There are 180 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kyzen:
The problem with JG is that he still makes critical errors and decisions at times and he seems to continue to make throws into double and triple coverages that so far havent come back to haunt this team team, mostly because this team hasn't been in a position where those critical mistakes and bad timed mistakes could cost the team playoff wins, or even HFA wins.
As a franchise QB and a team captain, he needs to be held to a higher standard of not making those mistakes. In todays game when he threw that INT the under route WR was wide open, but JG still made an errant throw and he continued to make throws behind recievers and into double and triple covered recievers. He absolutely gets a pass on being perfect in horrible weather conditions, but his decisions need to improve.
At 6-0 HFA is going to come in to play and you better believe that the Seahawks, Saints, Ravens and Packers aren't going to be beatable when turning the ball over, mis-timed INTs and bad decisions.
Hopefully it all comes together soon, other wise his record that is so good right now that everyone wants to point out is going to take a major hit.

He needs more real game reps to get past some of these throws. All his INT aside from the tipped ones against PIT have been because he didn't see a guy in coverage. So it's a part of his game that needs to improve, but that takes time and experience, which he is finally racking up.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 20, 2019 at 1:11 PM ]
We should see if Tennessee will take Jimmy and a second rounder for Mariota.
Originally posted by Kyzen:
The problem with JG is that he still makes critical errors and decisions at times and he seems to continue to make throws into double and triple coverages that so far havent come back to haunt this team team, mostly because this team hasn't been in a position where those critical mistakes and bad timed mistakes could cost the team playoff wins, or even HFA wins.
As a franchise QB and a team captain, he needs to be held to a higher standard of not making those mistakes. In todays game when he threw that INT the under route WR was wide open, but JG still made an errant throw and he continued to make throws behind recievers and into double and triple covered recievers. He absolutely gets a pass on being perfect in horrible weather conditions, but his decisions need to improve.
At 6-0 HFA is going to come in to play and you better believe that the Seahawks, Saints, Ravens and Packers aren't going to be beatable when turning the ball over, mis-timed INTs and bad decisions.
Hopefully it all comes together soon, other wise his record that is so good right now that everyone wants to point out is going to take a major hit.

The INT was on a 4th down throw. There was an excellent return which made the entire play yardage equivalent to a sack. Had it not been for the return, the yardage equivalent would have been a shanked punt. Not all INTs are created equal.
Originally posted by OGNiner89:

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jimmy "He Just Wins Games" Garrapolo

You're the guy who thinks he knows more than everyone else because you come with unpopular, "novel," observations.
Has he had an interception free game yet?
Originally posted by Stanley:

You're the guy who thinks he knows more than everyone else because you come with unpopular, "novel," observations.

Why? because I think Mariota would be deadly in this offense.
[ Edited by OGNiner89 on Oct 20, 2019 at 1:16 PM ]
Damn it, Jimmy. You got to help me out in fantasy.
[ Edited by insanemike27 on Oct 20, 2019 at 1:16 PM ]

Why because I think Mariota would be deadly in this offense

Please immediately switch careers and try to get a job in the front office for the Rams, Seahawks, or cardinals. No seriously, I think they could use you.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
He looks goofy out there. Definitely needs to learn how to slide or he's gonna get his head ripped off. I have zero confidence in Jimmy's ability to win a playoff game with his current skill set

Good thing your confidence means nothing then I suppose

Yep, his confidence means even less being a Shehawk fan.

Been here trolling since he joined.

He should worry less about the 9ers and focus more on the Shehawks game v the Ravens
I'm not a Seahawks fan lol

Riiiighhtt...you're posting history says otherwise.

Hopefully, you're stay is a short one.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Oct 20, 2019 at 1:17 PM ]
  • thl408

Why? because I think Mariota would be deadly in this offense.

He's been in the league for years and still is illiterate when it comes to reading coverage. lol Mariota.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Damn it, Jimmy. You got to help me out in fantasy.

I play in a 16 team league and he isn't even on a single roster 😂 the dude that had him on the bench just dumped him for another bench warmer 😂
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone