There are 238 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by susweel:
See even Kyle long knows jimmy not a real one. Get tom Brady

FYI Kyle Long also thought Solomon Thomas was the best player in the 2017 draft.

Yeah Kyle Long is a doofus.
I think I'm done with any more comments on Jimmy until next season. I've stated my observations and read all the comments and I think we've covered everything. I'll give him the off season and training camp to see what adjustments to his game he can make. Then he deserves another season to show all of us whether he has actually made improvements. Now on to the draft, free agency and all that contract crap.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Goatie:
I disagree. Our centre and right guard were double teaming 92 and our right tackle was just on the other side of them guarding the edge. Brendal didn't see KC 56 coming right threw the centre until it was too late. Jimmy saw it and immediately threw the ball away, as he should have. That was on Brendal for not protecting the A gap. Jimmy could do nothing but what he did.

I know but the qb can alert the line to an incoming blitz before the play to make sure guys stay in their gaps. It's easier for them to scan it than it is for the center to. KC fooled Brendal by having the nose come into a double team. That is what it is but there was plenty of room to make a play there.

From the film I am looking at it was three on three on both the left and the right. Brendal wasn't watching Nieman when he was double teaming and that is why Nieman got threw. You could have driven a Mac Truck threw that gap. Simply was not on Jimmy.
From the film I am looking at it was three on three on both the left and the right. Brendal wasn't watching Nieman when he was double teaming and that is why Nieman got threw. You could have driven a Mac Truck threw that gap. Simply was not on Jimmy.

Again he didn't think the lb was blitzing which is something a qb can spot out and call before the play. It happens all of the time. Sure you can blame the center but pre snap awareness is on the qb too.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 20, 2020 at 8:38 AM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:
Brady lost MULTIPLE Super Bowls. Now Montana on the other hand...

Brady won 6 lol. I get that Montana didn't lose one, but the fact that Brady went to so many more SBs than Joe is a positive for Brady.

I hear you.
Brady is absolutey incredible but still not perfect. Jimmy G lost the Super Bowl but his story has yet to be written.
Montana had that Jordan factor, you just KNEW he would pull it off.
I would take a young Brady or Montana in a second. The GOAT debate will go on forever....or at least until Taysom Hill wins the next 7 straight Super Bowls.
Originally posted by TheBhagwan:
Jeff Wilson Jr. says criticism of 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo, Kyle Shanahan is unfair

it's like a Jimmy Gee charity!! Dude you cost us the superbowl!!

Dude troll statements are pathetic
I mean grow the f**k up
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:
Would you trade Jimmy G and sign Brady IF it GUARANTEED one Super Bowl win?

(Obviously this is not a real question and I'm hoping Jimmy G has a nice future but it's tempting if I know I get number 6.)

Sure, who wouldn't do that. But let me see a guarantee first.

I wouldn't. Why settle or one win and then put yourself in a position where you have to go out and find another QB to lead the franchise for the next seven years. Garoppolo is good enough to get the job done. I would lose a ton of respect for Lynch and Shanahan if they submarined Jimmy G for a one year rental on Brady. Regardless of what he may have been lacking in weapons on the Patriots this year it seemed pretty obvious that his best days are behind him. Let him go to some other team that doesn't have the talent to carry him to the Super Bowl and we'll see how he does. Maybe that will finally put the who's better, Brady or Joe, argument to rest. For all Brady has accomplished I would still pick Joe and his best 49ers team to beat Brady and his best Patriots team on a neutral field for one game, playing under the rules that Joe had to play under for most of his career. Brady would be crying to the refs after every play where some 49er got through the line and dropped the hammer on him. Or lets see how Brady's receivers would hold up with Lott punishing them on every route across the middle. I swear, I was watching the Ronnie Lott segment on the clips from the NFL's list of 100 greatest players, and half of the hits he delivered wouldn't even be legal in today's game. The guy was just a killer out there.

Again, he's guaranteeing a Super Bowl WIN. If you can guarantee the other 31 teams of a Super Bowl win like the Chiefs got, I'm betting they would make that trade too.

Funny how so many are so quick to say no after a Super Bowl loss.

I'd take a Super Bowl win any day over whatever any team has to offer.

I'd trade everybody for number 6. After that we can rebuild again. I love Jimmy G but it's crazy how fast windows close. (You got the point of my post though. Kevin Durant to the Dubs was the closest thing I've seen to a title guarantee in my lifetime)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by TheBhagwan:
Jeff Wilson Jr. says criticism of 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo, Kyle Shanahan is unfair

it's like a Jimmy Gee charity!! Dude you cost us the superbowl!!

Dude troll statements are pathetic
I mean grow the f**k up
i like jimmy very much and i have just stayed out of this silly thread. sure he had his issues in the super bowl just as many did including the head coach. he is our best chance to continue to make deep playoff runs in my opinion
  • Kyzen
Here you can go watch the last 11 minutes from 2h 15.

You will see that Jimmy didn't fail. Our O Line could not stop KC D Line. They came threw like no one was there and 95 was batting down Jimmy's passes. 3 times he got his hand to them. One on 3/10 Then Jimmy got sacked when Kyle went for it on 4th.

Go see for yourself

Won't click
Originally posted by Kyzen:
Here you can go watch the last 11 minutes from 2h 15.

You will see that Jimmy didn't fail. Our O Line could not stop KC D Line. They came threw like no one was there and 95 was batting down Jimmy's passes. 3 times he got his hand to them. One on 3/10 Then Jimmy got sacked when Kyle went for it on 4th.

Go see for yourself

Won't click

People always want to blame someone. Jimmy had a couple different drive extending 1st downs to open guys in the 4th, but Chris Jones is really good, and got a hand on them. Thats a great player making a big play. But because of that Jimmy is a choker? Its a very real possibility that if Jones doesn't bat one or both of those passes, Jimmy is SB MVP right now.

Now we're moving the goal posts I see?

Fine...

How many times were the 2018 Rams held to 3 points or less?

I guess the NFL changed a ton from 2018 to 2019 after the Pats won their SB 13 to 3 versus an offense which scored more points than this year's Chiefs right?

Just because it's easier to score these days doesn't mean top tier defenses shouldn't be expected to play 60 minutes worth of good football.

Saying well KC hasn't been held to 20 points often so what the defense did is expected and the offense blew it because they didn't get more than X points.

Our defense held them to 10 points most of the game. They are still accountable for their breakdowns at the end which is why putting the loss SOLELY on a QB when the defense couldn't hold a 10 point lead or get off the field on 3rd and 15 is idiotic.

Yes there is clear blame on Jimmy, yes the offense didn't perform well and couldn't kill the clock and close the game out but that's not all on Jimmy. It's coaching, it's execution, it's blocking and it's also simply KC defense making plays and taking advantage of the officiating apparently forgetting the rules of the game.

Chicago held them to 6 and you lost me at even trying to equate a team led by Jared Goff to a team led by Patrick Mahomes. Let's see MVP, ok qb. Do you need to be told that you need a great qb to overcome a great defense in comeback style. Is that a hard point to get? LA's passing o was struggling since losing Cooper Kupp it's not surprising at all that Bill shut them down by forcing Goff to beat them.

The #1 defense in the NFL held a warm weather team to 6 points in Chicago in December when Goff threw 4 picks.

Last I checked that wasn't 3 points on a neutral field with no weather concerns. Not surprising that Bill shut them down...I'm sure you were predicting the Pats scary D will hold the Rams to 3 points.

You keep moving the goal posts on your argument. First it was different rules, now it's a complete outlier game which wasn't even as bad as they played in the SB.

Fact is the rest of the year doesn't matter in the SB. This game made that very clear because unfortunately the KC defense ended up playing better than ours. Obviously the officiating or lack there of hurt us in that regard.
Here's 1 example. He easily had him on 3rd and 5 when we were down 3. Chose to throw to Bourne on either a bad route or just errant pass from a hit.

Your more then welcome to give the 49ers a call and tell them to broom Jimmy G. or or you can Fax Them. I don't have a text number for you, sorry.
Main Telephone(408) 562-4949
Main Fax(408) 727-4937
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Feb 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM ]
The #1 defense in the NFL held a warm weather team to 6 points in Chicago in December when Goff threw 4 picks.

Last I checked that wasn't 3 points on a neutral field with no weather concerns. Not surprising that Bill shut them down...I'm sure you were predicting the Pats scary D will hold the Rams to 3 points.

You keep moving the goal posts on your argument. First it was different rules, now it's a complete outlier game which wasn't even as bad as they played in the SB.

Fact is the rest of the year doesn't matter in the SB. This game made that very clear because unfortunately the KC defense ended up playing better than ours. Obviously the officiating or lack there of hurt us in that regard.

I'm not moving the goal post at all. Of course I'm talking about today's football and not if the game were played in 1960. You bringing up stuff that happened long ago is moving the goal post. It's a fact offense has gotten easier and easier over time. It's a fact that 10 point 4th quarter comebacks very rarely happened and now happen left and right. You want to talk last season well the top 4 teams were 1, 2, 3, and 4 in offense with the AFC title game having a 20+ point defecit being erased. So what if 1 game was defensive based as a mediocre qb floundered. That ain't Patrick Mahomes. We held him as long as we could but facts are we scored 0 in the 4th and predictably lost because you can't kerp him down all game. Not 1 team has done it yet without keeping the ball out of his hands entirely.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 20, 2020 at 11:41 AM ]
waiting......

Here's 1 example. He easily had him on 3rd and 5 with 5 minutes to go. Chose to throw to Bourne on either a bad route or just errant pass from a hit.

Kittle was wide open but there was a bunch of huge KC D Line men in the way right between Kittle and Jimmy. Rushers were just about to pummel him and he had to throw it away. You can see it on the game film but more so on the coaches film. Even if Jimmy could see Kittle the pass would have been batted down or picked. No way should Jimmy had thrown it if he could have seen Kittle and remember the play before being the 2nd & 5 Jones batted down the pass.

You have not scored anything here trying to make your point!

Next please....

I didn't even see the play he's talking about considering he removed it but that has been my point with all the "he should've gone to Kittle talk"

Yes we can check the film and say this is where he should've gone because we know the results weren't what was ideal. What we don't know is the play design, who is the first read, what is the thought process behind the play. What was Jimmy told. What was Jimmy able to see.

It's easy for anyone to review the film and see the whole field. When you're actually dropping back a split second that it sometimes takes to see someone getting open and make the decision to go to that option versus going to another one is very different.

We don't know what happens if he makes the other throw. Very well could've been batted down like you said, maybe the linebackers get to it. Do we need to go back to the reaction here after the pick to Kendricks in the Divisional game?

When you have the lead you're going to play it a little safer. So if the first read is there or a quicker throw is open you make it and hope for the best. Looking off a read that's open to try to find a bigger play is somethign top tier QBs can do. Jimmy isn't there yet but there is risk involved.

As I've said it's for Jimmy and Kyle to discuss. They know the playcall and Jimmy knows what he saw or didn't see on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone