Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
I really believe that in a year or two we can find a better QB than Jimmy.

lol we we're in QB purgatory for 15 years. Now you want to dump Garoppolo and go back on that search?

Yeah Wtf. Jimmy's here to stay for awhile and I for one am very happy we have a stable QB position.

The only time i asked for some 4th quarter jimmy gee magic was on the superbowl down 24-20.. it never came faithful.
Originally posted by SteveYoung8:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Kyzen:
69.1 percent completion rating for the season. You have to be kidding

Just so I understand, are you seriously saying he has no accuracy problems?

Please tell me that we can all agree that his accuracy needs to improve instead of making post a thousand examples of his late, behind, too high and too low passes that were completions solely based on WRs or TEs making great catches to save the play.

Drives me nuts when people try to equate completion percentage to accuracy.

Well what did Jimmy miss through inaccuracy in the last 10 minutes? You cant criticise him when he is being hit as he is throwing the ball and it goes incomplete can you? Or you cant say he is inaccurate when Jones bats it down like he did a couple of times in the final 10 minutes can you? That isn't inaccurate you would agree? The throw that was picked by Fuller with a 1 minute 8 to go was going straight in to Bourne's hands so you couldn't say that was inaccurate could you?

Yeah he over threw Sanders on a 50 yard or so throw but was that inaccurate or was Saunders slow off the mark or slowed by defenders? Most long throws by any QB even the best land less than 50% of the time so is that your measure?

Repeatedly blaming someone for something they didn't do is something that drives most fans nuts.

Jimmy confirmed he put too much air under it.

Of course he did. Sanders flew past the KC defense on that play and that was an easy TD pass for most NFL qbs.

I wish people would drop that particular narrative. Maybe as time has passed some of you actually took the time to study it a little more closely. But yes, while the pass should have been completed, by the time it got down there Sanders had not "flown past the defense". Two guys were almost literally stepping on his heels as he had just a little bit of separation. Maybe that two was a timing issue but by the time the ball had gotten there it would not, imo had been an "easy TD" as even if it had literally been dropped on the numbers the minimal separation between Sanders and the KC DB's would have perhaps given them at least a shot to make a play on the ball,Sanders, or both.

I also think people sometimes forget that even "most NFL QB's" aren't necessarily all that good- or at least all that consistent. Better than you or me of course and better than almost every QB everywhere else. But I would wager in almost any given year 50% of the teams in the league, roughly, wouldn't mind upgrading at QB if they feasibly could.

There are just very very few QB's who are of course elite. There is maybe a handful, or slightly more who are very good. The rest are acceptable or worse.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OhioNiner:

Please tell me that we can all agree that his accuracy needs to improve instead of making post a thousand examples of his late, behind, too high and too low passes that were completions solely based on WRs or TEs making great catches to save the play.

Well what did Jimmy miss through inaccuracy in the last 10 minutes? You cant criticise him when he is being hit as he is throwing the ball and it goes incomplete can you? Or you cant say he is inaccurate when Jones bats it down like he did a couple of times in the final 10 minutes can you? That isn't inaccurate you would agree? The throw that was picked by Fuller with a 1 minute 8 to go was going straight in to Bourne's hands so you couldn't say that was inaccurate could you?

Yeah he over threw Sanders on a 50 yard or so throw but was that inaccurate or was Saunders slow off the mark or slowed by defenders? Most long throws by any QB even the best land less than 50% of the time so is that your measure?

Repeatedly blaming someone for something they didn't do is something that drives most fans nuts.

Of course he did. Sanders flew past the KC defense on that play and that was an easy TD pass for most NFL qbs.

I wish people would drop that particular narrative. Maybe as time has passed some of you actually took the time to study it a little more closely. But yes, while the pass should have been completed, by the time it got down there Sanders had not "flown past the defense". Two guys were almost literally stepping on his heels as he had just a little bit of separation. Maybe that two was a timing issue but by the time the ball had gotten there it would not, imo had been an "easy TD" as even if it had literally been dropped on the numbers the minimal separation between Sanders and the KC DB's would have perhaps given them at least a shot to make a play on the ball,Sanders, or both.

I also think people sometimes forget that even "most NFL QB's" aren't necessarily all that good- or at least all that consistent. Better than you or me of course and better than almost every QB everywhere else. But I would wager in almost any given year 50% of the teams in the league, roughly, wouldn't mind upgrading at QB if they feasibly could.

There are just very very few QB's who are of course elite. There is maybe a handful, or slightly more who are very good. The rest are acceptable or worse.

The point I was making is even if that throw was Jimmy's mistake and 50% plus it was, then the collapse in the last 9 minutes was still not his fault.

Sure he there were a lot of non completion - He was sacked and knocked to the ground a couple of times just as he threw because there was no O Line to protect him and he got smashed. Twice 95 batted his passes down, which was a rare occurrence all season, his intercept was after the game was already lost but it was an accurate through to Bourne but an awesome play by the interceptor. What exactly was on Jimmy aside from the incompletion to Sanders on the post route, was his bad or inaccurate play? How come Jimmy is the vehicle for all the blame when the defense let KC score 21 points in the last 8-9 minutes?

The point I was making is even if that throw was Jimmy's mistake and 50% plus it was, then the collapse in the last 9 minutes was still not his fault.

Sure he there were a lot of non completion - He was sacked and knocked to the ground a couple of times just as he threw because there was no O Line to protect him and he got smashed. Twice 95 batted his passes down, which was a rare occurrence all season, his intercept was after the game was already lost but it was an accurate through to Bourne but an awesome play by the interceptor. What exactly was on Jimmy aside from the incompletion to Sanders on the post route, was his bad or inaccurate play? How come Jimmy is the vehicle for all the blame when the defense let KC score 21 points in the last 8-9 minutes?

I don't know except in football it seems a lot of people, even fans of the team blame two people almost without exception- the coach and the QB.

Around here Saleh of course gets a lot of blame pretty consistently too when things go wrong.

The Brady stuff, I think most of our fans, or I hope most of our fans, think it's all nonsense.

I think next year is one to watch if for no other reason than to see if he does indeed move a lot better. You go back to the play that he tore his ACL, was he running like a sprint champion? No, but he was moving quick and outrunning at least some guys.

You look at the one play that he sort of scrambled toward the end of the game in which people were wanting a late hit and I maybe could have moved that fast, or close to it. And I'm 43 and not fat- but I was also never really very fast or athletic.

It will be very interesting to see how he does in Year 2 post ACL. The only thing is he's talked like he'll wear that brace the rest of his career. If so, maybe they'll streamline it a bit or maybe he'll change his mind. I think the brace and the hits he took to that same leg in both playoff games if memory serves really affected his mobility in and out of the pocket. Which that then effected his play at least a bit.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

I don't know except in football it seems a lot of people, even fans of the team blame two people almost without exception- the coach and the QB.

Around here Saleh of course gets a lot of blame pretty consistently too when things go wrong.

The Brady stuff, I think most of our fans, or I hope most of our fans, think it's all nonsense.

I think next year is one to watch if for no other reason than to see if he does indeed move a lot better. You go back to the play that he tore his ACL, was he running like a sprint champion? No, but he was moving quick and outrunning at least some guys.

You look at the one play that he sort of scrambled toward the end of the game in which people were wanting a late hit and I maybe could have moved that fast, or close to it. And I'm 43 and not fat- but I was also never really very fast or athletic.

It will be very interesting to see how he does in Year 2 post ACL. The only thing is he's talked like he'll wear that brace the rest of his career. If so, maybe they'll streamline it a bit or maybe he'll change his mind. I think the brace and the hits he took to that same leg in both playoff games if memory serves really affected his mobility in and out of the pocket. Which that then effected his play at least a bit.

I am not sure whether the brace would affect his mobility. It may but I think that would depend on how it is secured to the lower and upper leg. I think how it is secured my affect his movement rather then the way the brace moves at the hinge. I wear them when riding a dirt bike and I don't notice them after a while. Of course running around with them is a different thing. The brace I would image would limit twisting and hyper extension.
That overthrow still haunts me.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

lol we we're in QB purgatory for 15 years. Now you want to dump Garoppolo and go back on that search?

Yeah Wtf. Jimmy's here to stay for awhile and I for one am very happy we have a stable QB position.

• Kyzen
Originally posted by mayo49:

Originally posted by TheBhagwan:
The only time i asked for some 4th quarter jimmy gee magic was on the superbowl down 24-20.. it never came faithful.

We all were hoping for it. Tom brady has had some 4th quarter magic and not so 4th quarter magic in super bowls. Jimmy finally played a full year in shanny's offense, Im hoping jimmy lights up the scoreboard with his arm next season, just like matty ice did a year after playing in shannys system.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Jimmy is just getting started. One year removed from knee reconstruction surgery and takes the team to the Super Bowl? You've got to be kidding me.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 14, 2020 at 8:06 PM ]
Jimmy is just getting started. One year removed from knee reconstruction surgery and takes the team to the Super Bowl? You've got to be kidding me.

2017 don't draft Mahomes cause we wanted Cousins
2018 don't draft Lamar cause we had Jimmy
2019 Lamar and Mahomes beat Jimmy

both Lamar and Mahomes are MVP

some weight for that john, kyle and jimmy romance huh?
[ Edited by TheBhagwan on Feb 14, 2020 at 8:10 PM ]
cool story bro
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheBhagwan:

2017 don't draft Mahomes cause we wanted Cousins
2018 don't draft Lamar cause we had Jimmy
2019 Lamar and Mahomes beat Jimmy

both Lamar and Mahomes are MVP

some weight for that john, kyle and jimmy romance huh?

That's life - you win some, you lose some.

lil salt on dat wound
faithful still
Share 49erswebzone