LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
You're an awful poster. Work on yourself before you complain about others.

Why are these types of post allowed to fly? There was nothing informative about it. Its just a blatant personal attack because he doesn't like the opinion of the poster.

Just use the ignore button if he's ruining your message board experience...

Why are trolls allowed to pollute the forum?

Why are you concerned about it?

Why are over sensitive people so offended by statements like "you're an awful poster"? All he does is spew negativity nonstop. Hes a bad poster. If you dont like my opinion, I dont know what to tell you.
Just had to check... now back on pace for right about 4,000 yards passing (3,965)
Originally posted by mattster03:
Just had to check... now back on pace for right about 4,000 yards passing (3,965)

But how many fantasy pts is he on pace for? Interceptions are -2 pts! This matters more than wins.
  • Kyzen
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Seriously, mayo? Its not just that he threw a pick. Its that he throws picks on a regular basis. He's almost thrown one pick a game this season. And in some games its been multiple interceptions.

And he threw for 400+ yards and got the W. Yep he makes some mistakes, he also makes some incredible throws and you never feel like this team is out of a game with him at QB.

Coming back from being down 16-0 was this team's biggest regular season comeback since 2011. Clearly he's doing a lot right and this team is 9-1. He's definitely got room to improve which I don't think anyone is denying but he's also making big plays to get wins right now.

So conflicted, its like being in love with a super slut that makes your lunch with little love notes and washes all your clothes and keeps your house clean and organized and gives it up to you everytime you want, but when you're working late, you're constantly worried that she's bangin the neighbor and his 6 buddies.

So damn torn.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
He continues to show he has a short memory, which is his greatest asset. He has that Coolness that Joe had, mixed with the recklessness of a Farve.

Yes the Interceptions hurt especially at the times he does them. If our defense doesn't force a 3 and out after the 2nd interception, then things wouldn't be good around here.

I'm just hoping once Kittle and Sanders come back full strength, he won't have to force the throws he is doing now. And he will have targets that will either catch the ball or not let the defender catch them.

Yes, thats all I'm really saying right now. Not saying, he can't get better. Or bench him for Mullens. Or any of that idiocy. But come on.

Against some of the better teams in the league, I have some doubts if we can get away with him making these crucial mistakes.

I get that posters here get annoyed when you're critiquing the QB after a win though. So I'll leave it at that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
QB is the hardest in sports to master - I try not to be too critical when there's a pick. It's just part of playing the position.

Seriously, mayo? Its not just that he threw a pick. Its that he throws picks on a regular basis. He's almost thrown one pick a game this season. And in some games its been multiple interceptions.

But, he learns from his mistakes and is clutch when he has to be.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Not a good way to win. If you have to throw 400+ yards to come back for a marginal victory, it means we are playing catchup or have lost the turnover battle.

its different if we are blowing out teams and throwing for 400+ yards.

If the 9ers are blowing a team out he wouldn't be throwing for 400 yards.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by kray28:
I think the Niners should bring back Colin...there I said it. When you see the type of success that mobile QBs are having, why would you not do this? Especially with the scary moment we just had with Jimmy G getting sacked and coming up gimpy. He is playing on a surgically reconstructed ACL. I don't trust any of our backups to be able to win for us if they were to be thrust into a starting role.

Kap isn't mobile and never has been.

If he has an open lane he is a world beater.

He can't scramble behind LOS at all. It's not debatable.

Sorry, I just can't take anything you said seriously. Kap is still the record holder for most rushing yards by a QB in a playoff game.

Kap has great straight line speed (or had it a few years ago), but has nothing of the escape ability or mobility that other "running" QB's have. His pocket movement is awkward. Crown is right. A lot of his yardage is from a handful of plays and was prior to DC's figuring him out. Some figured it out quicker than others. Kap has nothing on Russell Wilson, or even the younger athletically gifted QB's.
I put those two ints on jimmy G, he threw it right at the defender, does he not have peripheral vision sometimes, and threw it behind dwelley. Jimmy with another 4th quarter comeback win, but we could have controlled this game in the 2nd half.
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:

not gonna lie this was me after that pick sequence and then the game winner

Great movie

Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Not a good way to win. If you have to throw 400+ yards to come back for a marginal victory, it means we are playing catchup or have lost the turnover battle.

its different if we are blowing out teams and throwing for 400+ yards.

Sometimes you just have to win ugly. No run game, no Breida, no Kittle, no Sanders for most of the game. You win however you can and today Garoppolo put the team on the back and got them the win.

When they were winning big, people were complaining that Garoppolo wasn't passing for enough yards. Now that injuries have taken their toll, people are complaining that he is passing for too many yards.
QB is the hardest in sports to master - I try not to be too critical when there's a pick. It's just part of playing the position.

But, he learns from his mistakes and is clutch when he has to be.

Does he learn from his mistakes? It seems like he makes the exact same mistakes every week.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Team49ers:
I put those two ints on jimmy G, he threw it right at the defender, does he not have peripheral vision sometimes, and threw it behind dwelley. Jimmy with another 4th quarter comeback win, but we could have controlled this game in the 2nd half.

Those are physical mistakes - as long as he's making the right reads, I can live with an occasional pick.
  • Jiks
I'm sorry Jimmy has ice in his veins but one of these days those interceptions are going to cost us. I mean Im watching the Bears game and I'm extremely thankful we have Jimmy comparatively but some here seem to brush it off like it's not a reasonable concern.
[ Edited by Jiks on Nov 17, 2019 at 6:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone