharing an opinion that is being talked about by broadcasters, profootballtalk, sports media, etc. no. That's called attacking someone. which is my point. Either ignore it, or tell him why you think it wont happen.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
a) not everybody has to have the same opinions as you guys. They can have a different view of things. And sometimes people aren't that smart.

b) and more importantly, if he's trolling as you guys think, why not just ignore it? The whole idea of trolling is to get a reaction and you guys give in every time. If you just ignored it, they would eventually just shut up.

There is literally no logical breakdown of why Tom Brady replacing Jimmy at this point makes sense.

You can't point to Brady having a better season than Jimmy. You can't point to Brady wining the SB last season.

People simply talking about Brady coming here and winning a SB because they think we have a great team and Tom Brady has a career with a lot of SB wins.

That doesn't change the fact that Brady would be 43 years old, clearly on the down turn of his amazing career or bring up the fact that Brady at this stage in his career requires knowing the offense and his receivers inside and out to make up for Father Time sitting on his shoulders.

Yes people can have a different opinion...doesn't mean we have to respect that opinion if there is nothing behind it. If I have the opinion that the Earth is flat should people just ignore my ignorance or lack of logic?

And I don't think he's trolling just doing what he typically does. And the whole "if there's smoke there's fire" thing is a complete cop out.

When idiots like Florio want to get people talking because they have the platform to say whatever they want it doesn't somehow show there's a fire.

Last year he pushed the "49ers will cut Jimmy and trade for Kirk Cousins" where did that fire go?
Matt Miller put out a "Shanahan and Lynch are at odds" story after the draft...where did that fire go?

Just because people in the media can simply put out a BS story out there to get clicks doesn't mean there is enough smoke to start a fire. Fans shouldn't be that naive with the amount of information we have these days.

it doesn't matter if there is no logic in it. The sports media is creating stories to get people talking, and until Brady signs with someone, it wont stop. And with Jimmy having a bad 4th quarter in the SB, it adds to the hotness of the "rumors."

Do I think Brady will be a 49er? No. But nothing I say on the board will make it not happen, and I ain't changing anyone's mind who thinks it should.

And my point wasn't if the Brady thing is legit or not. It is if you disagree that bad that you have to label someone a troll, how about report the post and move on, or just ignore it.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
i think his trolling is entertaining. am i not allowed to acknowledge it as such?

when you call people's trolls for sharing an opinion that is being talked about by broadcasters, profootballtalk, sports media, etc. no. That's called attacking someone. which is my point. Either ignore it, or tell him why you think it wont happen.

okay well in that case I'll deem the post as a troll-post eloquently for future reference, and will happily express that if I find it to be entertaining in the slightest without attacking the poster in any way shape or form I will make that very clear.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Mar 2, 2020 at 3:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by awp8912:
Please trade this bum of a QB back to the Pats and give us TB12! We don't want 7 years to move on from what anyone with eyes can see any given Sunday.

Lmao
So what your saying is your new to watching this sport called football.

Hopefully you pick up the basics in a few years so you don't make anymore embarrassing posts like this.

I said it after Week 1 of the season, the kid does not have it. It took until the SB for the entire world (other than Niner fans) to agree with me. So I repeat to the Gods, trade his ass and bring us TB12. An actual Niner fan who would get us a SB win immediately. If Shanahan could hide a garbage QB like Jimmy G, he can turn a declining Brady into an MVP Brady just like that.
[ Edited by awp8912 on Mar 2, 2020 at 3:22 PM ]
  • thl408
Please trade this bum of a QB back to the Pats and give us TB12! We don't want 7 years to move on from what anyone with eyes can see any given Sunday.

Lmao

Hopefully you pick up the basics in a few years so you don't make anymore embarrassing posts like this.

I said it after Week 1 of the season, the kid does not have it. It took until the SB for the entire world (other than Niner fans) to agree with me. So I repeat to the Gods, trade his ass and bring us TB12. An actual Niner fan who would get us a SB win immediately. If Shanahan could hide a garbage QB like Jimmy G, he can turn a declining Brady into an MVP Brady just like that.

You did indeed say he had no "it" in him after week 1. Then you were silent for 19 weeks afterwards as the 49ers kicked ass all season long. Then Jimmy loses in the SB and you reappear talking about, "I called it". I think you are going to be very disappointed when Jimmy is again the starting QB for the 49ers in 2020.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
it doesn't matter if there is no logic in it. The sports media is creating stories to get people talking, and until Brady signs with someone, it wont stop. And with Jimmy having a bad 4th quarter in the SB, it adds to the hotness of the "rumors."

Do I think Brady will be a 49er? No. But nothing I say on the board will make it not happen, and I ain't changing anyone's mind who thinks it should.

And my point wasn't if the Brady thing is legit or not. It is if you disagree that bad that you have to label someone a troll, how about report the post and move on, or just ignore it.

By Jimmy overthrowing 1 ball to Saunders does not mean he had a bad 4th quarter.

If you watch the film the O Line and Defence had really bad 10 minutes in the 4th Quarter. Jimmy did what he could with the cards he was dealt but you cant say he did anything wrong other than the overthrown pass.
Originally posted by thl408:

Lmao

You did indeed say he had no "it" in him after week 1. Then you were silent for 19 weeks afterwards as the 49ers kicked ass all season long. Then Jimmy loses in the SB and you reappear talking about, "I called it". I think you are going to be very disappointed when Jimmy is again the starting QB for the 49ers in 2020.

This was technically Jimmys first full season as QB...he had a good season, and damn near won a SB. He'll only get better from here, all this talk about trading him back too the Patriots is ridiculous...why? So we can get a 43yr old QB for 1 or 2 seasons? 😂

Another offseason in this system, building more chemistry with the guys is how Jimmy will get better. Not quitting on him because he didn't win a SB in his 1st full year
  • All22
  • Veteran
Sign Brady for cheap then the Pats can have Jimmy for a 2020 1st and 2021 2nd round pick.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Lmao

Originally posted by All22:
Sign Brady for cheap then the Pats can have Jimmy for a 2020 1st and 2021 2nd round pick.

Then the Pats win 5+ Super Bowls with Jimmy while SF wanders in the mire searching for a QB in two years...
Originally posted by captveg:

Then the Pats win 5+ Super Bowls with Jimmy while SF wanders in the mire searching for a QB in two years...

Brady is finished. Lets face it.

Lmao

Way to go awp,...you were RIGHT as Thl noted 1 week out of 20, for an amazing 5% of the time. Congrats! Unfortunately this kind of nuttiness and foolishness is all too common here, but Thl managed to point out all the things you missed on. Basically you missed some great playing by JimmyG about oh, 95 % of the time. Sometimes posts like yours make one wonder where the poster was when Jimmy was putting on a show for the rest of us.

Tops in 3rd down conversions in the league is the mark of a guy who gets "it" done. That is opposite of a choker. But keep looking for Tom B to be here QBing the 9ers. My guess , like Thl's is that it is a fool's errand. Good luck in looking tho. And if you find out where this is going down, please share it with us. Meantime you can find the 49ers and their FR QB working out at the usual haunts...practice field. And then later, at Levi's.

This is just a guess...but awp...i believe you missed the boat. But good of you to remind us how you fared at 5% this yr.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

Mullens will win us 6
Share 49ersWebzone