There are 290 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It's not like he was under pressure or anything. A high school QB could have made that throw

I hope that knee is okay! For a guy who dealt a whole off-season with a knee, the shear balls to make this throw.

What a f**king epic picture, given the situation, the stakes, the degree of chaos and difficulty. This picture right here sums up why those of us who are able to analyze the whole context of a situation realize how impressive what Jimmy is doing is. That's a grown ass man realizing that he needs to make a play to win the game, knowing this his O-line has been dominated all game long. He's in the huddle, telling his boys "just give me 3 seconds. Whatever you do, give me 3 seconds and I will do the rest."

I don't think people realize how a lesser qb would be tempted to blame his struggles on the poor protection around him. Jimmy never does that. Never throws his line or his receivers under the bus. That man is a leader that is learning in the job and winning while he does it.
Originally posted by HawkBearPig:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It's not like he was under pressure or anything. A high school QB could have made that throw

I hope that knee is okay! For a guy who dealt a whole off-season with a knee, the shear balls to make this throw.

What a f**king epic picture, given the situation, the stakes, the degree of chaos and difficulty. This picture right here sums up why those of us who are able to analyze the whole context of a situation realize how impressive what Jimmy is doing is. That's a grown ass man realizing that he needs to make a play to win the game, knowing this his O-line has been dominated all game long. He's in the huddle, telling his boys "just give me 3 seconds. Whatever you do, give me 3 seconds and I will do the rest."

I don't think people realize how a lesser qb would be tempted to blame his struggles on the poor protection around him. Jimmy never does that. Never throws his line or his receivers under the bus. That man is a leader that is learning in the job and winning while he does it.

Jimmy rocks out
With his cock out
I dunno if JG will be a goat one day. I don't think he'll be better than now next season. He wins of course but By 3 points. I could be wrong but
Originally posted by Sweet49ers:
I dunno if JG will be a goat one day. I don't think he'll be better than now next season. He wins of course but By 3 points. I could be wrong but

dafuq

This^^

Stats do not always tell the whole story.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

This^^

And his stats really aren't too bad!!!

Jimmy Garoppolo is a baller, 49ers found their franchise QB for the next 10 years!!!
I think most people on this forum are happy with Jimmy but that doesn't mean they can't want him to improve certain parts of his game. People say 'do you expect him to be perfect'. The answer is no but players have to try and be perfect. If they accept being average or good they will never be the best they can be. That's why Rice was the best. He never felt he played his best game and always wanted to improve. Saying that Jimmy's strong point isn't deep throws isn't hating him, it's just pointing out an area he needs to work on. Same with pocket awareness. I'm sure he knows it and so does Kyle.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Matt Ryan's first season with Shanny in 2015:

21 TDs, 16 int, 4591 yds, comp% 66.3, record 8-8

Jimmy's first season (thus far) with Shanny:

27 TDs, 13 int, 3693 yds, comp% 68.5, record 12-3

And jimmy doesn't have the luxury of having a 26 year old Julio

Agreed

Who learned the offense WITH the QB so they started to develop a rapport at the same time. I really believe the "open" and "deep ball accuracy" is an issue of

Jimmy CLEARLY has something going on.

I he has balls coming out with a tail slew and a flutter.

Its not all of them, many are pin point accurate...but he is having a larger percentage of bad balls creping in
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

This^^

And his stats really aren't too bad!!!

Jimmy Garoppolo is a baller, 49ers found their franchise QB for the next 10 years!!!
Truth x3

Highly questionable take.. How do you not think that Jimmy will not get better than he is now with more time and reps under center? The marked improvement just through this season is something to behold. Jimmy is our future, and we need to get him a better OL that actually knows how to pass protect, starting with the guards. If he goes for over 300 yards in Seattle next week he'll have over 4k for the season. He's probably going to have to do it for us to win, and I have no doubt that he can, if he's protected well enough.

dafuq

This post has zero sense made.
If there was ever a QB to have a T.O. "that's my quarterback" moment for, it's Jimmy G.
Considering that this team has invested more in the defense than the offense, unlike say, the Chiefs, that he has led this offense to what it has is exceptional.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
12 ints and 8 fumbles is a lot. He needs to dial that back.

Matt Ryan's first season with Shanny in 2015:

21 TDs, 16 int, 4591 yds, comp% 66.3, record 8-8

Jimmy's first season (thus far) with Shanny:

27 TDs, 13 int, 3693 yds, comp% 68.5, record 12-3

There needs to be an (*) by Jimmy's name just because he had more time to study Shannahan play book than Ryan did at the start. Jimmy has had two years to at least study the Shannahan playbook. Jimmy got hurt early last season but he could at least still do the mental work with the toughest offensive playbook in the NFL. Even Kyle has said the mental side of understanding his offensive philosophy is the toughest thing for his QBs to learn. Since it takes a year to gasped it, here's what the two QBs did/done in their 2nd year.
2016 Matt Ryan:69.9% 4944yrds 38/7

2019 Jimmy Garoppolo:68.5% 3693yrds 27/13

Matt set records in yards per attempt and won the MVP. He led the 11-5 Atlanta Falcons to a near Superbowl victory over the Patriots. Now I don't think Jimmy will ever produce the individual statistics that Ryan has, however he is and will be a better winner than Ryan as it has been proven. Garoppolo is not an elite QB based off individual stats, but as a guy that wins games I'll take him over most QBs in the league right now.

So do wins by 3 points count for less in your view? Pretty sure the Patriots won a bunch of SBs in that fashion.
Share 49ersWebzone