LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 369 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Goatie:
You didn't watch the plays more then once did you? It is obvious you didn't. Genus49 is giving you the truth straight. And you cant handle the truth.

There were plays Jimmy flat out failed to see an open Kittle. The obvious #1 read. This has been widely discussed since the SB. I suggest you guys go back and rewatch the game. Do more than just follow the ball though.

Give me the references from either the full or condensed version I have posted to back up your claims?

There were zero times Jimmy failed to see Kittle wide open in the last 11 minutes. ZERO

By the way look at 31.35-40 on the condensed video where Jimmy passes to Kittle for a first down with 11.15 to go.
[ Edited by Goatie on Feb 20, 2020 at 6:52 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
I don't give a sh*t about that.

How many times were the Broncos held to 10 points or less when Manning got there before they were held to 8 in their SB loss to Seattle?

How many times were the 2007 Pats held to 14 points before they were held to that in the SB by the Giants?

Or how about the flip side? How many times has a team put up more than 20 points on this defense when it was healthy?

Putting the loss SOLELY on Jimmy with everything that went on in that game is absurd. Just like when people were blaming the 28-3 loss by the Falcons strictly on Kyle Shanahan.

So many things change in that game that have nothing to do with Jimmy and it's a completely different situation that likely leads to us winning the game.

Whether it's the defense making a stop on 3rd and 15. Whether it's Moore not getting flagged/committing a penalty on 3rd down forcing them to settle for a FG which in turn gives us a totally different situation on offense. Whether Kittle isn't flagged for OPI...etc

It's not 2008 anymore though. Offense wins nowadays due to the rule changes favoring them. In the past what 5-6 years we've seen 3 Super Bowl champions erase 10 point leads in the 4th. That Seattle d that blew Denver out got b slapped by Brady. KC has erased a 20 point lead last year v NE, and 3 10+ leads this postseason alone so you can not give a sh about it all you want but that's today's football.

Now we're moving the goal posts I see?

Fine...

How many times were the 2018 Rams held to 3 points or less?

I guess the NFL changed a ton from 2018 to 2019 after the Pats won their SB 13 to 3 versus an offense which scored more points than this year's Chiefs right?

Just because it's easier to score these days doesn't mean top tier defenses shouldn't be expected to play 60 minutes worth of good football.

Saying well KC hasn't been held to 20 points often so what the defense did is expected and the offense blew it because they didn't get more than X points.

Our defense held them to 10 points most of the game. They are still accountable for their breakdowns at the end which is why putting the loss SOLELY on a QB when the defense couldn't hold a 10 point lead or get off the field on 3rd and 15 is idiotic.

Yes there is clear blame on Jimmy, yes the offense didn't perform well and couldn't kill the clock and close the game out but that's not all on Jimmy. It's coaching, it's execution, it's blocking and it's also simply KC defense making plays and taking advantage of the officiating apparently forgetting the rules of the game.
Originally posted by BriRichardson:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Crappolo is the weak link

I see that as a good thing. 13 wins with a below average quarterback is something Kyle can tweak and improve on. Jimmy doesn't throw the prettiest ball but when half your yards are coming from shovel passes you don't need to rifle it in. Mask his weaknesses with plays that compliment his inability to make deep to medium throws.

Saying Garoppolo is a weak link(I don't take anyone seriously who calls him Crappolo) as you say isn't a bad thing. It means our roster is very strong.

However I don't think it's accurate. IMO if our RG or Corner across from Sherm was Jimmy's talent level as a QB we'd be a much better team than we are right now.

Overall if we're talking about units then yes you can say QB was our weakest link and it's not a big knock on Jimmy.

The great news is Jimmy should definitely be able to improve as he's more mature in this offense, should be able to spend more time with his WRs to grow that chemistry now that he doesn't have to rehab an injury.

As has been said in this thread we don't know where Jimmy is going to be 5 years from now. He could be off this team in a year or two and turn into a Fitzpatrick like QB - some great, some average and some awful. However he could also grow into a great QB.

IMO he's shown enough glimpses which gives me hope that he's going to be closer to a great one versus an average/poor QB.

5-0 run in 2017. That showed me that he's a guy who can play well and win games even when the roster isn't filled with talent. I think some people forget that by the time he started not only were we missing Pierre Garcon who was our best WR that year but Trent Brown was shut down shortly after as well with Beadles starting at RT. His numbers weren't mind blowing but you could clearly tell the offense took another level with him out there and when we actually had to throw he delivered with some mediocre talent out there. 2 game winning drives, big game against at the time #1 D in Jags.

His ability to come back from turnovers.

His ability to hang in there when he's getting hit to deliver the ball.

This idea that he sucks because late in the SB he couldn't get it done despite everything that was going on is silly. Get him 100% healthy and let's see what he can do.

For all the love Mahomes is getting because they won he was playing way worse in that game and his picks were terrible. Wonder what the narrative is these days if we didn't screw up the 3rd and 15 play.
Originally posted by random49er:
It's okay that we run alot more...if we do. The problem is needing a QB that can get you out of jams should things be accounted for and theyre rushing the passer.

okay, and Jimmy has done that for us all season. and bailed out the defense numerous times for that matter.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
The collapse started at about 7.10 when Mahomes threw a 60 yard pass to a wide open Hill. Our secondaries let us down big time.

20 seconds before that the commentators where getting stuck into Mahomes about the bad game he had that night.

I wonder if Chief's fans would be screaming that Mahomes get traded to the Pats for Brady if he didn't land that throw and they lost the game?

The defense let KS score 21 points in 6 minutes in the final quarter and people blame Jimmy when the O Line was letting him be smashed by rushers just as he was about throw and 95 got his hand to 3 off Jimmy's passes. Seriously some people just speak out of their behinds because they just cant hear what they are saying out loud.
Originally posted by BriRichardson:
The defense got trucked in the 4th quarter. What sucks about zone coverage is there are seams and gaps and large areas of uncovered territory (soft spots) and Mahomes was able to figure it out. One team made halftime adjustments and the other team thought the game was already won. I blame Saleh more than any one individual. It isn't Jimmy's fault he played above his ability all season.

okay, then you play man-coverage, press man to man with Sherman getting absolutely roasted. so that didnt work either clearly.
Here is the condensed version. The 4th Quarter starts at 28.40

You will see what genus49 is saying is the truth. If you cant see you need glasses

blocked in USA for me.
The collapse started at about 7.10 when Mahomes threw a 60 yard pass to a wide open Hill. Our secondaries let us down big time.

20 seconds before that the commentators where getting stuck into Mahomes about the bad game he had that night.

I wonder if Chief's fans would be screaming that Mahomes get traded to the Pats for Brady if he didn't land that throw and they lost the game?

The defense let KS score 21 points in 6 minutes in the final quarter and people blame Jimmy when the O Line was letting him be smashed by rushers just as he was about throw and 95 got his hand to 3 off Jimmy's passes. Seriously some people just speak out of their behinds because they just cant hear what they are saying out loud.

dont think it was 3 batted passes, believe it was 2.

but regardless, both of which were during key critical moments. which is what sucked. 3 lineman in front of the guy and they couldnt stop him from batting down a pass
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

dont think it was 3 batted passes, believe it was 2.

but regardless, both of which were during key critical moments. which is what sucked. 3 lineman in front of the guy and they couldnt stop him from batting down a pass

There were two that were very obvious. There was another where 95 got a finger to it and a slight deflection making it miss the receiver.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
blocked in USA for me.

Just try typing in the clip title into YouTube search. You might get lucky.

Originally posted by genus49:
Now we're moving the goal posts I see?

Fine...

How many times were the 2018 Rams held to 3 points or less?

I guess the NFL changed a ton from 2018 to 2019 after the Pats won their SB 13 to 3 versus an offense which scored more points than this year's Chiefs right?

Just because it's easier to score these days doesn't mean top tier defenses shouldn't be expected to play 60 minutes worth of good football.

Saying well KC hasn't been held to 20 points often so what the defense did is expected and the offense blew it because they didn't get more than X points.

Our defense held them to 10 points most of the game. They are still accountable for their breakdowns at the end which is why putting the loss SOLELY on a QB when the defense couldn't hold a 10 point lead or get off the field on 3rd and 15 is idiotic.

Yes there is clear blame on Jimmy, yes the offense didn't perform well and couldn't kill the clock and close the game out but that's not all on Jimmy. It's coaching, it's execution, it's blocking and it's also simply KC defense making plays and taking advantage of the officiating apparently forgetting the rules of the game.

Chicago held them to 6 and you lost me at even trying to equate a team led by Jared Goff to a team led by Patrick Mahomes. Let's see MVP, ok qb. Do you need to be told that you need a great qb to overcome a great defense in comeback style. Is that a hard point to get? LA's passing o was struggling since losing Cooper Kupp it's not surprising at all that Bill shut them down by forcing Goff to beat them.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 20, 2020 at 7:19 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Chicago held them to 6 and you lost me at even trying to equate a team led by Jared Goff to a team led by Patrick Mahomes. Let's see MVP, ok qb. Do you need to be told that you need a great qb to overcome a great defense. Is that a hard point to get? LA's passing o was struggling since losing Cooper Kupp it's not surprising at all that Bill shut them down by forcing Goff to beat them.

Now the film is on YouTube please tell us where in the final Quarter Kittle was wide open and Jimmy threw it else where? I bet you cant
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Chicago held them to 6 and you lost me at even trying to equate a team led by Jared Goff to a team led by Patrick Mahomes. Let's see MVP, ok qb. Do you need to be told that you need a great qb to overcome a great defense. Is that a hard point to get? LA's passing o was struggling since losing Cooper Kupp it's not surprising at all that Bill shut them down by forcing Goff to beat them.

Now the film is on YouTube please tell us where in the final Quarter Kittle was wide open and Jimmy threw it else where? I bet you cant

waiting......
Tom terrific
waiting......

Here's 1 example. He easily had him on 3rd and 5 when we were down 3. Chose to throw to Bourne on either a bad route or just errant pass from a hit.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 20, 2020 at 7:37 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone