LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
A week away from this place was great. Now back to trolling...

When are we shipping Jimmy off to Dallas for Dak?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by susweel:
See even Kyle long knows jimmy not a real one. Get tom Brady

Kyle Long is a moron, Jimmy G. was far from the reason the 9ers loss the Super Bowl. WTF was he watching.

Not sure how you can say that but ok. Jimmy was a huge reason we didn't win.

Oh I'm sure alright. IDGAF what anyone says, refs played a huge factor, the defense played a huge factor and the O-line played a huge factor in the loss. I'm not sure how people can say that when basically he had pretty much the same stats if not better than the Super Bowl MVP. And that's with a bunch of blows to the head Jimmy took a no off sides penalty that wasn't called where as Mahomes O-line had ZERO holding calls against them.

Blame Jimmy G. all you want, which would be a lazy way of looking at this loss.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:
Would you trade Jimmy G and sign Brady IF it GUARANTEED one Super Bowl win?

(Obviously this is not a real question and I'm hoping Jimmy G has a nice future but it's tempting if I know I get number 6.)

Sure, who wouldn't do that. But let me see a guarantee first.

I wouldn't. Why settle or one win and then put yourself in a position where you have to go out and find another QB to lead the franchise for the next seven years. Garoppolo is good enough to get the job done. I would lose a ton of respect for Lynch and Shanahan if they submarined Jimmy G for a one year rental on Brady. Regardless of what he may have been lacking in weapons on the Patriots this year it seemed pretty obvious that his best days are behind him. Let him go to some other team that doesn't have the talent to carry him to the Super Bowl and we'll see how he does. Maybe that will finally put the who's better, Brady or Joe, argument to rest. For all Brady has accomplished I would still pick Joe and his best 49ers team to beat Brady and his best Patriots team on a neutral field for one game, playing under the rules that Joe had to play under for most of his career. Brady would be crying to the refs after every play where some 49er got through the line and dropped the hammer on him. Or lets see how Brady's receivers would hold up with Lott punishing them on every route across the middle. I swear, I was watching the Ronnie Lott segment on the clips from the NFL's list of 100 greatest players, and half of the hits he delivered wouldn't even be legal in today's game. The guy was just a killer out there.

Again, he's guaranteeing a Super Bowl WIN. If you can guarantee the other 31 teams of a Super Bowl win like the Chiefs got, I'm betting they would make that trade too.

Funny how so many are so quick to say no after a Super Bowl loss.

I'd take a Super Bowl win any day over whatever any team has to offer.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by genus49:
I don't give a sh*t about that.

How many times were the Broncos held to 10 points or less when Manning got there before they were held to 8 in their SB loss to Seattle?

How many times were the 2007 Pats held to 14 points before they were held to that in the SB by the Giants?

Or how about the flip side? How many times has a team put up more than 20 points on this defense when it was healthy?

Putting the loss SOLELY on Jimmy with everything that went on in that game is absurd. Just like when people were blaming the 28-3 loss by the Falcons strictly on Kyle Shanahan.

So many things change in that game that have nothing to do with Jimmy and it's a completely different situation that likely leads to us winning the game.

Whether it's the defense making a stop on 3rd and 15. Whether it's Moore not getting flagged/committing a penalty on 3rd down forcing them to settle for a FG which in turn gives us a totally different situation on offense. Whether Kittle isn't flagged for OPI...etc

It's not 2008 anymore though. Offense wins nowadays due to the rule changes favoring them. In the past what 5-6 years we've seen 3 Super Bowl champions erase 10 point leads in the 4th. That Seattle d that blew Denver out got b slapped by Brady. KC has erased a 20 point lead last year v NE, and 3 10+ leads this postseason alone so you can not give a sh about it all you want but that's today's football.

Lol I'm pretty sure last seasons 10-3 Super Bowl has something to say about that.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
waiting......

Here's 1 example. He easily had him on 3rd and 5 with 5 minutes to go. Chose to throw to Bourne on either a bad route or just errant pass from a hit.

Kittle was wide open but there was a bunch of huge KC D Line men in the way right between Kittle and Jimmy. Rushers were just about to pummel him and he had to throw it away. You can see it on the game film but more so on the coaches film. Even if Jimmy could see Kittle the pass would have been batted down or picked. No way should Jimmy had thrown it if he could have seen Kittle and remember the play before being the 2nd & 5 Jones batted down the pass.

You have not scored anything here trying to make your point!

Next please....
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Oh I'm sure alright. IDGAF what anyone says, refs played a huge factor, the defense played a huge factor and the O-line played a huge factor in the loss. I'm not sure how people can say that when basically he had pretty much the same stats if not better than the Super Bowl MVP. And that's with a bunch of blows to the head Jimmy took a no off sides penalty that wasn't called where as Mahomes O-line had ZERO holding calls against them.

Blame Jimmy G. all you want, which would be a lazy way of looking at this loss.

Yes to the bolded definitely.

The Refs call on Travarious Moore with around or just under 7 minutes to go for Pass Interference was regretfully the right call. If he didn't do that we would have kept them to a field goal instead of putting them 1 yard out with a first down. People forgot about that fine example of the defense screwing the pooch.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by BriRichardson:
The defense got trucked in the 4th quarter. What sucks about zone coverage is there are seams and gaps and large areas of uncovered territory (soft spots) and Mahomes was able to figure it out. One team made halftime adjustments and the other team thought the game was already won. I blame Saleh more than any one individual. It isn't Jimmy's fault he played above his ability all season.

okay, then you play man-coverage, press man to man with Sherman getting absolutely roasted. so that didnt work either clearly.
Meh cut Sherm he simply can't cover anyone one on one. I was never really "on board" with paying out $40 mil to a corner in his 30's with a bad injury. Bottom line was missed assignments then when they adjusted, KC gashed the D with the run. Was it embarrassing? Hell yeah considering the 97% percentile chance of winning it with 6 minutes left but no need to dwell on it. Draft secondary and hopefully some good receivers. Niners should've drafted Metcalf instead of Hurd tbh
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Crappolo is the weak link

The following is not my work but I do very much agree with what he said:

" Did Jimmy Garappolo suffer a concusson in the 4th quarter of Superbowl 54? Jimmy was having a very good game through 3 quarters and was on his way to winning the Superbowl and the Superbowl MVP award when he suffered a helmet to helmet hit by a KC defender that was not called. After that, Garappolo's play really diminished. It is also at this same time that the 49ers started passing the ball far more than running. Remember. NFL offenses go into each play with both a run and pass play to choose from, and it is up to the QB to choose which one to go with. If Jimmy had suffered a concussion, his judgment would have been compromised."

And, in answer to the post which followed I don't think you need glasses. But we aren't going back through the Alex Smith era of posting, so please stop it with the name calling.
Kittle was wide open but there was a bunch of huge KC D Line men in the way right between Kittle and Jimmy. Rushers were just about to pummel him and he had to throw it away. You can see it on the game film but more so on the coaches film. Even if Jimmy could see Kittle the pass would have been batted down or picked. No way should Jimmy had thrown it if he could have seen Kittle and remember the play before being the 2nd & 5 Jones batted down the pass.

Next please....

They only sent 5. Had he spotted out the blitz at the line and alerted the center which a qb can do there's not even pressure on the play. The idea that he couldn't make a throw there is off base.
Jimmy needs to work on mechanics and foot work and pocket awareness. He fixes the first 2 and he'll have accurate spirals that lead the receiver.

Lol I'm pretty sure last seasons 10-3 Super Bowl has something to say about that.

Mahomes and Goff are totally the same qb. But if NE choked like we did and scored 0 after building a lead then you wouldn't of saw a defensive game because KC would of been there.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 20, 2020 at 7:51 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Mahomes and Goff are totally the same qb.

No, but lets not act like Goff is some chump game manager. And Mahomes had Mahomes like stats this Sunday right?
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

Next please....

They only sent 5. Had he spotted out the blitz at the line and alerted the center which a qb can do there's not even pressure on the play. The idea that he couldn't make a throw there is off base.

I disagree. Our centre and right guard were double teaming 92 and our right tackle was just on the other side of them guarding the edge. Brendal didn't see KC 56 coming right threw the centre until it was too late. Jimmy saw it and immediately threw the ball away, as he should have. That was on Brendal for not protecting the A gap. Jimmy could do nothing but what he did.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
No, but lets not act like Goff is some chump game manager. And Mahomes had Mahomes like stats this Sunday right?

Between about 8.00-7.30 minutes to go the commentators were absolutely bagging Mahomes out for having a bad Super Bowl. Then bang he made them eat their words.
I disagree. Our centre and right guard were double teaming 92 and our right tackle was just on the other side of them guarding the edge. Brendal didn't see KC 56 coming right threw the centre until it was too late. Jimmy saw it and immediately threw the ball away, as he should have. That was on Brendal for not protecting the A gap. Jimmy could do nothing but what he did.

I know but the qb can alert the line to an incoming blitz before the play to make sure guys stay in their gaps. It's easier for them to scan it than it is for the center to. KC fooled Brendal by having the nose come into a double team. That is what it is but there was plenty of room to make a play there.
Share 49ersWebzone