Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by Furlow:
RIP cc
10-14-2019

sorry to ruin your day but i am going no where. sure i was critical of kyle and lynch. still can be which is more than fine for a fan to do. have also recanted on things i felt i was wrong about.. and this all got started because i dared to say. i hope jimmy does better with ball security moving forward.

no it all got started because YOU of all people called someone else "thin-skinned". however, kudos for your recanting. you very much overreacted and never even gave Shanahan a chance his first year as a head coach.

i think i had more questions with lynch.lol. as much as it kills me.. you would have to be a fool not to give ward and aa credit for the job they have done so far. the biggest thing i take back is the o line play this year. my good friend 85 tried to tell me to believe our center will be ok but i was skeptical. it is pretty crazy to see how that line. down two people. have played.. even in 2011 when we had the elite run blocking line. they suffered in pass protection and so far. the team is getting it done with some no names. amazing. i loved and gave praise for the additions of alexander ford and bosa but i never thought in a million years. this defense would be what it is now. i think even the best of the homers did not think it. i still think its odd when some people did get very bent out of shape for being slightly critical of jimmy with his ball security this year. i think its fine to enjoy the wins. love jimmy as your qb but hope for improvement

so you admit you jumped the gun on Shanahan and was unjustifiably overly critical in his 1st year as HC?

i stand by much of what i said in that first year. i think he made many mistakes, i think he was learning as he went. i never said i was one to be patient. i liked none of the free agents he signed and i was right with smith and hoyer. i jumped the gun bad on juice. i think he got better and the team got better and we actually had direction once he got jimmy. lynch got nothing but praise from me with jimmy and i was one of the few who loved the sherman signing from day one.. this... oh we can not sign sherman cuz he ate turkey was stupid. he was right about crabtree

no, all you looked at was win loss record. didnt see what Shanahan was doing offensively or what he lacked in the talent department.

you were wrong and you overreacted.
you are a good poster and unlike others. you never take things personal and are good to have a discussion with. i did look beyond the wins and losses. i was upset until jimmy. we seemed unable to be ready to play. struggled on the road. made mistakes etc. i appreciate what you think i was looking at. but i will disagree with you about some things. sure once we got jimmy, things changed. yes. i lacked the faith many had. thats on me and i am hardly alone. this year. i have not clung to my dislike for aa and ward. i have given credit where it is due
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Shanny publicly said (at the post game presser) that he had no problem with Jimmy's INT this past weekend. But in reality he's making Jimmy run laps around Levi's with Jed this week.

That's way beyond cruel and unusual. Oh the humanity
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
everything jonnydel said was 100% justified and validated. cc lost a ton of credibility due to his absurd overreactions and pessimism shanny's first year.

yes,, worrying about lose credibility on a forum keeps me up at night. lol
RIP cc
10-14-2019

sorry to ruin your day but i am going no where. sure i was critical of kyle and lynch. still can be which is more than fine for a fan to do. have also recanted on things i felt i was wrong about.. and this all got started because i dared to say. i hope jimmy does better with ball security moving forward.

no it all got started because YOU of all people called someone else "thin-skinned". however, kudos for your recanting. you very much overreacted and never even gave Shanahan a chance his first year as a head coach.

i think i had more questions with lynch.lol. as much as it kills me.. you would have to be a fool not to give ward and aa credit for the job they have done so far. the biggest thing i take back is the o line play this year. my good friend 85 tried to tell me to believe our center will be ok but i was skeptical. it is pretty crazy to see how that line. down two people. have played.. even in 2011 when we had the elite run blocking line. they suffered in pass protection and so far. the team is getting it done with some no names. amazing. i loved and gave praise for the additions of alexander ford and bosa but i never thought in a million years. this defense would be what it is now. i think even the best of the homers did not think it. i still think its odd when some people did get very bent out of shape for being slightly critical of jimmy with his ball security this year. i think its fine to enjoy the wins. love jimmy as your qb but hope for improvement

so you admit you jumped the gun on Shanahan and was unjustifiably overly critical in his 1st year as HC?

i stand by much of what i said in that first year. i think he made many mistakes, i think he was learning as he went. i never said i was one to be patient. i liked none of the free agents he signed and i was right with smith and hoyer. i jumped the gun bad on juice. i think he got better and the team got better and we actually had direction once he got jimmy. lynch got nothing but praise from me with jimmy and i was one of the few who loved the sherman signing from day one.. this... oh we can not sign sherman cuz he ate turkey was stupid. he was right about crabtree

no, all you looked at was win loss record. didnt see what Shanahan was doing offensively or what he lacked in the talent department.

you were wrong and you overreacted.
you are a good poster and unlike others. you never take things personal and are good to have a discussion with. i did look beyond the wins and losses. i was upset until jimmy. we seemed unable to be ready to play. struggled on the road. made mistakes etc. i appreciate what you think i was looking at. but i will disagree with you about some things. sure once we got jimmy, things changed. yes. i lacked the faith many had. thats on me and i am hardly alone. this year. i have not clung to my dislike for aa and ward. i have given credit where it is due

thanks. glad to hear you are seeing things more clearly
I think compared to our expectation of what Jimmy was going to be he could be seen not necessarily as a disappointment but maybe just falling a tad short. I love him. I think he stares down some guys sometimes, and he does make the questionably weird throw that makes me go "what were you seeing?" but, I love his gamer mentality. I love his leadership, I love his energy, his passion. There are more ways to lead than just making throws. The Td's aren't raining yet in Niner Town, but he is making very good throws on 3rd and long, and moving the chains. He's our guy, and I think by season end he'll be approaching 4000 yards and 25-30 Td's and we'lll look back and say he had a great season. There is going to be way more good than bad when the season is over. Hopefully that good leads to a trophy. let's go boys!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
RIP cc
10-14-2019

Only day that was ruined was yours, jonnydel destroyed you. Lol

no. he gave his opinion. he or it did not bother me. in regards to you. bumping threads to incite. i think you for your opinion but you and it mean nothing to me

Srsly man that's some inciting, these guys are making this thread about other posters instead of the subject matter. Hopefully the mods deal with them.
I have a feeling Jimmy will have a big day at Washington
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I think compared to our expectation of what Jimmy was going to be he could be seen not necessarily as a disappointment but maybe just falling a tad short. I love him. I think he stares down some guys sometimes, and he does make the questionably weird throw that makes me go "what were you seeing?" but, I love his gamer mentality. I love his leadership, I love his energy, his passion. There are more ways to lead than just making throws. The Td's aren't raining yet in Niner Town, but he is making very good throws on 3rd and long, and moving the chains. He's our guy, and I think by season end he'll be approaching 4000 yards and 25-30 Td's and we'lll look back and say he had a great season. There is going to be way more good than bad when the season is over. Hopefully that good leads to a trophy. let's go boys!!!

At this point it is just about health with JG. He still has not played even one seasons worth of games. He has the tools and toughness to keep getting better, but he needs the reps to do that. And I hope that Shanny doesn't take all of the gunslinger out of him. All the great QB's have some of that in their game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Srsly man that's some inciting, these guys are making this thread about other posters instead of the subject matter. Hopefully the mods deal with them.

thank you., i always thought it was about the topic and not fellow posters but oh well. in regards to topic. of course i am glad the team ended up with jimmy rather than stick with hoyer or cj or obtained cousins. i like his game so far. he is winning games for us. he has plenty of help with the run game. which is the qbs best friend and a violent 2011 defense.. you could make a case that this front four is best we have had since the 76 gold rush. i think jimmys game can improve in regards to ball security.. and it would be nice if receivers not named kittle would do a better job catching the ball. its also been nice to see after years of hearing about it.. the team is actually throwing passes to the running backs. jimmys mistakes has not cost us gamers., so they are not tragic. and i know fumbles happen. but hope it gets better
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
thanks. glad to hear you are seeing things more clearly

oh,,, and on the morning that the team gets its 9th win.. i will be front and center saying i was wrong when i said this was an 8 win team, you can count on that

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
At this point it is just about health with JG. He still has not played even one seasons worth of games. He has the tools and toughness to keep getting better, but he needs the reps to do that. And I hope that Shanny doesn't take all of the gunslinger out of him. All the great QB's have some of that in their game.
he needs more help from the wide outs. i think deebo will be fine. but i am ok if he sets sunday.. as i told sus.. it sure is nice we are using the backs in the pass game. never understood why we never did that more with gire
Kyle made it clear yesterday that the defense has been so good that he hasn't asked Jimmy to do a lot. Sounds like Alex Smith back in the Harbaugh days. I'm pretty sure he knows Jimmy is capable of more but why risk injury of INT's for the sake of stats. When the running game isn't working and the D is having a bad day Kyle will be forced to open things up and we'll see how Jimmy responds.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Kyle made it clear yesterday that the defense has been so good that he hasn't asked Jimmy to do a lot. Sounds like Alex Smith back in the Harbaugh days. I'm pretty sure he knows Jimmy is capable of more but why risk injury of INT's for the sake of stats. When the running game isn't working and the D is having a bad day Kyle will be forced to open things up and we'll see how Jimmy responds.

simply put,

Kyle isn't asking Jimmy to do a lot because of the running game and defense. despite knowing Jimmy can.

Harbaugh didn't ask Alex to do a lot not only because of the running game and defense, but because he was coddling and protecting smith. Asking that he play conservative and just protect the football. Whether it was because Harbaugh personally felt himself Alex was limited or not, only he knows.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

spot on. we saw he can win a game on his own vs the steelers. you just pound that ball and wear out the other team
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

what else is he going to say?

" I don't trust my QB" ?
Share 49ersWebzone